From: Friday, June 7, 2024
To: Sunday, June 9, 2024
New Orleans Pride Festival 2024
New Orleans Pride is listed as one of the fastest growing Pride Celebrations in the Nation and is the only Official Pride Festival in New Orleans. The pride event was reborn in 2021 with the full support of the city.
- Pride packs the city, so book early. Check out the best places to stay and grab a hotel deal in the French Quarter, the heart of all the pride festivities. Stay at the stunning Virgin Hotels New Orleans, rated “Superb” by guests and host of official pool parties, beautifully decorated rooms and great location.
New Orleans Pride 2024 Event Schedule
- Typically parties kick off on the Thursday night of the Pride weekend and continue through to the closing Sunday. Previous events included the Pink party, The Block Party @ Oz & Pub, Wet Jockey Shorts Contest @ Corner Pocket, Beach Party @ Crossing and the Underwear Dance Party @ Mags 940
- Awaiting full program for 2024.
- Stay at the Brakeman Hotel, a charming 3 star hotel with a perfect location, spacious rooms. The hotel has been classically restored and is one of our top recommendations in New Orleans.
The New Orleans Pride Parade
- Saturday June 8th, 2024 – Typically held on the final Saturday night of Pride, the New Orleans Gay Pride Parade is a night-time procession and kicks off at 6 pm and runs until 10 pm. The departure point is outside the Phoenix bar.
- The parade continues down Elysian Fields Avenue for a couple of blocks, on to Decatuer Street, across Espalande Avenue, turning at Royal Street, then on to Barracks Street to North Rampart Street.
- It continues along to Contin Street turning on to Bourbon Street, then turning on St Louis Street to Burgandy Street before turning at St Ann Street, back on to Bourbon Street ending by Cafe Lafitte.
- After the main parade. the Pride dance parties take place on Saturday night at Bourbon Pub, Oz, and the Phoenix.
- Stay right in the heart of the Pride celebrations at the Omni Royal, in one of NOLAs most fashionable corners, complete with rooftop pool, stylish rooms full or character and a fully equipped gym.
New Orleans Gay Pridefest
- Saturday, June 8th 2024 – Don’t miss the Official New Orleans PrideFest, a from 10.30 am to 5 pm at The Phoenix Bar at 941 Elysian Fields Avenue.
- Sunday, June 9th 2024 – The revelry continues on Sunday with a Pride T-Dance at The Phoenix Bar at 941 Elysian Fields Avenue.
- Check out our insider gay guide to New Orleans, for advice, tips and reviews of the best places to stay and play in the city.
Top Gay Bars, Clubs and Venues in New Orleans
Enjoy the parade as it passes by the following gay venues:
Late Night Partying
- Cafe Lafitte in Exile – 24/7 tavern & happening gay hangout since 1933 with a wraparound balcony & happy hour.
- Bourbon Pub Parade – 24/7 gay bar with two floors, a balcony & nonstop dance-club music keeping the party going.
- Oz New Orleans – Late-night gay dance club with DJs, drag shows, go-go dancers & a balcony for people-watching.
- Napoleon’s Itch – Rollicking gay nightspot famous for signature drinks & its annual Bourbon Street Extravaganza.
Pre Party Drinks
- GrandPre’s – Grand Pre’s is the LGBTQ Cheers of the French Quarter.
- Good Friends Bar – Gay bar with a laid-back vibe, mahogany bar & a Victorian-styled upstairs with a balcony.
- QiQi – The cosiest little gay bar in Uptown, New Orleans! Daily specials, great company, and sarcastic bartenders
- Crossing – Steampunk-themed gay bar with multiple video screens in a building from the 1800s.
- The Corner – Pocket Divey gay pub is known for scantily clad men dancing on the bar each night, plus sports on TV.
- The Silver Fox – (Formerly Rawhide) Down-to-earth gay leather bar with daily happy hours, pool & adult videos on TV.
- Phoenix Bar – Gay bar catering to the leather crowd provides a no-frills 24/7 hangout with a pool table.
Drag Shows and Dining
- Mag’s 940 – Wild performances from drag queens to circus acts bring in big crowds. Located in the Marigny.
- Golden Lantern – Gay bar offering draft beer, cocktails & drag shows in a snug space with an intimate vibe.
- The AllWays Lounge & Cabaret – Alternative theatre & bar putting on plays, burlesque shows & indie music concerts in funky digs.
- Betty’s Bar & Bistro – Locally owned, LGBTQ-friendly tavern with pub grub, regular drag shows & outdoor tables.
- The Country Club – American fare & creative cocktails served in a breezy, historic cottage with a pool & cabana bar. Famous for Sunday Drag Brunch.
- Clover Grill – Retro-styled diner drawing crowds from neighbouring gay bars with burgers & breakfast served 24/7.
Where to stay for New Orleans Pride?
The best place to stay is in the French quarter, which is where you will find most of the gay bars and clubs,
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of New Orleans
If you want to be close to all of New Orleans famous attractions, including the top gay-nightlife options in the city, the French Quarter remains the hub of where to stay, with dozens of hotels of all types and grades.. Adjacent to the Quarter and just downriver, you’ll find a number of gay-friendly smaller properties in historic and trendy Faubourg Marigny, which is also home to several gay-popular restaurants and bars.
Recommended Hotels in New Orleans By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in New Orleans that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
The Roosevelt Hotel
5 Star, Luxury
- 5 Star – Lovely Rooftop Bar, Full-Service Spa
- A short walk to the gay bars
- 42-inch TV, luxury amenities
- Elegant 5-star hotel, 15 minutes to Jackson Square, with a rooftop bar, fully equipped spa, and luxurious rooms.
Omni Royal, 4 Star
Sophisticated & Stylish
- 4 Star – 4-Diamond Luxury, Pinnacle Award Winner
- Close to the gay district
- Fashionable corner location
- On St. Louis at Royal, offers 4-diamond luxury, award-winning meeting services, and sophisticated style.
Royal Sonesta, 4 Star
Right on Bourbon Street
- 4 Star – On Bourbon Street, Outdoor Pool
- Close to the gay district
- WiFi, flat-screen TV, refrigerator
- In the French Quarter, offers accommodation with an outdoor pool, bars, jazz club, and modern art.
French Market Inn
3 Star Central Location
- 3 Star – Located in an Historic 1800s Building
- Close to the gay district
- Coffee facilities, air-conditioned
- Historic hotel in the French Quarter, built in the 1800s, simple rooms with coffee facilities and a short walk from Jackson Square.
Video Of New Orleans Pride Festival
New Orleans Pride with Josh Canfield + Reed Kelly
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in New Orleans
New Orleans doesn’t have distinct gay neighbourhoods in the same way as some other cities like West Hollywood or Chelsea in New York City. However, the city is known for being LGBTQ+ friendly, and you’ll find gay-friendly establishments and events scattered throughout various neighbourhoods, especially along Bourbon Street in the French Quarter.
French Quarter | Home to Bourbon Street
Photo: Laissez les bons temps rouler! Bourbon Street is at the heart of Gay NOLA.
- The French Quarter is the historic heart of New Orleans and is located along the Mississippi River.
- Famous for its lively nightlife and vibrant atmosphere along Bourbon Street and the legendary Oz and Bourbon Parade Pub.
- The quarter is one of the oldest neighbourhoods in New Orleans and is known for its distinctive Spanish and French Creole architecture.
- Discover the best things to see and do in the French Quarter
Downriver from the French Quarter with colourful, eclectic houses & a vibrant arts scene along Frenchman St.
East of the Marigny and close to Crescent Park with stunning views of the River and the NOLA skyline.
Known as the Arts District, perfect for art enthusiasts & museum-goers with trendy restaurants & boutique hotels.
The CBD offers easy access to Bourbon Street and a variety of dining options, shops, and cultural attractions.