From: Thursday, May 30, 2024
To: Saturday, June 1, 2024
Dresden Pride Christopher Street Day Pride March 2024
CSD Dresden takes place in early September and features three days of events, including a street festival and a colourful pride parade through the old town.
- Are you visiting for Dresden Christopher Street Day? Stay close to all the festivities at the Hotel NH Collection Dresden Altmarkt, rated “Fabulous” by guests, offering spacious rooms and a perfect location for exploring the city.
The Dresden Pride Street Festival
- 30th May to 1st June – Dresden Pride street festival takes over the Altmarkt, or Old Market Square, one of the main squares in Dresden, from Friday to Sunday and offers excellent food, live music and entertainment, plus several bars for drinks and cocktails.
The Dresden CSD March
- Saturday June 1st, 2024 – The Dresden CSD march attracts visitors from across Saxony and beyond.
- The parade mixes an activist protest with a parade celebration, including several floats and a procession of groups following with music, dancing, motorbikes, drag queens, gay boys and girls, straight allies and friends.
- More than 10,000 people attend the march.
- The march will leave the Altmarkt at around noon and continue through the streets of the old town to the Neustadt and then back, returning to the Altmarkt at around 4 pm where a full stage program awaits.
- Consider the Gewandhaus Dresden Autograph Collection for a luxurious stay rated “Fabulous” by guests. The 5-star hotel is steps from the city’s top attractions with stylish rooms and a beautiful pool with a modern gym.
Dresden, known as the “Florence of the North”, is home to a lively gay scene with several bars, cafes and restaurants. Visit the Old town or “Dresdner Altstadt” to get a feel for the city, where you will find most of the significant sights painstakingly rebuilt after World War Two. Highlights include the Zwinger, the Castle, the Castle Church, the Semper Opera building, and the Bruehl Terrace.
- Explore Dresden’s gay bars in Dresden Neustadt or New Town, a hip, alternative and gay district located in the northern part of the city.
- The old town, museums and tourist attractions are south of the River Elbe in Innere Altstadt, the Inner Old Town of Dresden.
- Stay in the heart of the old town with stunning views of the top attractions at the Amedia Plaza; a 4-star hotel with a perfect location score.
The Gay District
Getting to the gay district is easy; simply cross the river from the old town to reach Newtown’s gay bars and restaurants.
- Stay in the Motel One Hotel in the New town, rated “Fabulous” by gusts, offering spacious rooms and convenient location.
- For a unique stay, try the Relais & Châteaux Bülow Palais, a 5-star hotel with beautiful decor and close to the city’s gay nightlife
Gay Bars and Clubs
- Boys – Popular gay bar with a mixed-age crowd with busy theme nights and weekend parties.
- Saxxim – Bustling nighttime bar with a busy outside terrace, cocktails, champagne and even a pole dancer.
- Valentino – Gay cafe bar in the centre of Dresden, offering coffee, drinks and food.
- Theater Carte Blanche – Think “la Cage Aux Folles meets Las Vegas”. A dinner-show venue with spectacular costumes and excellent cuisine.
- Bunker – Gay Cruising club and host of the Dresden Leather and Fetish weekend, theme nights and more.
- Pickup – Gay Cruising club with sizeable dark room, slings and sex shop.
- Sauna Paradise – Sauna with a large terrace, massage, showers, dry sauna, dark room, sling, glory holes and steam bath. Busy at weekends.
- Boytox – Pop up gay party held at Gisela Club with several DJs, two floors, a darkroom and sexy guys.
- Queer Dance Party – Dresden’s Student Bar, “Studentenclub Bärenzwinger” and host of regular Queer Dance events from Sept to June.
Recommended Hotels in Dresden
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Dresden
Recommended Hotels in Dresden
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Dresden that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Set in Dresden, within 2.8 km of Brühl’s Terrace and 3.1 km of International Congress Center Dresden, limehome Dresden Jordanstraße offers accommodation with free WiFi. Units come with a seating area with a flat-screen TV, a kitchen with a dining area, and a private bathroom with a shower. A stovetop and coffee machine are also offered.
3 Star, Great Value
The accommodation offers a 24-hour front desk, a business centre and luggage storage for guests. All units in the hotel are fitted with a flat-screen TV. With a private bathroom equipped with a shower and a hairdryer, rooms at Moxy Dresden Neustadt also provide guests with free WiFi.
5 Star, Luxury
This completely renovated pet-friendly hotel features a new modern-baroque design. The centre of Dresden, featuring sights such as the Frauenkirche Church, is a 10-minute walk away. The rooms have a modern-baroque design and there is adjustable air conditioning. The bathrooms are decorated in Italian marble and many have a spa bath.
5 Star, Readers Choice
Situated Dresden Castle in the heart of Dresden’s Old Town, this hotel offers a gym, spa, and elegant rooms with free Wi-Fi. It is 200 m from the Semper Opera and 500 m from the Frauenkirche church. Hyperion Hotel Dresden Am Schloss has spacious rooms and suites with flat-screen TVs, hot drinks facilities and a choice of pillows. Bathrobes, slippers and a free bottle of mineral water.
Video – CSD Dresden
Highlights from previous pride marches and festivals in Dresden.