From: Thursday, Nov 4th, 2021
To: Wednesday, Dec 22nd, 2021
A city pride with a village feel. Great Shows and More!
The Birmingham Frankfurt Christmas Market is the largest authentic German Market outside of Germany and Austria and brings a fabulous festive atmosphere to the city.
For six weeks in the lead up to Christmas, Birmingham’s Christmas Markets transform the city into a winter wonderland. Visitors can browse a range of authentic crafts, jewellery and authentic German artisanal gifts. Locally made arts and crafts are also on sale, created especially for the markets by Birmingham artists.
The Market is also home to great food and drinks options with traditional German pub-style stands offering delicious hot Glühwein to get you in the Christmas spirit. Enjoy “Carols in the City”, a live daily performance, as well as festive bands on the Christmas market stage.
Don’t miss the chance to meet the moose! Birmingham’s singing Christmas moose (Chris Moose) has become a Christmas attraction in his own right. Located directly in front of the Council House entrance, the singing moose guarantees a Christmassy atmosphere and a lot of fun for young and old.
- The markets begin right outside at Rotunda (part of the Bullring), continue to the top of New Street, following into Victoria Square outside the Town Hall and Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery. The Market is over a kilometre long.
- Discover the best hotels closest to the Birmingham Christmas Market. Treat yourself to a unique Christmas experience at The Grand Hotel, just a 10-minute walk from the markets. The hotel transforms into a beautifully decorated Christmas masterpiece during the holiday season and offers a luxurious escape after a day of gift hunting and mulled wine.
The Cathedral Square Festival
- Christmas in Cathedral Square runs from 17th Nov to 19th Dec and offers a mixture of craft, gift and food and drink stalls. The Market features small independent artists selling unique handmade gifts and adds a more local festive flavour to Birmingham.
- Birmingham’s LGBTQI+ scene focuses on Hurst Street, just minutes from the Hippodrome theatre, the Bullring and the Chinese Quarter and is close to the Christmas Markets on the city’s south side.
- Mingle with Birmingham’s stylish 30-something crowd at The Loft, a plush bar with velvet couches, chandeliers and exposed brickwork. Missing is a lively gay party bar with events and DJs. A former car showroom, Sidewalk retains its vast plate-glass windows and warehouse-style décor and is popular with a predominantly younger mixed crowd.
- If you are visiting a city, book a ticket to see the annual Christmas panto at The Hippodrome. The Greatest Panto runs from Sat 18th Dec 2021 – Sun 30th Jan 2022.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Birmingham
as you can see from the map most of the gay bars are withing walking distance of each other so we have chosen hotels that keep you close to all the fun.
Recommended Apartments in Birmingham
1 & 2 Bedrooms
Each unit features a fully equipped kitchen with a microwave, a seating area with a sofa, a flat-screen TV, a washing machine, and a private bathroom with shower and a hairdryer. A fridge, an oven and stove top are also offered, as well as a kettle.
This apartment comes with 2 bedroom, a kitchen with a dishwasher, Washing machine and a microwave, a flat-screen TV, a seating area and 1 bathroom equipped with a shower. For added convenience, offers free private parking, and free WiFi
Silver Suite-Arcadian offers free WiFi and air conditioning. This apartment is equipped with 3 bedrooms, a kitchen with a dishwasher, Washing machine and a microwave, a flat-screen TV, a seating area and 2 bathrooms equipped with a shower.
The apartment has 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom with a bath and free toiletries. The kitchen comes with an oven and a microwave, as well as kettle. Guests staying at this apartment have access to a terrace WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Video Of Highlights of Birmingham Christmas Markets
A taste of what to expect at the Market.
Recommended Hotels in BIRMINGHAM
The Birmingham Gay Village is an LGBT district or “gaybourhood” next to the Chinese Quarter in Birmingham city centre, centred along Hurst Street,only a short walk from Harvey Nicholls in the Mailbox or the brand-packed Bullring if you’re shopping before the party starts.
In the Gay Village, 4 Star
Just a 2-minute walk from the Bullring Shopping Centre, the contemporary and spacious Staycity Serviced Apartments Arcadian Centre offer free Wi-Fi with a large LCD TV.
Malmaison, 4 Srat
chic Malmaison Birmingham offers elegant rooms with free Wi-Fi, within the upmarket Mailbox development. It has a health spa, a restaurant, and a bar with a wine tasting room
Premier Premier Suites
4 Star, Self Catering
In the heart of Birmingham, these stylish apartments are situated next to the Bullring Shopping Centre. PREMIER SUITES Birmingham have on-site parking and WiFi access.
Holiday Inn, 3 Srar
Modern hotel offers free Wi-Fi and stylish rooms in Birmingham’s bustling centre. New Street Rail Station and the Bull Ring shopping centre are both just 5 minutes’ walk away.