From: Thursday, February 15, 2024
To: Sunday, February 18, 2024
Bright Brussels 2024
Bright Brussels is a unique festival in the Belgian Capital featuring 16 artistic works and light installations leading through the Royal district and European quarter to the Parc du Cinquantenaire.
- Visiting Brussels? Stay at The NH Brussels Grand Sablon, rated “Fabulous” by guests, featuring stylish rooms, delicious breakfast options and perfect location.
- Enjoy the Bright Brussels festival daily from 19:00 – 23:00 over four evenings and two routes and discover fun and immersive artistic works.
- There is also a fringe programme of various colourful events alongside the festival.
- Awaiting for the overall theme for the 2024 edition.
- Stay close to the gay district in Quartier Saint-Jacques. The Pillows City Hotel Brussels centre is rated “Suburb” by guests with beautifully designed rooms and is located in the centre of Brussels.
- Brussels’ brightest event will illuminate three neighbourhoods: the Royal Quarter, the European Quarter and from the Lehon Quarter to Avenue Louis Bertrand in Schaerbeek.
- The routes will be subtly punctuated by some twenty immersive and poetic works of art.
- Awaiting highlights of the 2024 edition.
The Night Market
- The Sibelga Bright Market covers 300m² and takes place in rue du Bois Sauvage/Wildewoudstraat, near the Cathedral of Saint Michael and Saint Gudula. You can visit it from 19:00 to 23:00.
- Browse a stunning range of second-hand lighting and refurbished vintage lamps.
The Fringe Programme
- Bright Brussels also has a fringe programme. Brussels’ Festival of Lights will be punctuated by numerous events open to all.
- Visitors who are keen on culture will be able to choose from various museums participating in the event.
- Food lovers can stop at several great spots along the way to pick up a bite to eat.
- Shopping enthusiasts can take advantage of late evening openings in several shops.
- Other highlights include Gospel Choir signing by candle light.
- Most of Brussels’ gay bars, clubs, saunas and shops are located in the city centre, specifically around the Saint Jacuqes district. Its scene is true to the city’s image: discreet, varied, warm and friendly.
- For more visit our insider guide to gay Brussels.
Recommended Hotels in Brussels
Here are the Hotels we recommend with good reviews that keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Brussels
Most of the gay bars in Brussels are located in the city centre around the streets Rue du Marché au Charbon. We have found good hotels close to the gay area keeping you in the middle of all the fun.
Recommended Hotels in Brussels By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Brussels that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Rocco Forte Hotel
5 Star, Luxury
The 5-star Hotel Amigo boasts elegant rooms with designer features, on the corner of Grand Place. It combines modern facilities, a gym and an award-winning restaurant with a picturesque historic setting. Flat-screen TV, a work desk and a minibar Each air-conditioned room has a seating area and a luxurious bathroom with mosaic details.
5 Star, Readers Choice
This luxurious hotel in the heart of Brussels is a 2-minute walk from the Grand-Place and Brussels Central Station. It features free access to the fitness centre and sauna. A brand newly installed air conditioning system, Rooms with a flat-screen TV, free internet and a marble bathroom. Guests can enjoy an American buffet breakfast every morning
Brussels Marriott Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
Set within a 5-minute walk from Grand Place and Manneken Pis, and a 10-minute walk from Brussels Central Train Station, Brussels Marriott Hotel offers air-conditioned rooms and a fitness centre. There is an open-kitchen restaurant and private parking facilities are available. Rooms are equipped with satellite TV, coffee and tea making facilities
4 Star, Location
The Dominican is a 4-star hotel located in the centre of Brussels, just a 5-minute walk from the Maison Grand Place. It offers spacious accommodation with free WiFi. Guests can benefit from a number of wellness facilities, such as a sauna and a fitness centre, both available free of charge. 100 m from the popular shopping street Rue des Bouchers.
Video Of Bright Brussels
Highlights of the festival
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Brussels
Brussels, the capital of Belgium and a hub for European institutions, has a thriving LGBTQ+ community and is known for being an inclusive and LGBTQ+-friendly city.
Saint-Jacques| Often referred to as the gay village
- This area, often referred to as the “gay village” of Brussels, is located near the Grand Place.
- It’s known for its concentration of LGBTQ+-friendly bars, clubs, and venues.
- Rue du Marché au Charbon/Kolenmarktstraat is a street within this area that is particularly known for its gay bars and nightlife.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Brussels
Rue du Lombard
Home to several LGBTQ+-friendly establishments, including bars, cafes, and clubs. It’s known for its lively.
The heart of Brussels with its stunning architecture, often the hub of events, festivals, and markets.