From: Thursday, Oct 28th, 2021
To: Saturday, Nov 6th, 2021
Bright Brussels 2021
Bright Brussels is a unique festival in the Belgian Capital featuring 16 artistic works and light installations leading through the Royal district and European quarter to the Parc du Cinquantenaire.
Enjoy the Bright Brussels festival daily from 19:00 – 23:00 over ten evenings and two routes and discover fun and immersive artistic works. There is also a fringe programme of various colourful events alongside the festival. The streets of Brussels will be covered in lights at the end of October as the Bright Brussels Festival returns, with a special focus on less-touristic parts of the city for the 2021 edition.
Bright Brussels is a magical festival that is free, illuminating your autumn.
- Around 16 fun and immersive light exhibits along two routes through the Royal and European districts are on display. Let yourself be guided by the lights and discover Brussels in another way. Let yourself be guided by the lights and discover Brussels in another way. DJs will be on hand to add to the atmosphere.
- A special light installation is planned for the pedestrianised area in front of the European Parliament area.
- Belgium’s Royal Palace is set to become the stage for a large-scale mapping operation by Belgian artists.
The Fringe Programme
- Bright Brussels also has a fringe programme. Brussels’ Festival of Lights will be punctuated by numerous events open to all. Visitors who are keen on culture will be able to choose from various museums participating in the event. Food lovers will be able to stop at several great spots along the way to pick up a bite to eat. Shopping enthusiasts can take advantage of late evening openings in several shops.
- Most of Brussels’ gay bars, clubs, saunas and shops are located in the city centre, specifically around the Saint Jacuqes district. Its scene is true to the city’s image: discreet, varied, warm and friendly.
- For more visit our insider guide to gay Brussels.
Here are the Hotels we recommend with good reviews that keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Brussels
Most of the gay bars in Brussels are located in the city centre around the streets Rue du Marché au Charbon. We have found good hotels close to the gay area keeping you in the middle of all the fun.
Recommended Apartments in Brussels
The apartment features 1 bedroom, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, and 1 bathroom with a shower. A patio and free WiFi. The apartment can sleep up to 7 Guests
Each spacious & stylishly decorated apartment offers a fully equipped kitchen, a flat-screen TV, a living room with a sofa bed, a private bathroom & washing machine. You cannot be better located! Free WiFi. Sleeps 6 Guests
Each apartment has a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, a seating area with a sofa, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with shower. An oven and toaster are also available, as well as a coffee machine. sleeps 8 Guests
Mont des Arts
The apartments is conveniently located in the heart of Brussels, and all major tourist attractions, offering a living room with a flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with a dining area, and a private bathroom. Free WiFi. Sleeps 6 Guests
Video Of Bright Brussels
Highlights of the festival
Recommended Hotels in Brussels
Most of Brussels’ gay life centres around the Rue du Marché au Charbon (or Kolenmarkt – Brussels and its street names are bilingual: French and Flemish). We have chosen hotels within easy walking distance of the gay scene.
Forte Hotel Amigo
5 Star Luxury Option
Elegant rooms with designer features, on the corner of Grand Place with an award-winning restaurant in a picturesque historic setting.
Brussels – Grand Place
5 Star Readers Choice
2-minute walk from the Grand-Place and Brussels Central Station. It features free access to the fitness centre and sauna and close to the bars.
Hotel Grand Place
4 Star Perfect Location
The Brussels Marriott Hotel is only 50 m from Bourse Metro Station. Rue Neuve shopping street can be found 850 m from the hotel.
Hotel Agora Brussels
3 Star Beautiful interior
Opening in April 2016, Hotel Agora Brussels Grand Placer is housed in a historical Brussels building dating from 1696