From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Atlanta BeltLine Lantern Parade 2024
The Atlanta BeltLine Lantern Parade is Atlanta’s own night of lights and has been running for over 10 years.
- Visiting for this event? Stay in the popular Midtown gay district, and take a 10 minute rideshare to the beltline. Try the “Fabulous” 4 star, Loews Hotel Atlanta featuring a modern design, superb city views and excellent location.
- Atlanta’s Westside BeltLine lights up as paraders meander down the former railroad corridor with homemade lanterns in hand.
- This year’s parade will be on the Westside Trail. Lineup for the parade begins at 8 p.m in Adair Park I at Catherine Street.
- The parade steps off at 8.45 p.m., and will travel through historical Adair Park then on the trail to Lee + White!
- Lee + White has emerged as one of Atlanta’s most exciting mixed-use destinations. The redevelopment of the West End community’s former “Warehouse Row” showcases a mix of cutting-edge breweries, restaurants, retailers and food manufacturers.
- Stay close to Atlanta’s top attractions and a short ten-minute ride to the Lantern Parade at the AC Hotel Downtown, offering guests a superb outdoor pool, spacious rooms and a modern design.
History of the event
- Humbly boasting 1,200 participants and spectators during the first parade, the event has since grown to accommodate over 70,000 participants. The rules of the lantern parade are simple: anyone with a lantern (or some other glowing object) can participate.
- Each year the costumes are more spectacular and insane, featuring everything from an octopus to a carrot, a giant Lego man, a Pokéball, a hulking green alien, an intricately textured dragon and a miniature, spinning Ferris wheel.
- The 3-mile multi-use Westside Trail stitches together some of Atlanta’s oldest and most historic neighborhoods.
- The trail runs from Washington Park at Lena Street south to University Avenue. The MARTA rail station to the parade route is the West End stop on the North-South (Red/Gold) line.
Where to stay in Atlanta?
The following hotels are currently trending in Atlanta. All are close to the city’s top attractions and busy gay scene:
Map of Gay Atlanta
The Atlanta gay population lives, works and plays all over the city and even into the suburbs. Midtown has several of the city’s most popular gay bars like Blake’s, Burkhart’s Pub, Bulldogs and Swinging Richards. The Atlanta LBGT populace is also partially responsible for the resurgence of Grant Park in the 1980s. The historic neighborhood was falling into ruins when members of the community started scooping up properties, renovating and restoring them to their original glory. This fever pitch trickled over into the neighborhoods of East Atlanta, Ormewood Park and the Old Fourth Ward. These are all eclectic, funky and tolerant neighborhoods, like most of Atlanta.
Recommended Hotels in Atlanta By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partners Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Atlanta that keep you close to all the Action, shops, restaurants & bars
5 Star, Readers Choice
The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta’s elegant and spacious rooms feature feather beds, iPod docking stations and WiFi. They also have minibars and 24-hour in-room dining. Connecting rooms are available by request and offers a fitness centre and restaurant.
4 Star, Charming B&B
This historic bed and breakfast features a daily gourmet breakfast, A flat-screen cable TV and an iPod docking station are available in each room at Stonehurst Place Bed & Breakfast Bed and Breakfast. A DVD player is also included. Towels and linen are provided.
4 Star, Great Value
This Atlanta boutique hotel features a state-of-the-art fitness centre and spacious rooms with a 37-inch flat-screen TV. A seasonal rooftop bar, The Garden at Community Smith, offers evening cocktails, craft beer, light fare, and a city view. Community Smith, the on-site restaurant,
The Glenn Hotel
3 Star, Great Location
Features include an on-site restaurant and spacious rooms with an iPod docking station. The Glenn Hotel is host to the Rooftop Sky Lounge, providing spectacular views of the city skyline and a variety of cocktails. Modern American cuisine is served daily at Glenn’s Kitchen.
Video of Atlanta BeltLine Lantern Parade
Highlights Atlanta BeltLine Lantern Parade