From: Saturday, June 17, 2023
To: Sunday, June 25, 2023
Lisbon gay pride is actually two distinct events and takes place over two weekends. The first is the Lisbon Pride Parade (Marcha do Orgulho LGBT) which takes place on the first Saturday of a week long celebration, followed by the Pride festival which takes place on the final weekend.
- Visiting for Lisbon Pride? Stay in the Principe Real district, home to the best gay bars in the city. Stay at the charming Alegria Boutique Hotel, with spacious rooms and a great location.
Marcha do Orgulho LGBTI+ de Lisboa
- Saturday June 17th, 2023 – The LGBTQ community will occupy the streets of the city so that their voice can be heard once again, celebrating what has been achieved and fighting for what has yet to be achieved.
- Route and time to be confirmed – The Lisbon Pride March begins at 5 p.m. at Principe Real, ending at Avenida Ribera des Naus at the Diversity Festival.
- Stay close to the parade at the My Story Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests with a superb location, highly-rated breakfasts and popular happy-hour.
- Lisbon gay pride hosts a series of special exhibitions and events during the week leading up to the gay pride weekend. The bars and clubs also host special parties with guest DJs and international circuit parties all taking place throughout the pride festivities. Parties will be added as they are announced.
The Gay Pride Village
- Saturday June 24th, 2023 – The Lisbon Gay Pride Village, also known as Arraial Pride takes place on the last weekend in June in the heart of the city. It is a combination of political rallies and parties of celebration.
- The party is located in Terreiro do Paco and starts from noon on Saturday until early morning on Sunday (think late, 3am+) . Here you will find a selection of gay bars, food stalls and an impressive stage line up featuring guest DJs, dance acts bands and special international guest appearances.
- Stay close to the pride village at the LX Boutique Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests, featuring spacious, beautifully-decorated, themed rooms. Located in the heart of the triangle between Chiado, Baixa and Cais do Sodré districts.
Where to Party?
- Lisbon’s gay bars and clubs are concentrated in the Bairro Alto and Principe Real neighborhoods, two districts famous for their nightlife and clubbing scene.
- Principe Real is home to some of Lisbon’s more authentic gay bars. The area comes alive at the weekends and during major events and the streets fill with hot guys and a mix of locals and tourists.
- The neighborhood is home to several trendy boutiques and unique restaurants offering different cuisine from around the world. Enjoy stunning 19th century architecture and the famous weekly Saturday Market offering a variety of locally made goods, including artisanal crafts, clothing, and food.
- Stay close to the bars and clubs at the “Superb” rated Browns Avenue Hotel, a boutique venue offering guests luxurious amenities, outdoor swimming pool and spacious rooms.
Popular Bars in Principe Real
- Bar 106 – Located in Principe Real. Long running gay bar with an old school vibe. Busy at weekends with DJs and a mix of guys and ages.
- Shelter Bar – Bear Friendly bar with a warm welcome for everyone, serving craft bear and attracting a mix of older guys. Very busy at weekends.
- TR3S Lisboa – One of gay Lisbon’s most popular bars, very busy at weekends. Mix of guys and bear-popular! Terrace fills during good weather.
- Woof X – Intimate bear-friendly bar with a dark cruising area. Busy after midnight.
- Bar Cru – Small gay cruise club with theme nights – Naked/Underwear/Fetish.
- XXL Lisbon Club – Busy cruising club with a labyrinth, sling, cage, lockers and bar.
- Bairro Alto is a great destination for anyone looking for a fun and lively night out in Lisbon. Whether you’re interested in sampling local cuisine, checking out the music scene, or exploring the city’s LGBT+ nightlife, Bairro Alto has something to offer.
- The district is famous for its narrow streets, colorful buildings, and a mix of historic and contemporary architecture.
- Bars here tend to be more mixed as it is a more touristy zone, but still popular. Bars are located together in the “Esquina” or gay corner.
- Stay close to all the attractions of Barrio Alto at the Nicola Rossio Hotel, rated “Superb” by guests, the modern hotel offers charming rooms with stylish design and highly-rated breakfasts.
Popular Bars in Barrio Alto
- Espaço 40 e 1 – Friendly bar in Barrio Alto with a large bar, and small dance floor with DJs playing a mix of pop, dance and house. Bustling outdoor terrace during the Summer season.
- Friends Bar – Another Barrio Alto Bar, running for over 15 years that spills out onto the streets during the Summer season, hosting theme nights and a mix of clientele.
- Maria Caxuxa – Gay friendly bar in the Barrio Alto district, located in a former bakery.
- Purex – Busy bar in Barrio Alto with a small dancefloor and kitsch décor attracting a mixed clientele.
- Side – Small gay cocktail bar that fills the surrounding street during the weekends and throughout the Summer months.
Late Night Clubs and Circuit Events
Lisbon is home to four popular gay clubs and several pop-up parties. All host special theme nights and parties during the Lisbon Pride celebrations:
- Trumps – Gay club playing a mix of pop on one floor and Techno and House on the other. Opens on Weekends from midnight util 6am.
- Construction – Gay Club in Principe Real with a mix of house, techno and pop. Dark cruisy atmosphere and fit guys ready to party.
- Finalmente – Running for almost 50 years. Always a popular choice with guest DJs, drag queens and a mixed clientele.
- Posh Club – Mixed club attracting younger guys and their friends, playing Pop, RnB and funk music. Open Weekends and busy from 2 am.
- Together – Hosts several circuit events throughout the year with big-name DJs from parties including Xlsior and La Leche.
- Enjoy Party – Monthly-ish gay party in the North of Lisbon with a Latin Vibe, great DJs and sexy dancers.
Where to stay?
The following Lisbon Hotels are currently trending with our readers:
Lisboa Carmo Hotel, SANA Lisboa Hotel, HF Fenix Garden, The Late Birds Lisbon
Where to stay close to all the gay bars
Book now and pay on arrival.
The Lisboa Carmo is our preferred hotel
charming, central and great breakfasts!
For further information and advice on
Lisbon Pride visit Website
The gay bars are a little spread out but taxis are cheap, we have chosen Hotels close to the gay bars that have high reviews on booking.com our hotel partner .
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Lisbon that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
This 5-star property offers spacious suites and rooms that have bathrooms with a bathtub and shower. Suites include a living room with a workstation. Facilities include LCD TV with cable channels, minibar, and luxury and well-being amenities. Free WiFi, a fitness centre, concierge service and a 24-hour front desk. A heated infinity pool at the top of the building
Located in the heart of the city, Lisboa Carmo Hotel features luxury rooms with contemporary décor. The upper floors of the hotel offer views of the Tagus River. The popular Bairro Alto district is a 3 minutes’ walk away. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, a flat-screen cable TV, minibar and a private bathroom with free toiletries.
The stylish Hotel Fenix Garden is situated on the Marquês de Pombal Square in the centre of Lisbon. Eduardo VII Park and Marques Pombal Metro Station are just steps away, while the high-end shops and boutiques of Avenida da Liberdade are at a short walk. Offering bright accommodation with air-conditioned room offers free WiFi, a work desk, cable TV
Located in Bairro Alto, in the heart of Lisbon Historical center, The Late Birds Lisbon – Gay Men’s Guesthouse offers an outdoor swimming pool, a garden, a sun deck and a lounge bar. Each air-conditioned room at The Late Birds Lisbon includes a computer, a cable channel TV, free WiFi access and a private bathroom with a shower and free toiletries.
Gay Pride Lisbon Party. 23rd June 2018
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Expedia
We have chosen hotels in Lisbon that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Along with a full-service spa, this smoke-free hotel has a restaurant and a fitness center. Other amenities include a snack bar/deli, a sauna, and valet parking. All 87 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and 24-hour room service. Flat-screen TVs, espresso makers, and free newspapers are among the other amenities available to guests.
A bar/lounge, concierge services, & a 24-hour front desk are available at this smoke-free aparthotel. Free continental breakfast, Free manager’s reception. Tour/ticket assistance, multilingual staff. Each apartment provides a kitchen with a refrigerator, a stovetop, a microwave, & a dishwasher. Flat-screen TV with digital channels, and free WiFi
This smoke-free hotel features a restaurant, a bar/lounge, and a snack bar/deli. Additionally, valet parking, a business center, and a meeting room are onsite. All 66 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and room service. Smart TVs come with digital channels, and thoughtful touches like minibars (stocked with some free items) and espresso makers.
A restaurant, a bar/lounge, and a snack bar/deli are available at this smoke-free hotel. Other amenities include a 24-hour business center, a coffee shop/café, and self parking. All 82 soundproofed rooms provide free WiFi, free wired Internet, and minibars. For entertainment, LED TVs come with digital channels, premium bedding and down comforters.