From: Saturday, January 27, 2024
To: Saturday, February 24, 2024
Carnival Las Palmas de Gran Canaria 2024
On the island of Gran Canaria, Las Palmas Carnival is one of the oldest and most traditional festivals on the Canary Islands, filling the city streets with an explosion of colour, joy, music, and dance.
- The return of the Carnival this Summer for a one-off celebration will fill Las Palmas. Book your hotel early. Stay close to all the Carnival activities in the centre of town at the Occidental Las Palmas, a 4 star hotel with spacious modern rooms offering stunning views of the city.
- Events include the Carnival Drag Queen Gala, costume parades, music troupes, and floats, parading through Las Palmas at all hours, day and night.
- Carnival in Las Palmas has been celebrated since 1574. The event attracts visitors from Spain and beyond for a week of memorable events.
- Awaiting theme and line up for the 2024 edition
- Upgrade your Las Palmas stay at the Royal Hideaway a 5-star grand deluxe hotel, a luxurious hotel with stunning views, fantastic service and world-class amenities.
Where is the Carnival celebrated?
- Las Palmas Carnival is celebrated across the city, with street parties and events in various locations. Official events and galas are hosted in Santa Catalina Park. Between the Cruise Ship Pier and Las Caneras Beach, the park is the nerve centre of Las Palmas Carnival. Events are held in a large outdoor setting. Las Palmas Carnival attracts more than 500,000 people.
- Stay close to the park at The Lumm Hotel with large rooms, modern decor and just a short walk to the stage shows.
- The Carnival stage features a spectacular 400 sq metre LED screen with giant scenes in keeping with the annual theme. Each year the stage set and scenery wow visitors with shows and performances broadcast live on Spanish TV. The Drag Queen gala is one of the most anticipated events, and people queue for hours to get a seat to watch the show.
Las Palmas Carnival Schedule 2024
Awaiting the confirmation of dates for the forthcoming carnival. Key events include:
- Carnival Proclamation and Official Opening.
- The Body Makeup contest.
- The Carnival Queen Gala.
- The Drag Queen Gala
Gay Las Palmas
- Stay close to the old town at Veintiuno, a boutique adults-only hotel with a fantastic terrace, great breakfast and friendly staff.
- Less famous than its flamboyant gay sister, Maspalomas, the gay scene in Las Palmas is a little more low key with several gay and gay-friendly terrace bars popular with a variety of gay guys, locals and visitors.
- Head to Las Terrazas de Mariana de Pineda, an avenue of bars with outdoor terraces filled with gay locals and visitors. Other districts worth visiting include the commercial street Triana and the historic district of Vegueta.
Popular Gay Bars
- Abuela Bar Las Palmas – Small gay bar near the beach with a popular terrace.
- Motown Bar – Funky gay cafe with a full bar and disco music.
- Black Door – Gay Cruising Bar men only
Recommended Hotels in Las Palmas
The following hotels are close to the Carnival celebrations and a short ride to the bars and clubs:
Gay Map of Las Palmas
Less famous than its flamboyant gay sister, Maspalomas, the gay scene in Las Palmas is a little more low key with several gay and gay-fiendly terrace bars popular with a variety of gay guys, locals and visitors.
Recommended Hotels in Las Palmas By Bookings
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Las Palmas that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
BULL Reina Isabel
4 Star, Luxury
Located on the beachfront of Las Canteras Beach in Las Palmas, Reina Isabel has a rooftop pool, a free spa and gym, and a sun terrace overlooking the Atlantic. Free parking and Wi-Fi. All air-conditioned rooms at Hotel Reina Isabel feature parquet floors and a balcony. They are equipped with flat-screen satellite TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer.
AC Hotel by Marriott
4 Star, Readers Choice
Located 300 m from Las Canteras Beach, AC Hotel Gran Canaria offers a gym and an outdoor pool. Rooms have a balcony with city views. Free WiFi is available throughout the hotel. The air-conditioned rooms have wooden flooring and functional modern design. They all include satellite TV and a pillow menu. A coffee machine is also available.
Design Plus Bex Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
Located in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Design Plus Bex Hotel features a restaurant and a rooftop bar. The property is situated a short distance from Parque de Santa Catalina. All rooms in the hotel are fitted with a flat-screen TV and a shower. Guest rooms at Design Plus Bex Hotel include air conditioning and a wardrobe. Free WiFi is available throughout the property.
3 Star, Location
All modernly decorated rooms in the hotel are equipped with a TV and a ceiling fan. The private bathroom is fitted with a shower. Free WiFi is available throughout the property. Featuring a Balinese Bed, guests can enjoy a drink on the terrace at Maresía Canteras Urban Hotel. Speaking English and Spanish at the reception, staff are always on hand to help.