From: Friday, November 3, 2023
To: Sunday, December 24, 2023
A city pride with a village feel. Great Shows and More!
The Birmingham Frankfurt Christmas Market is the largest authentic German Market outside of Germany and Austria and brings a fabulous festive atmosphere to the city.
- Birmingham fills up for the Christmas markets so book your stay early. Discover great apartment options right in the heart of Birmingham’s gay village, close to all the bars and the festive parties and events.
The Christmas Market
- November 3rd -December 24th, 2023 – For seven weeks in the lead up to Christmas, Birmingham’s Christmas Markets transform the city into a winter wonderland. Visitors can browse a range of authentic crafts, jewelry and authentic German artisanal gifts. Locally made arts and crafts are also on sale, created especially for the markets by Birmingham artists.
- 10 am to 9 pm daily, except Remembrance Sunday (12th November) when the market will be open from 1pm to 9pm.
- The Market is also home to great food and drinks options with traditional German pub-style stands offering delicious hot Glühwein to get you in the Christmas spirit. Enjoy “Carols in the City”, a live daily performance, as well as festive bands on the Christmas market stage.
- Don’t miss the chance to meet the moose! Birmingham’s singing Christmas moose (Chris Moose) has become a Christmas attraction in his own right. Located directly in front of the Council House entrance, the singing moose guarantees a Christmassy atmosphere and a lot of fun for young and old.
- Discover the best hotels closest to the Birmingham Christmas Market.
- The markets begin right outside at Rotunda (part of the Bullring), continue to the top of New Street, following into Victoria Square outside the Town Hall and Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery. The Market is over a kilometre long.
- Treat yourself to a unique Christmas experience at The Grand Hotel, just a 10-minute walk from the markets. The hotel transforms into a beautifully decorated Christmas masterpiece during the holiday season and offers a luxurious escape after a day of gift hunting and mulled wine.
The Cathedral Square Festival
- Awaiting dates – Christmas in Cathedral Square offers a mixture of craft, gift and food and drink stalls.
- The Market features small independent artists selling unique handmade gifts and adds a more local festive flavour to Birmingham.
- Stalls rotate each week with different vendors and gifts on offer.
- The opening hours are Monday to Wednesday from 11am to 8pm, Thursday to Saturday from 11am to 9pm and Sunday from 12pm to 8pm.
- Stay close to the market at No 8 Waterloo Street, rated “Fabulous” by guests and offering luxurious apartments with high end amenities, steps from the city’s top attractions.
- Birmingham’s LGBTQI+ scene focuses on Hurst Street, just minutes from the Hippodrome theatre, the Bullring and the Chinese Quarter and is close to the Christmas Markets on the city’s south side.
- Mingle with Birmingham’s stylish 30-something crowd at The Loft, a plush bar with velvet couches, chandeliers and exposed brickwork. Missing is a lively gay party bar with events and DJs. A former car showroom, Sidewalk retains its vast plate-glass windows and warehouse-style décor and is popular with a predominantly younger mixed crowd.
- If you are visiting a city, book a ticket to see the annual Christmas Panto at The Hippodrome. Awaiting show details for 2023.
Stay close to the Birmingham Christmas Markets at the following hotels:
Gay Map of Birmingham
as you can see from the map most of the gay bars are withing walking distance of each other so we have chosen hotels that keep you close to all the fun.
Recommended Hotels in Birmingham By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Birmingham that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
4 Star, Different
The chic Malmaison Birmingham offers elegant rooms with free Wi-Fi, within the upmarket Mailbox development. It has a health spa, a restaurant, and a bar with a wine tasting room. Large, luxury rooms each includes mood lighting and a satellite TV. Private bathrooms all have a power shower, and there is a same-day laundry service.
4 Star, Readers Choice
In Birmingham’s center, this modern 4-star hotel offers a luxury health spa with a 16 m swimming pool and gym with Matrix fitness equipment. Large, elegant rooms each have a flat-screen TV and there is a stylish restaurant and bar. The air-conditioned rooms boast floor-to-ceiling windows with views of the city. WIFI, a satellite TV
Hotel du Vin
4 Star, Great Value
This elegant and modern hotel features rooms with Egyptian linen, plasma-screen TVs and free WiFi. There is an idyllic hidden courtyard and a French bistro. With luxurious hand-sprung mattresses, each spacious room at Hotel du Vin Birmingham includes a deep bath and powerful drench shower in its private bathroom.
4 Star, Location
The 4-star Clayton Hotel Birmingham is just a 5-minute walk from the Bullring Shopping Centre. It serves modern food in its stylish restaurant. Bespoke cocktails are made by expert mixologists in the bar and there is also an on-site 24-hour fitness centre. There is also free Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel.
Video Of Highlights of Birmingham Christmas Markets
A taste of what to expect at the Market.