From: Wednesday, January 31, 2024
To: Tuesday, February 6, 2024
The hottest circuit party of the Winter Season!
Every year, at the end of Winter, Mexico hosts the biggest gay circuit event in the country on the Yucatan Peninsula. Arena Festival is 6 days of all-out fun, music and much more with 15 special parties!
- Visiting Cozumel? Stay at The Westin Cozumel, offering guests all the amenities of a world class resort with a beachfront location just 5 kilometres from Cozumel town, featuring spacious oceanfront rooms, a modern gym and superb service.
Arena Cozumel Island in 2024
- Arena has found a new and welcoming home on the Island of Cozumel.The council and mayor of Cozumel have given their full support to the Arena Festival and are an official sponsor of the event.
- Attracting thousands of attendees from across the globe, Arena Festival promises an unforgettable week, with amazing house music and parties, renowned djs and lots of surprises.
The Host Hotel
- Check out the Host Hotel, the Casa Mexicana. Across the street from the seafront, we recommend you opt for the seafront hotel rooms with balconies, which have been upgraded.
- Arena features six amazing parties, held during the day and night.
- The parties feature international world-class DJs and brings some of Europe and Latin America’s biggest parties to Mexico, including WE Party, Urge and Matinee.
- Line up includes : Alain Jackinsky, Alesander, Alex Acosta, Alex Lo, Edgar Velazques, Erick Ibiza, Isak Salazar, Leo Blanco, Marvin Ayy, Marti Frieson, Phil Romano, Orel Sabag, Oscarl Velazquez and Sergio Ramirez.
- Awaiting line up and schedule for the 2024 edition.
- Monina Beach Club – Beachclub and restaurant located right on the beach with epic views.
- Eco Park Cuzam – Epic outdoor activity park offering zip-line courses, paintball, horseback riding & ATVs.
- Playa Corona – Playa Corona Beach Club, with plenty of thatched-roof palapas, swaying hammocks, and small restaurants serving fresh seafood and cold drinks. It offers good snorkeling from the shore, and all those hammocks make this a tempting spot to while away the day.
- Playa Punta Morena – Delicious food and first class service, the perfect combo to spend a spectacular day with sand, sea and delicious food. Located on the other side of the island featuring very white sand, an enjoyable cove, restaurant and entertainment on the beach.
- Cozumel is a small Caribbean Island located off the Eastern side of the Yucatan Peninsula, off the shores of Playa Del Carmen, a popular cruise destination and now home to the Arena Festival.
- A well known and gay-friendly island, Cozumel hosts an annual Pride celebration, a colourful Carnival and has offers visitors tropical weather and breathtaking beaches with dramatic coastlines.
- Cozumel’s gay scene is totally integrated into the island and all of the beaches, bars and hotels are gay-friendly. There are no distinct gay bars or clubs, however given the size and scope of the Arena Festival, that won’t be an issue as the event attracts thousands of visitors. Organisers plan to take over some of the island’s top hotels, beaches and clubs. Awaiting schedule for 2023.
- The Arena Festival takes place in February which is right before peak Summer Season (March through to June).
Diving in Cozumel
- The island is small and easily navigable in just one day and is a famous diving spot , the birthplace of the second largest coral reef in the world, the great Mesoamerican Barrier Reef.
- Cozumel has beautiful, bright coral, a diverse range of stunning marine life and crystal-clear waters.
Exploring the Island
- One of the best ways to explore the island is to rent a private open-top Jeep and discover the jungle and the beaches of Cozumel. You can drive around the island in under two hours.
Getting to Cozumel
- Most people arrive at Cozumel via Cancun. The island has its own airport and flight time from Cancun is just under twenty minutes . Fares vary from $100 to $300+.
- Another option is to take the ADO bus from Cancun airport, or town to Playa Del Carmen and then the island ferry. The journey to Playa lasts ninety minutes and costs around $10.
- At Playa Del Carmen catch the ferry to Cozumel. The ferries are very regular and cost between $7-$10 one way depending which one you choose (fast 20 minutes or slow 40 minutes).
Popular Hotels in Cozumel
- Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa – Rated “Fabulous” by guests and features stylish rooms, a luxurious on site spa and superb concierge services.
- Villas El Encanto Cozumel – An aparthotel rated “Superb” by guests offering Villas, suites and apartments, Located 600 m from Cozumel town centre.
- Dreams Cozumel Cape Resort & Spa – One of the newest hotels on the Island, rated “Exceptional” by guests featuring a spacious pool, sauna, hot tub and just 800 m from Paradise Beach.
- Cozumel – Av 25 Apartments – Rated “Fabulous” by guests, these apartments feature superb amenities and are surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens.
- Punta Sur Ecological Beach Park – Beautiful eco-reserve on the southern tip of the island with protected lagoons, a lighthouse offering epic views, a beach zone with loungers and great restaurants and an idyllic coastline that seems to go on forever. Great for snorkeling.
- Passion Island Beaches – An island, off the island, connected by a small bridge. Located on the north coast with a beautiful beach club.
- Playa Punta Morena – On the remote east coast, away from the crowds with perfect white sands and turquoise waters.
- Playa Chen Rio – Exceptional beach and lagoon with picturesque views and stunning natural beauty. A must-visit!
- The Cabana Beach – Exclusive private luxury cabanas on a hidden beach, sitting atop the famous Chankanaab reef. Reservations recommended.
- Paradise Beach Cozumel – Featuring the largest heated pool on the island, nestled in a forest of coconut palm trees, Paradise offers a high-end resort experience with beautiful restaurant and all-inclusive options.
- Buccanos Beach Club – Close to the main town, Buccanos features a small beach area with some of the clearest waters on the island. Complete with beach loungers, pool and dramatic architecture.
- Mr. Sanchos Beach Club – One of the most famous clubs on the island and also the busiest. With two pools, a sandy coastline, multiple restaurants and located south of town.
Recommended Hotels that keep you close to all the fun
Gay Map of Cozumel
San Miguel is the capital city of the island is the best part of Cozumel. It’s located right in the center, close to all the attractions and the best hotels.
The eastern coast of Cozumel is, arguably, the most beautiful on the entire island. The cruise port is on the western coast, facing the mainland, so the majority of tourist traffic tends to stay on the western and southern shores. But the eastern coast is much more rugged, raw, untouched, and local.
Recommended Hotels in Cozumel
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Cozumel that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Luxury 5 Sar
- Private Beach
- 2 Tennis Courts
- Buffet Breakfast
- 2 Outdoor Pools
- Fitness Centre + Spa
5 Star, Luxury
- Sun Terrace
- Water Sports
- Private Beach
- 3 Swimming Pools
- 24-Hour Front Desk
4 Star, All Inclusive
- Five Bars
- Spa Services
- Three Restaurants
- 2 Swimming Pools
Casa del Mar
4 Star, Readers Choice
- Tour Desk
- Dive Resort
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Beach
- Luggage Storage
Video Of Arena Festival
Highlights of previous parties.