From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Carnaval Puerto Vallarta 2025
Puerto Vallarta Carnival takes place every year in the city. Incredible floats, colorful costumes, towering stilt walkers, street performers and dancers are all part of the festivities in Puerto Vallarta, and of course get your hands ready to catch some beads.
- Stay in the Romantic zone, the heart of gay life in Puerto Vallarta, home to the best bars, beach clubs and restaurants.
- Awaiting date and theme for the 2025 edition – In 2024, the Carnival of Puerto Vallarta was reborn with a fresh new look and program including a new parade with seven different stages along the route.
The Carnival Parade
- Awaiting date – Typically the Saturday of the event. 2025 route to be confirmed.
- Offering fun and excitement for all ages, the parade will start at 6:00 pm in front of the Sheraton in the Hotel Zone, head south along the Malecón and end just south of the world-famous Los Muertos Pier.
- The Puerto Vallarta Carnival Parade makes its way through the streets of Downtown Puerto Vallarta, the Malecon and will end at the Romantic Zone. (note it should arrive at the Romantic zone between 7.30 pm and 8 pm).
- Puerto Vallarta’s Annual Mardi Gras parade brings together gay, straight, light, dark, male, female, old and young to celebrate the diversity of the city.
- 30,000 cheering residents and tourists from all walks of life line the world-famous cobblestone streets to be wowed by dozens of floats and hundreds of parade participants.
- Many of the gay bars and clubs host special parties and theme nights during Carnival.
The After Parties
- The event features live music by guest performers, DJs and drag queens.
- Stages will be located along the route and in Downtown Puerto Vallarta and the Romantic Zone.
- The gay stage is on Ignacio L. Vallarta Street between Fco. I. Madero and Lázaro Cárdenas Streets, Colonia Emiliano Zapata.
- Stage shows begin at 4.30 pm.
- The 7 Stages are at Tienda Ley, 31 De Octobre – Malecon, Faro Malecon, Estacionamiento Benito Jaurez, Molina de Agua, Paco’s Ranch and Plas Altas Muelle.
The Carnival King, Queen and Gay Queen.
- Typically on the Thursday of the weekend – The Puerto Vallarta Carnival Queen will be crowned at 6:00pm along with some surprise guests.
- The pageant will be held at the Los Arcos del Malecon Amphitheater.
- Typically on the Friday of the weekend – The LGBTTTIQ+ Queen and the LGBTTTIQ+ XL Queen will be crowned.
- The official presentation of the Ugly King will take place at the Lázaro Cárdenas Park in the Romantic Zone.
Where to stay during Puerto Vallarta Carnival
The gay-borhood ‘Zona Rosa’ or the Romanci zone is just a stone’s throw away from the entertainment of downtown Puerto Vallarta.
- Grand Miramar – Luxury suites and superb facilities. Less than 1km from the centre.
- Olas Altas Suites – Perfect location, great suites and friendly service. 600 metres from the centre.
- Casa Isabel – 4 Star boutique hotel, large rooms and beach views. 700 metres from the centre.
With over 20 LGBT nightlife venues to enjoy, ranging from local watering holes to bumping super-clubs, the party never stops in PV, even as the rest of the world bids farewell to the summer parties.
Recommended hotels in Puerto Vallarta
The following hotels are close to Puerto Vallarta’s gay bars and beaches and are popular with our readers:
Gay Map of Puerto Vallarta
As you can see from the map the gay bars are all within walking distance of each other, so we have chosen Hotels close to the gay bars that have high reviews on booking.com our hotel partner .
Recommended Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Puerto Vallarta that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Almar Resort LGBT
4 Star, Luxury
- 4-star luxury, beachfront location
- Close to the gay district
- Air-conditioned, flat-screen TV
- Only gay luxury hotel on the beach in Puerto Vallarta, steps from gay bars and clubs.
Joint Boutique Hotel
- 4 Star, near Camarones Beach
- Close to the gay district
- Desk, flat-screen TV
- Modern boutique hotel with a range of amenities, ideal for both relaxation and local attractions.
4 Star, Great Value
- 4-star, adults-only, sea view
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Flat-screen TV, air conditioning
- Perfect for adults seeking a peaceful yet close-to-nightlife experience with stunning sea views.
Shores Beach Hotel
4 Star, Location
- 4-star, on Los Muertos Beach
- Close to the gay district
- Kitchen, cable TV, balcony
- Offers spacious suites with a kitchen and beachfront views, ideal for beach lovers and partygoers.
Video Of Carnaval Puerto Vallarta
Video highlights of Carnaval Puerto Vallarta
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta offers several gay-friendly neighbourhoods. The most prominent gay area in Puerto Vallarta is the Romantic Zone (also known as Old Town), the heart of the LGBTQ+ scene.
Zona Romantica | The Romantic Zone
- The Romantic Zone is located south of the Cuale River, adjacent to the downtown area of Puerto Vallarta.
- It is home to the majority of gay bars and clubs, as well as several gay-friendly eateries.
- Los Muertos Beach is the main beach in the Romantic Zone, with many beachfront restaurants.
- Take the gay bar tour of Puerto Vallarta
South of the Romantic Zone & home to the famous gay Almar hotel & condos with stunning views of the bay.
An upscale neighbourhood around a marina, offering luxury resorts, restaurants, and shopping options.