From: Friday, Jun 24th, 2022
To: Sunday, Jun 26th, 2022
Chicago Gay Pride 2022 is one of the biggest events in Chicago!
Oct 1st to 3rd – Currently still scheduled – The pre parties in the run up to the main parade which take place during “Pridefest” should be on your itinerary. There are several stages with different live acts, appealing to all tastes.
Chicago Pride Month – June 2022
The annual Chicago Pride Parade is the culmination of a busy Pride Month full of gay celebrations. Pride Fest kicks off a week long buildup in Boystown, while events like the Dyke March, and Back Lot Bash and Pride North offer Pride weekend partying in alternative gayborhoods (Humboldt Park, Andersonville and Rogers Park, respectively).
Events include sporting events, food tastings, parades, plays, musical performances, parties, queer youth gatherings, and ceremonies of all kinds.
The Pride Parade
Sunday 26th June 2022, On Sunday the roar of the crowd heralds the start of the Pride Parade, a dazzling cavalcade of diversity. The streets are lined 12 people deep as 750,000 people cheer the contingents on and enjoy the show, culture and experience! Book your stay in Lakeview early, close to all the pride events.
The main parade begins on the final Sunday at noon at the corner of Broadway and Montrose, and continues south on Broadway, then south on Halsted, east on Belmont, south again on Broadway, and east on Diversey to Cannon Drive, near Diversey Harbor.
Best place to view the Chicago Pride Parade
- For the liveliest viewing spots head to the Boystown section of North Halsted Street, between Belmont Avenue and Grace Street.
- If you are seeking a less crowded area to view the parade, look for your viewing spots near the beginning of the route along Broadway between Montrose Avenue and Sheridan Road or further along Broadway between Belmont Avenue and Diversey Parkway.
Pride in the Park Chicago
- Pride In The Park Chicago is a two day event of concerts and parties taking place during the pride weekend, from 2PM – 10PM Saturday and 3PM – 10PM Sunday. This event is expected to take place on June 25th and 26th.
Pride North Chicago Block Party
- Pride North Chicago is Chicago’s Largest North-side Neighborhood Pride Dance Party taking place each year in June. The city’s Northside gets into the act in the Glenwood Arts District – which runs from noon until 2 am and includes plenty of great entertainment.
Chicago Navy Pier Pride Festival
- Join Navy Pier for a pride filled day, one of the most popular parties in the city during the Chicago Pride festivities.
Circuit Mom Pride After Party
- Sometimes, we never want the party to end, and so Circuit Mom is bringing you the ultimate closing event for Chicago Pride.
Where to stay?
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action:
Gay Map of Chicago
The area in Chicago with the most gay bars is Boys town offering over 20 bar, we have chosen hotels close to this area that have good revues on bookings.
Chicago Gay Pride
Chicago Pride Fest 2018
Recommended Hotels in Chicago
The main gay village in Chicago is the world famous “Boystown”, one of the most most vibrant LGBT communities in the world. As well as offering the essential gay bars and clubbing experience, it also boasts great restaurants, quirky shops and a friendly vibe. Boystown is conveniently accessible by way of the Brown or Red Line, bus or a quick drive up Lake Shore Drive. We have selected gay-friendly hotels within easy walking distance of the village.
The Peninsula Chicago
5 Star, Luxury
Located along the Magnificent Mile, this Chicago hotel is 5 minutes’ walk from the Museum of Contemporary Art. The hotel offers a full-service Asian-inspired spa, & spacious luxury guest rooms with city views.
The Silversmith Hotel
4 Star, Readers Choice
Located in the centre of the Loop, near Chicago’s theater and the financial district, this hotel is close to dining, shopping, and many major attractions. Spacious rooms include cable TV and free WiFi.
Gray Hotel Chicago
4 Star, Great Value
Just blocks away from Michigan Avenue’s Magnificent Mile, this boutique hotel is located in the heart of downtown Chicago and offers a rooftop bar, and contemporary-styled guest rooms with free WiFi.
4 Star, Location
This property is 5 minutes walk from the beach. Located in Chicago city centre, this luxury boutique hotel boasts an on-site restaurant & free WiFi. Shopping & dining on Michigan Avenue is 2 minutes away.
Recommended Apartments in Chicago
This lovely 3-bedroom apartment is professionally designed with modern furniture, a spacious living room, a fully furnished kitchen and bathroom. Your ideal accommodation for a perfect getaway.
This vintage modern décor 2-bedroom apartment Offers a living room with flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and 1 bathroom with a shower. Located in middle of all the excitement of Boystown
Luxury apartment offering a living room with flat screen TV, a fitted with a kitchen with a washing machine 1 bedroom with double bed and 1 bathroom with shower, this apartment features free WiFi.
This modern apartment is fitted with air conditioning, a fully equipped kitchen, a living room with a flat-screen TV, and a private bathroom with shower and free toiletries. Boasting free WiFi. Everything you need to enjoy your stay