Gay Ibiza Guide
Gay Ibiza’s reputation as a beach party island is almost mythical! The island has stunning sandy beaches and is famous for its legendary nightlife. But the Ibiza also has a tranquil and sophisticated side for those seeking a more relaxed gay holiday.
Ibiza, Europe’s Summer beach playground.
From the historic city walls of the old town and incredible annual events, to the uber cool hotels and delicious cuisine, discover more with our insider Ibiza gay guide.
Ibiza is one of 4 Balearic Islands in the Mediterranean, 50 miles from the coast of Spain. “La Isla Blanca” has been welcoming gay visitors for decades with a vibrant gay scene.
Ibiza’s old town is home to the best gay bars on the Island.
Ibiza Gay Scene
Getting around Gay Ibiza
Ibiza is a small island, however the main towns are spread out from each-other. Hire a car or scooter if you want to explore beyond where you are staying. The towns themselves are easy to walk around. If you don’t want to rent a car, a taxi is your next best option. It costs EUR 30 (approximately) to get from one town to the next.
The gay district of Ibiza
Most of the gay bars in Ibiza are located in Ibiza town. Ibiza’s Old Town is a United Nations World Heritage Site. The town retains its medieval city walls and is home to most of the best sights and attractions on the Island. Ibiza town is also the most convenient place to stay.
Large parts of the island are protected from development, so if you need to get away from the crowds there are always places to enjoy eye-popping vistas in solitude.
A quieter escape in Ibiza
If you are seeking a quieter holiday, consider staying in Santa Eulàlia, a charming resort town popular with locals and discerning visitors. Santa Eulàlia is home to some of the best hotels on the Island and has a busy promenade with great restaurants. Ibiza old town is a 20 minutes’ drive from Santa Eulàlia.
Recommended Ibiza Hotels – Ibiza Old Town
Most of the gay bars and restaurants are located in Ibiza old town. The old town is the most convenient place to stay and makes a good base for exploring the rest of the island.
4 Star – THB Los Molinos is located on the beachfront in Ibiza. It has a sauna, fitness centre and hot tub, and offers air-conditioned rooms with a balcony, satellite TV and minibar. Adults Only.
4 Star – Royal Plaza has an ideal setting just 200 m from Ibiza Town’s harbour. It features a spa and a rooftop swimming pool with views of the city, the cathedral, and the Mediterranean Sea.
4 Star Aparthotel – Set on the beachfront and situated in Ibiza Town, Sud Ibiza Suites features a terrace with seasonal solarium, jacuzzi, views of the sea, and a 24-hour reception.
Santa Eulàlia, just 20 minutes from Ibiza town has a charming promenade with great restaurants, beautiful beaches and resort style hotels. Relax during the day and head to Ibiza town for evenings of cocktails and fun.
5 Star Aguas de Ibiza Grand Luxe Hotel is a luxury design hotel with a free spa and outdoor pool. The rooftop bar-terrace offers views of Santa Eulalia Marina and the island of Formentera.
5 Star – Situated next to the infamous Nikki Beach, ME Ibiza is a sprawling, white-hued haven of chic ultra-modernity. The space consists of 205 rooms, three pool areas and indulgent spa treatments.
Set on an orange grove in the Ibizan countryside, this beautiful rural hotel features a small outdoor swimming pool and small spa. It offers free buffet breakfast.
Gay Map of Ibiza
Ibiza Gay Bars
The majority of the gay bars, restaurants and cafes can be found in the town of Ibiza, between Carrer de la Mare de Déu (Calle de la Virgen in Castillian) in the portside Sa Penya, and in the Dalt Vila area.
Ibiza Town (Eivissa) has a compact Old Town (Dalt Vila) that is perfect for strolling. The town is packed with bars and clubs with outdoor terraces buzzing on sultry summer evenings. Gays and straights mix with ease.
Close by you will find Figueretas Beach, to the west. The beach is home to several hotels and restaurants. Almost all the businesses in the district are gay-friendly.
Gay Bars in the Old Town
- Bar 22 – Nice cocktail bar with terrace.
- Bar Mona Lisa – Gay cocktail bar with large terrace and fun drag shows.
- Cenit Pool Bar – Popular rooftop pool bar at the Hotel Cenit
- Chiringay – at Es Cavallet nude beach near gay area; tapas, pizza, pasta, burgers, bocadillos, steak and fish/seafood, plus cocktails, juices, beer and wine.
- Dado – Popular bar with sexy waiters and a mix of locals and tourists.
- JJ Bar – Great balcony views make this a popular location. All ages.
- Lolas Disco Club – One of the oldest clubs in Ibiza, behind the Old Fish Market
- Mad Bar Ibiza – Very popular gay bar with sexy bar men and a busy men only dark room.
Ibiza Gay Clubs
The area around Sant Rafel (San Rafael), at island center, between Eivissa and Sant Antoni, is home to big clubs with gay parties, Amnesia, Privilege.On a Wednesday, it’s La TROYA @ Heart Ibiza where the gay boys party.
Gay Restaurants in Ibiza
Ibiza Town, Santa Eulàlia and other villages dotted across the island offer a unique culinary experience.
Breakfast & Coffee
- Mar A Vila, a well-known name in Ibiza, famous for serving high-quality tapas and pintxos (or small skewered snacks). For breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee, or even takeaway.
- Bambuddha – gorgeous restaurant resembling an Asian temple offering a fusion menu which blends a mix of Asian including specialties from Thailand, Japan and Vietnam.
Sa Capella – located in a former church, surrounded by history and legend in a tranquil environment. A great variety of classic dishes.
- La Casita – restaurant in a restored farmhouse. A real European affair with food inspired by France, Spain, and chef Johannes’ native Austria.
- La Paloma – Located in the heart of San Lorenzo village, surrounded by gorgeous orange and lemon groves, La Paloma is one of the few restaurants that serve farm to table food and have plenty vegetarian options.
- Cotton Beach Club – Luxurious but beach casual and located cliff-side serving trendy Asian flavors with a Mediterranean twist. Killer sunset views!
- Experimental Beach Club, a lounge and restaurant that suits cocktail connoisseur.
- Amante beach club, set atop the cliffs and overlooking Sol d’en Serra bay with a stunning Mediterranean restaurant offering a fabulous wine and cocktail list.
Cabaret Dinner Shows
- A typical adventure into the Ibiza gay nightlife scene should include the cabaret show at Lio.
Ibiza Gay Beaches
Ibiza has over 80 different beaches spread out across the island. Many offer full-service, beach clubs and fine dining. Others offer a party atmosphere or you can search for a tranquil space to relax, the choices are almost infinite.
The official gay beach in biza is Es Cavallet. Platja d’es Cavallet is a naturalist, clothing-optional beach. It is surrounded by sand dunes. The beach is a 10 minute drive south of Platja d’en Bossa, past the airport.
Es Cavallet beach has a busy gay scene at the far end, with several Chiringuito-style beach restaurants. Chiringay, just behind the gay area, along with El Chiringuito are well known and are located between the dunes and the sea. They offer cocktails, drinks, tapas, burgers, pasta and fish.
Enjoy the drive to and from Es Cavallet. The road takes you through the Sea Salines salt flats and nature reserve, where you can catch a glimpse of Ibiza’s famous flamingos. The Experimental Beach Restaurant is on the other side of the Ses Salines National Park and is highly recommended for lunch.
Other Beaches in Ibiza
- Figueretas Beach, the city beach on the south side of Eivissa, surrounded by hotels, restaurants, bars, and shops, with a palm-fringed promenade which comes alive in the evenings, as visitors leave the beach, and locals arrive to cool off and relax. Figueretas is, popular among gays thanks to nearby Chaos gay bar and the Cenit hotel.
- Platja (or playa) d’en Bossa, a long stretch of beach with bars and beach lounges and shops in Sant Josep de Talaià just south of Eivissa, varying from the super trendy to casual and laid back.
- Las Salinas Beach is located on Ibiza’s southern tip. The beach is full of trendy beach clubs. Further down the bay you will find the nudist beach and further still some small coves for those seeking a total escape.
- Cala Jondal (Platja d’es Jondal) is further down the coast from las Salinas. Home to the rich and the beautiful, here you will find several high end restaurants and beach clubs.
- For ultimate seclusion, however, you might consider the rather more hard-to-reach Aguas Blancas.
Ibiza Gay Pride
Ibiza Gay pride normally takes place over 5 days, normally during mid June.
The pride festivities include drag shows, world famous DJs, musical performances, film previews, theater and street parties. Mot of the events take place in Ibiza Town, in the port area. The town’s gay street “Calle de la Virgen” bustles with locals and international visitors.
Lola’s club is one of the busiest spots during Ibiza Gay Pride and hosts several themed parties.
The main pride parade, know as the Great march for LGTBQI rights is held on the final day of the event from 7pm, followed by an after party in the port.
Other Festivals in Ibiza
Other festivals worth noting include the Ibiza Light Festival in October. Stunning light installations are positioned across the old town, transforming the entire look of Ibiza Town.
Other traditional festivals take place during important public holidays, including Semana Santa (Easter), Nit de Sant Joan (June 23), Dia de Verge de Carmen (July 15-16), and Festa de Sant Jaume (July 25)
Gay Ibiza What to see and do!
The town of Ibiza is about more than just partying and offers a well-rounded cultural experience and riveting architecture, including the fortress area and cobbled streets of Dalt Vila, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Yachts, speedboats, and sailboats are all part of the Ibiza experience; and they’re the best way to visit the many caves and bays on the coastline.
- Walk Along the Ramparts of Dalt Vila – Ibiza Town, is one Ibiza’s most picturesque cities, which is home to an old port and historic city ramparts.
- Island-Hop To Formentera – Home to Caribbean-style beaches, small coves and inlets, and charming villages, definitely worth a day trip.
- The Western Inlets offering miles of sandy shoreline. There are ten inlets in total but top offerings include Cala d’Hort, Cap Llentrisca I Sa Talaia Natural Park Visit Es Vedrà for that Instagram moment – Part of a protected nature reserve, it measures around 400 meters in height. Quite impressive.
- Go shopping at Punta Arabí, the largest hippie market on the island.
- Take the hidden tour of Ibiza – go snorkeling, cliff jumping, discover the best cocktails and enjoy a tapas dinner with great sunset views.
- Relax on a Catamaran – Spend a relaxing day away from the crowds onboard a private catamaran during this full-day, guided cruise to Cala Bassa.
- Cala Compte – quite possibly the best spot on the island to catch the spectacular and colorful sunsets.
- Hire a luxury yacht A unique trip where you can enjoy 6 top water-sports! Reserve in advance, very popular.
Gay Ibiza – When to visit?
Shoulder Season (April through mid-June and mid-September through October): Late spring and early Autumn are ideal times to visit Ibiza to avoid the island’s biggest crowds and hottest temperatures. … Winter in Ibiza is fairly mild, with high temperatures of 20°C.
105 Suites Ibiza
4 guests · 1 bedrooms · 2 beds · 2 baths
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, 105 Suites is set in Ibiza Town, 100 m from Ibiza Port, from where you can take a taxi boat to Marina Botafoch, 800 m away.
The studio apartment features a seating area. Some units include a terrace and/or balcony with sea views. There is also a kitchen, equipped with a toaster. A fridge and coffee machine are also provided. There is a private bathroom with Italian shower in every unit. Bed linen is featured.
Sud Ibiza Suites
5 guests · 2 bedrooms · 3 beds · 2 baths
Set on the beachfront and situated in Ibiza Town, 1.3 km from Ibiza Port, Sud Ibiza Suites features a terrace with seasonal solarium and jacuzzi, views of the sea, and a 24-hour reception. Dalt Vila is 1.7 km from the property. Free WiFi is available throughout the property.
Decorated with luxurious details, each apartment comes with a seating and dining area. All units have a kitchen equipped with a dishwasher and microwave. A toaster and refrigerator are also provided, as well as a coffee machine. There is a private bathroom with bath robes in each unit. Bed linen is featured.
Beyond Ibiza, A trip to Formentera
When you need a break from the party scene in Ibiza, head to Ibiza’s chilled out little brother, Formentera for an off-grid escape. Pristine beaches and turquoise blue waters await!
How to get to Formentera?
Take the ferry boat from the port at Ibiza Old Town which goes to Formentera in around 30 minutes. (Return ticket – approx. 45 euros) Almost very road leads to a stretch of bleached-white sands with pristine waters that glow with deep hues of azure and luminous turquoise that don’t quite seem real.
Where to Stay?
Hotel Es Marès – 4 Star – Located in the old part of Sant Francesc, this family-run hotel features designer accommodation with a free buffet breakfast and free Wi-Fi. It offers free on-site parking and free bicycles.
What to see and do.
- Visit to the Cap de Barbaria Lighthouse for world-class sunsets.
- Illetes Beach, one of Europe’s best beaches is a world away from Ibiza. Relax and enjoy the simpler things here.
- When you have had enough of relaxing, head to Beso Beach, the place to go for strong cocktails, live DJs and day-long liquid lunches.
Ibiza Gay Hotels
The two most famous gay hotels on the Island are located in the town of San Antonio, a 20 minute drive from Ibiza town.
4 Star Set on the beachfront at San Antonio Beach, AxelBeach Ibiza is an adults only hotel featuring 2 outdoor pools, a free spa and a gym with sea views.
3 Star The Purple Hotel – Gay Only boasts an outdoor pool and sun terrace in Sant Antonio. Cafe del Mar and Mambo are 7 minutes away.
Share this Page with Your Friends!