From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Navy Pier Pride Festival 2022
Join Navy Pier for a pride filled day, one of the most popular parties in the city during the Chicago Pride festivities.
Navy Pier Pride Chicago hosts a day and evening-long Pride festival in the city each year.
Chicago’s iconic lakefront destination hosts the event on the last Saturday of the month from 1pm to 10pm.
Enjoy a variety of performances and fun for the entire family all day and night on Saturday, June 26th. Experience storytelling, music, dance, and activities Pier-wide with live music in the Beer Garden. Entrance to the event is free of charge.
- Throughout the day, you will be able to enjoy a variety of live musical performances and DJ acts in the lakefront Miller Lite Beer Garden (now open) and the Wave Wall Performance Platform. Dance and sing along with DJ All the Way Kay, DJ VitiGrrl, DeeJay Alicia, DJ Rae Chardonnay, DJ Mwelwa (part of Navy Pier’s weekly DJ series Wave Wall Wax), DJ Audio Jack and a finale from Radio Gaga.
- Navy Pier will be displaying four large colorful LGBTQ Pride banners from queer, Chicago-born artist Sam Kirk as part of her series “Pride,” which has murals displayed at both Navy Pier and The Magnificent Mile. The banners will be located in the Peoples Energy Welcome Pavilion and Fifth Third Bank Family Pavilion and portray people of different ages, races and genders in bright and colorful ways. Check out the bright murals and be sure to share on social using #NavyPier!
About the venue
- Navy Pier is the People’s Pier, Chicago’s lakefront treasure, welcoming all and offering dynamic and eclectic experiences through partnerships and programs that inspire discovery and wonder.
- Since its reopening in 1995, more than 180 million guests have come to enjoy the Pier’s 50 acres of unparalleled attractions and experiences. In 2020, Navy Pier continues to evolve into an accessible, year-round centerpiece for Chicago’s diverse arts and cultural treasures.
- Stay close to the pier at Lowes Chicago Hotel on North Park Drive, just a short taxi ride to the pride festival. The hotel has a superb rooftop lounge and rooms have city and lake views. The location is perfect for exploring all of Chicago’s top attractions.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action,
Gay Map of Chicago
The area in Chicago with the most gay bars is Boys town offering over 20 bar, we have chosen hotels close to this area that have good revues on bookings.
Recommended Apartments in Chicago
This lovely 3-bedroom apartment is professionally designed with modern furniture, a spacious living room, a fully furnished kitchen and bathroom. Your ideal accommodation for a perfect getaway.
This vintage modern décor 2-bedroom apartment Offers a living room with flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and 1 bathroom with a shower. Located in middle of all the excitement of Boystown
Luxury apartment offering a living room with flat screen TV, a fitted with a kitchen with a washing machine 1 bedroom with double bed and 1 bathroom with shower, this apartment features free WiFi.
This modern apartment is fitted with air conditioning, a fully equipped kitchen, a living room with a flat-screen TV, and a private bathroom with shower and free toiletries. Boasting free WiFi. Everything you need to enjoy your stay
Recommended Hotels in Chicago
The main gay village in Chicago is the world famous “Boystown”, one of the most most vibrant LGBT communities in the world. As well as offering the essential gay bars and clubbing experience, it also boasts great restaurants, quirky shops and a friendly vibe. Boystown is conveniently accessible by way of the Brown or Red Line, bus or a quick drive up Lake Shore Drive. We have selected gay-friendly hotels within easy walking distance of the village.
The Peninsula Chicago
5 Star, Luxury
Located along the Magnificent Mile, this Chicago hotel is 5 minutes’ walk from the Museum of Contemporary Art. The hotel offers a full-service Asian-inspired spa, & spacious luxury guest rooms with city views.
The Silversmith Hotel
4 Star, Readers Choice
Located in the centre of the Loop, near Chicago’s theater and the financial district, this hotel is close to dining, shopping, and many major attractions. Spacious rooms include cable TV and free WiFi.
Gray Hotel Chicago
4 Star, Great Value
Just blocks away from Michigan Avenue’s Magnificent Mile, this boutique hotel is located in the heart of downtown Chicago and offers a rooftop bar, and contemporary-styled guest rooms with free WiFi.
4 Star, Location
This property is 5 minutes walk from the beach. Located in Chicago city centre, this luxury boutique hotel boasts an on-site restaurant & free WiFi. Shopping & dining on Michigan Avenue is 2 minutes away.