From: Tuesday, February 6, 2024
To: Wednesday, February 14, 2024
Sitges Carnival 2024 It may be in February, but this is the hottest party in Sitges.
Sitges is one of Europe’s leading gay beach resorts during the summer months! The scene grows quieter over the Winter, however The village comes alive in once more, during the Carnival celebrations in late February/Early march each year.
- Sitges fills up for Carnival, especially over the weekend. The ME Hotel is one of the most popular options during Carnival, located with spacious rooms and suites and high-end amenities. The hotel has an “Excellent” rating.
- 300,000 visitors descend upon Sitges in what is Winter’s hottest party on the Mediterranean. Pack your costumes and be prepared for epic parades, over-the-top parties and a unique atmosphere. Start planning those costumes today.
- Upgrade your Carnival experience at the Sabatic Hotel, a Autograph collection hotel, brand new with two pools, stunning rooms and superior se
Sitges Carnival Parades
- Thursday 8th Feb 2024 19.00 – The arrival of the king of Carnival – typically held on the seafront. The Carnival king makes his way through the streets of Sitges towards the town hall, where he assumes control of the village for the duration of the event.
ROUTE: From Fragata/Ribera along Bassa Rodona, Pou Vedre, Espalter, Major and Cap de la Vila
- Catch the parade from your balcony at the Hotel Calipolis.
- Sunday 11th Feb 2024 – 19.30 Rua de la Disbauxa – The first of two main parades through the town, featuring over 50 different floats and hundreds of bejeweled dancers and performers.
ROUTE: Av Sofia Ribera Promenade (sea side), La Fragata, Ribera promenade (mountain side), Bassa Rodona, Plaza del Pou Vedre, Espalter, Sant Francesc and Cap de la Vila.
- Tuesday 13th Feb 2024 – 21.00 Rua de l’Extermini – The second of the big parades. The order of the 50 floats are reversed, giving everyone an opportunity to see your favourite group. It is also a little crazier, if that’s possible, as it is the penultimate day of partying.
- Wednesday 14th Feb 2024 – Burial of the King 19.00 – The funeral procession makes its way from the Town Hall to the beach with the wailing widows, a gaggle of drag queens dressed in black. It is both a sombre and humorous occasion.
ROUTE: Town Hall, Major, Parellades, Bonaire, passage of the Ribera until reaching the top of the Greco monument.
Sitges Carnival Parade Routes 2024
- The 2024 parade routes are yet to be confirmed. The previous route is expected to be maintained:
- Av Sofia Ribera Promenade (sea side), La Fragata, Ribera promenade (mountain side), Bassa Rodona, Plaza del Pou Vedre, Espalter, Sant Francesc and Cap de la Vila.
The Gay Carnival
- The Gay Carnival begins on the weekend before the official carnival festivities with the traditional Mantillas Night at Parrots Pub on the 6th of Feb, followed by a Carnival dinner at L’Angle D’Adrianna.
- Other nights include Pink Night on the Monday the 20th of Feb.
The Widows Night
- Ash Wednesday Feb 14th 2024 – Of all the gay carnival traditions, one has stood firm if in fact now grown, and that is the Night of the Widows. (Noche de las Viduas).
- Tourists, locals, and drag queens dress up in elaborate costumes and make their way behind the funeral cortege of the king. Once he is buried, the widows make their way to various dinners and compete for prizes.
- One of the most popular Widows night events is held at La Nansa. Parrots Group restaurants, Le Patio & L’Angle D’Adrianna also host dinners. Reservations are essential.
Tips on making the most out of Sitges Carnival
- Our advice, arrive on the Thursday when the fun begins and head home on Monday. Over the past 4 Carnival events, even the Tuesday has grown into a more quieter affair and has been eclipsed by the Saturday, which despite no parade, is now the busiest night of the Carnival.
- Just about everyone dresses up in some sort of costume, locals and tourists alike so don’t forget to pack yours, it doesn’t matter what costume you bring – the more outrageous the better. Think skimpy and slutty, you get the idea? Sitges Carnival Thursday to Sunday is 4 days of nonstop party fun.
Where to stay during Sitges Carnival
Sitges is a compact village. All of the gay bars are located along a T Junction of Calle Bonaire, Calle Joan Tarrida and Plz Industria. Most will host special theme nights and parties during Carnival. The square outside parrots and the streets outside El horno are full each night from 8pm until 3am, especially on the Friday and Saturday nights.
- The Calipolis hotel facing the gay beach next to the gay street.
- Parrots Hotel in the middle of the gay bars.
- Kalma Sitges Hotel (Formerly La Nina) – 4 star modern hotel, recently reformed with views of the village and the seafront.
- Hotel Subur – 3 Star hotel with some rooms facing the sea. Good value.
Gay Map of Sitges
Most of Sitges gay bars are located in the centre of the village just seconds from the beach, on C.Bonaire, Joan Tarrida and Plz Industria. Most hotels are within 5 minutes walk of the centre.
Recommended Hotels in Sitges By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Sitges that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Dolce by Wyndham
5 Star, Luxury
- 5 Star hotel with 4 heated pools.
- 7-minute drive to the gay bars.
- Rooms & Suites
- Perfect for a total escape and pampering, but still close to Sitges nightlife.
Hotel MiM Sitges
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4 Star Hotel with rooftop pool.
- 1-minute walk to the gay bars.
- High end amenities in rooms.
- Most popular hotel in the centre of Sitges, with luxurious spa and two pools.
3 Star, Great Value
- 3 Star Hotel with seafront location.
- Steps from the gay bars.
- Highly rated breakfasts.
- Always a popular choice with a beautiful rooftop bar offering beach views and pre-dinner cocktails.
3 Star, Location
- 3 Star Hotel in the centre of Sitges.
- 2-minute walk to the gay bars.
- Crisp, modern decor.
- Great location in the heart of Sitges with a large sun deck and epic outdoor pool.
Video Of Sitges Carnival
Every year thousands of guys and girls descend upon the streets of Sitges for one big party. The main parades are on the Sunday and Tuesday nights.
Recommended Villas in Sitges
Sitges is the perfect destination for a celebration, or for entertaining a large group of friends during key events including Carnival, Bears Week, Pride or one of the other many festivals taking place throughout the year.
- 400 sq/m featuring 6 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Outdoor Pool
- 5 Mins drive from the gay bars, 600m from Balmins Gay Beach.
- 300 sq/m featuring 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Outdoor Pool
- 4 Mins drive from the gay bars, 2.5km to the gay beach.
- 425 sq/m featuring 6 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Two private pools
- 5 Mins drive from the gay bars, 900m from Balmins Gay Beach
Casita Del Mar
- 480 sq/m featuring 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- In the centre of Sitges.
- 1 Min walk to the gay bars and steps from the beaches.