From: Thursday, November 9, 2023
To: Sunday, November 12, 2023
Sundance Stompede 2023
Sundance Stompede is San Francisco’s magical 4-day country-western dance weekend for the LGBT+ community and its friends.
- Stay just 150 metres from the Stampede Ball at the Handlery Union Square Hotel, a 3-star hotel with an outdoor pool, on-site gym and comfortable rooms. Great location.
- Join hundreds of sexiest cowboys as they dance their feet off and revel in each other’s company, with a myriad of activities all weekend long.
- Sundance Stompede Features four nights of amazing dance parties, three days of awesome dance workshops for all levels, and much more!
- Thursday – Events begin with the Kick off Dance. Friday – The party continues with the Welcome Dance, Saturday – Hoedown and Sunday – The Stampede Ball. – Venues to be confirmed
- Sundance Saloon – a country-western dance club in San Francisco, primarily catering to the LGBT+ community and allies, the largest club of its kind in the USA.
- The Golden Gateway Holiday Inn – Located in San Francisco’s quaint Nob Hill neighborhood, this hotel near the Golden Gate Bridge and Union Square, the hotel typically hosts the Welcome Dance.
- The Regency Center – a multi-use events venue located in San Francisco, at the intersection of Van Ness Avenue and Sutter Street. It opened in 1909 as a masonic lodge. The ballroom features blonde hardwood floors, a horseshoe-shaped balcony, a built-in stage, a beaux-art treasure with thirty-five-foot ceilings, and twenty-two turn-of-the-century teardrop chandeliers.
Workshops and Exhibitions
- Enjoy dynamic first-rate instructors from all over the country. Two-step, waltz, swing, line dances and more.
- All levels, from beginning to advanced. Plus premium workshops with a focus on small-group instruction.
- Be dazzled by groups from across the country Friday and Saturday nights before open dancing.
- Network, meet and flirt with your favourite cowboy or new crush at the sideline events and enjoy the social side of the weekend at events including; the VIP Welcome Reception, Sunday Brunch, Women’s (Trans-inclusive) Social, After-hours Parties and the famous Boots Only Ball.
The Sundance Stompede
- The Sundance Stompede began in 2001 as an outgrowth of the annual Hoedown, a gala benefit dance that started in 1997. The event has grown in scope and attendance and now attracts an international following of hundreds of country-western dance aficionados, becoming the largest annual event of its kind in the world
- The Sundance Stompede has become a major contributor to San Francisco charities, raising thousands of dollars annually.
Recommended Hotels in San Francisco
The following hotels are all close to the city’s top attractions & gay bars:
CASTRO: Beck’s Motor Lodge,
Gay Map of San Francisco
We have divided the map into two areas, the Castro, San Francisco’s world famous gay district and SOMA, the are where the Folsom Street Fair takes place each September.
Map of Gay San Francisco (SOMA)
Map of Gay San Francisco (The Castro)
Recommended Hotels in San Francisco
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in San Francisco that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Famed bars, an awe-inspiring crystal chandelier restaurant, a fitness area and a glass dome indoor pool are featured at this landmark Palace. Leather tufted headboards, 11-foot ceilings, pillow-top bedding set the stage for a luxurious night’s sleep. High-end luggage inspired desk, tables and the bathroom vanity. A 48-inch flat-screen satellite TV, marble bath & rain shower
4 Star, Readers Choice
This Central San Francisco hotel offers rooms with a 46-inch flat-screen smart TV. Free WiFi, an iPod docking station, a portable wireless Bluetooth speaker, and double-panned windows for quiet. A seating area, work desk, and an Illy espresso coffee machine, walk-in shower, bathrobes & premium toiletries. A state-of-the-art fitness centre & laundry services
4 Star, Great Value
Offering French-inspired architecture, The Marker San Francisco, provides guests with an ideal city centre. The guest rooms and suites at this upscale hotel boast amenities such as an LCD flat-screen TV with on-demand movies and an iHome alarm clock radio. All guest rooms feature ironing facilities, a hairdryer, a make-up mirror and boutique bath products.
3 Star, Location
This San Francisco hotel is located in Union Square, it offers an outdoor pool and rooms with an MP3 connection. It features a barbershop and a business center. Access to a fitness centre one block from the hotel and an on-site sauna. Each classically-designed room is equipped with a flat-screen cable TV and mini-refrigerator. Free coffee and tea are also provided
Video Of Sundance Stompede
Sundance Stompede Infomercial
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in San Francisco
San Francisco is a vibrant and inclusive city with a long history of LGBTQ+ activism and culture. Here are the most popular neighbourhoods, including gay hot spots and districts close to the city’s most popular attractions. It is worth noting that the best-rated hotels are close to Union Square
SoMa (South of Market) | Gay Hotspot
- Located to the east of the city, SoMa has an edgy and industrial feel, with a mix of gay bars, clubs, and art spaces.
- SoMa is also home to the world-famous Folsom Street Fair, held at the end of September each year.
- The neighbourhood is home to the stunning San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
- Discover the best things to see and do in San Francisco.
One of the world’s most famous gay districts since the 1960s, a focal point for LGBTQ+ culture.