From: Friday, Jun 18th, 2021
To: Sunday, Jun 20th, 2021
Baltimore Pride Weekend Parade and Block Party Festival 2021
Rainbow flags fly high over the Free State Capital of Maryland, as Baltimore celebrates Gay Pride each June.
Baltimore Pride is one of the oldest prides in the nation and has taken place for over 40 years! Baltimore Pride has one of the largest footprints with the parade stretching 11 blocks! Over 50 different events take place throughout the city attracting more than 35,000 visitors. Baltimore Pride has grown from a small rally of a dozen activists in 1975, to a cavalcade of diversity showcasing the energy, culture and experience of the community.
2021 Update – Although the parade will be virtual, many of the bars and clubs are hosting special parties and events.
Don’t miss the weekend of parties at the Baltimore Eagle with 3 nights of Shows and the District C Takeover on Saturday for a block party to remember. There are also plans for a Pride meet up on June 18 at the 16th on the park.
Book your stay in the gay district, Mount Vernon, close to the major attractions and gay bars.
The events below will return in 2022.
Twilight on the Terrace
- The annual Twilight on the Terrace is a fundraising event to benefit the PRIDE Center of Maryland. It helps support more than 40 community programs. The event is held at Gertrude’s at the Baltimore Museum of Art.
Baltimore Pride Parade
- Returns in 2022 The Parade runs from 1pm to 3pm on the Saturday of the event and begins at North Charles and 33rd Street, passes Wyman Park and at N. Charles & 23rd Street. Bars open from 12.00. There are three locations, so you never miss a beat! Charles & 22nd, Charles & 21st and Charles & 20th.
- Head over to Wyman Park to sit back and watch everyone get ready for the parade, but you may want to find the perfect spot on North Charles Street to watch them go by. The viewing stage is at North Charles Street and 24th Street in the Brown Rice Parking Lot!
- Baltimore gay pride festivities include tailgating celebrations in the Rainbow Lot. You can get tickets for $20 and get a space for your car and your tailgating equipment.
The High Heel Race
- The Baltimore High Heel race is a fun yet ferociously competitive event and takes place half an hour before the main parade! Pack your high heels and get ready to run. Line up at 25th and N. Charles.
The Block Party
- The Block Party runs from 4pm until late and features fun drag acts, guest DJs and live performances. The Pride Block Party in Station North. Pre-Pride show Time: 1:30pm Block Party officially opens: 4:00PM
- On Sunday, the festival continues at Druid Hill Park between Swann Drive and the Sundial Pavilion. The festival runs from noon to 6 pm and features world class performers on the main stage, exhibitors and local food trucks.
- Once the sun sets, the Neon Dreams Glow Party is a full-blown dance event under black-lights, so you can close out the celebrations with this otherworldly event.
Baltimore is Maryland’s largest city and located just 40 miles northeast of Washington. LGBT tourists will find Baltimore to be especially welcoming and open. It’s the hometown of iconic gay filmmaker John Waters and his drag queen muse, Divine, and the Mount Vernon neighborhood is one of the longest-established gay districts in the country. To get to Mount Vernon on public transit, you can take the Baltimore Metro to the State Center stop or the Light rail to the Cultural Center stop.
- Head to The Drinkery for a laid-back pub feel with daily drink specials and weekend drag shows.
- Leon’s of Baltimore is for those who love leather and is one of the city’s longest running gay venues. The Eagle is also another fetish favorite and is open daily until 2am.
- The Hotel Revival Baltimore is right in the heart of the gay village and is the perfect base to explore the bars and clubs.
Other gay bars are spread across the metro area. A ride-share is the easiest way to get around the city’s other districts.
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action,
Gay Map of BALTIMORE
Apartments in Baltimore
1 & 2 Bedrooms
Fitted with a terrace, the units feature a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with free toiletries. There is a seating and a dining area in all units. free WiFi, air conditioning, a seasonal outdoor swimming pool and a fitness centre.
Chase at Lexington
1 & 2 Bedrooms
The air-conditioned units are furnished with parquet floors and feature a private bathroom, a flat-screen TV, free WiFi, desk, a living room, an equipped kitchen, patio and views over the city. There is a seating and a dining area in all units.
2 & 3 Bedrooms
All units here are air-conditioned and feature a flat-screen TV, a living room with a sofa, a well-equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, a microwave, fridge and dining area, and a private bathroom with bath, a hairdryer and free toiletries.
The air-conditioned apartment is composed of 1 separate bedroom, a living room, a fully equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and microwave, and 1 bathroom. The property can provide towels and bed linen for an extra charge.
Video Of Baltimore Pride Weekend
Revelers Describe the Meaning of Baltimore Pride
Recommended Hotels in Baltimore
The Ivy Hotel
5 Star – Central Location
Built in 1889, this 5-star boutique hotel features a luxury spa and fine dining restaurant. Located in the Mount Vernon neighborhood of Baltimore,
Each suite or guestroom in this posh mansion includes a four-poster bed, plush bedding, a gas fireplace and heated limestone floors in the bathrooms. Some suites have a view of Mount Vernon and a balcony.
5 Star, Luxury
Offering a seasonal outdoor pool, set at the waters edge, an open-air courtyard and private pool deck offers a seasonal bar and grill with outdoor dining and lounging,
Rooms include a flat-screen TV. Certain units feature a seating area. Some rooms have views of the pool or garden. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom with free toiletries
4 Star – Great Amenities
This Baltimore hotel is located directly next to the, in the East neighborhood. Free WiFi is available in public areas. The hotel offers concierge services
Guest rooms at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront include cable TV with movie channels & pay-per-view movies. A work desk is also included. There is a fitness centre with cardio equipment
4 Star – Perfect Location
This hotel is located in Baltimore and is within a 5-minute walk of Mt Vernon Place Historic District. This hotel offers free Wi-Fi and a coffee maker in every room.
Rooms at HotelDowntown include ironing facilities and a safety deposit box. The rooms also have cable TV. Hotel Indigo Baltimore Downtown was built in 1907