From: Friday, Nov 19th, 2021
To: Thursday, Dec 23rd, 2021
Denver Christmas Markets and Festive Holiday Attractions 2021
The annual Christkindlmarket brings authentic German and European holiday traditions to Denver!
- The Market opens every year on the Friday before Thanksgiving and lasts through the 23rd of December. The event offers an authentic German holiday experience, including meeting St. Nikolaus, Krampus and the Christkind herself.
- Guests can savour the season as they enjoy authentic Glühwein, Bavarian-style Biers, European coffee, or hot chocolate while wandering through the Market. Blinchiki (Russian-style crepes), knödel (Central European-style boiled dumplings), and Viennese apple strudel highlight the Market’s international food offerings.
- Each charming wooden hut offers finely crafted artisan gifts and holiday treats sold by local Coloradan and international merchants. Guests can enjoy live entertainment while snacking on Bavarian-style pretzels, fresh smoked salmon, or Goulash with their family and friends.
- Live German Polka music, heritage dance performances, and a designated ugly-sweater night add to the unique Christmas Experience.
- Denver’s Christkindlmarket takes place at the Civic Center Park on 101 West 14th Avenue, Just a 10-minute drive from the gay-popular River North Art District (RiNo), home to some of the city’s top gay bars and restaurants.
- The city’s gay bars boast beautiful festive decorations throughout December. Pay a visit to Charlie’s for some seasonal line dancing or dance all night at Tracks.
- Stay close to the Market The Art Hotel Denver, with funky rooms, large showers, super breakfast and close to all the city’s top attractions.
Georgetown Christmas Market
- A Victorian Christmas awaits in the historic mountain town of Georgetown, located just an hour west of Denver. Georgetown’s Sixth Street transforms into a Christmas vision with a European-style outdoor market, roasted chestnuts, horse-drawn wagon rides, and Christmas carolers.
Light Shows at the Botanic Gardens
- The Blossoms of Light returns to the Denver Botanic Gardens on York Street from late November to early January. Blossoms of Light transforms the garden into a winter wonderland full of over two million twinkling holiday lights, sure to enchant guests young and old alike.
- Zoo Lights return to the Denver Zoo for over 28 years with over a month of nightly entertainment, animal encounters, and a colourful display of holiday lights. Two million Christmas lights decorate the zoo’s 70 acres during the event, which runs through early January. Other highlights of the event include a Festival of Lights, visits with Santa Claus.
Festive Lights & The Mile High Tree
- Before Thanksgiving, experience the Grand Illumination of landmark buildings in downtown Denver, including the City & County Building, Denver Union Station, Larimer Square and more. Check out the colourful projections of Night Lights Denver on the D&F Clocktower.
- Visit the Mile High Tree, the largest installation of its kind in North America. During open times, visitors to the tree will enjoy a selection of festive and diverse songs timed to the tree’s exciting light displays. The program lasts about five minutes and will run approximately every 15 minutes.
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action,
Gay Map of Denver
Capitol Hill, a vibrant neighborhood located in East Denver, is also the city’s unofficial gayborhood. From Country/Western bars to dance clubs, there is a variety of nightlife options to discover here, with hotels an easy walk to bars
booking.com our hotel partner .
Recommended Aparments in Denver
Mint House Denver
All apartments are fitted with air conditioning, a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher as well a coffee machine, a living room with a flat-screen TV, a private bathroom with bath or shower, and free toiletries.
All units here are air-conditioned and feature a living room with a flat-screen TV, well-equipped kitchen with dishwasher, coffee machine and a dining area, a private bathroom with bath or shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries.
Stunning Modern Home! Prime Location Sleeps 15 is set in the Capitol Hill district offering 4 bedrooms, a Living room with TV and cable channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, 3 bathrooms with bath or shower.
Each unit comes with a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, a seating area, a flat-screen TV, a washing machine,a private bathroom with shower. Free WiFi, a seasonal outdoor swimming pool and a fitness centre.
Recommended Hotels in Denver
Capitol Hill, a vibrant neighbourhood located in East Denver, is also the city’s unofficial gayborhood. The main gay areas are within easy walk to most of the hotels below.
5 Star – Central Location
Terry cloth bathrobes, slippers, an iPod docking station and a flat-screen cable TV are featured in each elegant suite. Select suites feature views of downtown Denver and the mountains
Grand Hyatt Denver
4 Star – Luxury
Located 250 m from 16th Street Mall, this hotel features a bar and a restaurant on site. An indoor pool is available for guest relaxation. All rooms feature a flat-screen TV and free WiFi.
4 Star – Great Amenities
Less than 1.6 km from the Colorado Convention Center and Coors Field, this hotel offers a 37-inch flat-screen TV in every room and rooftop swimming pool with stunning city views
4 Star – Perfect Location
This downtown Sheraton Denver Hotel is adjacent to thePedestrian Mall. The hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool, modern business center and 4 on-site restaurants.