From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Charleston Pride Festival 2024
Charleston Pride is one of the later pride events in the USA, taking place in the fall. It is the perfect excuse for a post Summer escape with great weather and a charming welcome.
- Visiting Charleston? Stay close to the centre of gay life in the Historic District’s French Quarter. Stay at The Loutrel, rated “Exceptional” by guests, with a modern fitness centre, perfect location and stunning rooftop terrace offering a 360 degree view of Charleston.
Charleston Pride Festival at The Refinery
- Typically on the final Saturday of a week long event – From 12 pm to 6 pm.
- Head to The Refinery for the Charleston Pride Festival.
- This year’s event is full of fun for all ages including a curated selection of live entertainment, local food trucks, specialty drinks, and amazing vendors.
- You can enjoy more than a dozen drag performances, DJs and live shows.
- Stay in the centre of Charleston’s popular Historic District and gay friendly French Quarter.
- The Refinery is a community centre, situated between North Charleston and Downtown Charleston, a 10-minute drive from the gay-friendly bars along King Street.
- Featuring an outdoor music amphitheatre, it is the perfect venue to host one of Charleston Pride’s biggest events with over 45,000 sqft of space.
PRISM After Party
Charleston is an open and accepting city with a growing number of gay and gay friendly bars, restaurants, and lounges. The colonial seaside city has long been a popular weekend getaway for gay visitors looking for a romantic and upmarket escape dripping in Southern charm.
The majority of bars and places to go out are concentrated around the south end of King Street. You can start here and easily barhop on foot. If you do get tired, hop on the delightful Charleston on the DASH Trolley. it is free and the three lines can take you where you need to go.
- Dudley’s is an energetic LGBT-friendly hangout with drag performances, karaoke, billiards & dancing and is in the USA top 50 list of gay bars to visit! On weekends, everyone flocks to Dudley’s for dancing and their creative original cocktails.
- Grab a martini or sip on a glass of wine at the elegant Grill 224 inside the Market Pavilion Hotel, one of the most popular gay friendly hotels in the city.
- For something completely different head to the King Street Public House, a sports bar with great beer and sponsor of the Pride Festival. You will always find a warm welcome and great list of beers on tap.
Where to stay?
Charleston is one of the top places to visit in the USA, especially in the Fall/Autumn season, so book well in advance if you are planning to visit during these months
The following hotels are close to the city’s top attractions and a short ride to the gay bars and pride celebrations:
Recommended Hotels in Charleston By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Charleston that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
5 Star – Central Location
- 5-Star, Elegant Rooms, Air Conditioning, Flat-Screen TV
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Fridge, coffee machine, shower
- Luxurious rooms with modern amenities, ideal for a comfortable stay in central Charleston.
5 Star, Luxury
- 5-Star, Vermont Marble Accents, Minibar
- Close to the gay district
- Fitness centre, library available
- Elegant rooms with marble accents & minibar, complete with fitness & library facilities.
86 Cannon Historic Inn
4 Star – Great Amenities
- 4-Star, Historic Building, Adults Only, Free Bikes
- Close to the gay district
- Bar, garden, concierge service
- Adults-only accommodation with free bikes & bar, perfect for a tranquil Charleston experience.
French Quarter Inn
4 Star – Perfect Location
- 4-Star, Champagne at Check-In, Vintage-Inspired
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars
- Free WiFi, 40-inch TV
- Historic inn offering champagne welcome, vintage charm, & modern comforts in the French Quarter.