From: Friday, January 12, 2024
To: Sunday, January 14, 2024
RU Paul Drag Con UK 2024
DragCon returns in January to London ExCeL. This is your chance to see your favourite stars, returning and new, in one place.
- Are you visiting for DragCon? Stay at the Novotel London Excel featuring spacious rooms and a modern gym located just 150m from the venue.
- January 12th to 14th – The RuPaul’s DragCon UK event will feature signings and meet & greets, performances, exclusive panels, merchandise stands and immersive activations from RuPaul’s Drag Race and fan-favorite WOW Presents Plus shows.
- RuPaul will also be crossing the pond to join the festivities.
- World of Wonder also announced that RuPaul’s DragCon UK After Hours shows will kick off the weekend’s festivities on Friday 12th January, with a second show scheduled for Saturday 13th January
- Visitors can see their favourite queens from the Drag Race universe, including supermodel of the world RuPaul and iconic UK drag superstars from the TV shows.
- A’Whora (RuPaul’s Drag Race UK S2)
- Aquaria (RuPaul’s Drag Race S10 Winner)
- Black Peppa (RuPaul’s Drag Race UK S4)
- Blu Hydrangea (RuPaul’s Drag Race UK S1, RuPaul’s Drag Race UK vs The World Winner)
- Cheddar Gorgeous (RuPaul’s Drag Race UK S4)
- Cheryl Hole (RuPaul’s Drag Race UK S1, RuPaul’s Drag Race UK vs The World)
- Dakota Schiffer (RuPaul’s Drag Race UK S4)
- Divina De Campo (RuPaul’s Drag Race UK S1)
- Gisèle Lullaby (Canada’s Drag Race S3 Winner)
- Kitty Scott-Claus (RuPaul’s Drag Race UK S3)
- Lawrence Chaney (RuPaul’s Drag Race UK S2 Winner)
- Le Fil (RuPaul’s Drag Race UK S4)
- Mistress Isabelle Brooks (RuPaul’s Drag Race S15)
- Nicky Doll (RuPaul’s Drag Race S12, Drag Race France)
- Pixie Polite (RuPaul’s Drag Race UK S4)
- Ra’Jah O’Hara (RuPaul’s Drag Race S11, RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars S6, Canada’s Drag Race: Canada vs The World Winner)
- Vanity Milan (RuPaul’s Drag Race UK S3, Canada vs The World)
- ExCeL London is an exhibition and international convention centre in the Royal Docks area of Newham, East London.
- If you’re travelling on the Tube, the Prince Regent DLR station is the nearest stop to ExCeL London, a 7-mile journey from Kings Cross.
- A Taxi from central London will cost between £45-£55.
- Check out the top hotels close to ExCeL London.
Recommended Hotels in London
The following hotels have high ratings and are close to the gay bars and clubs of Soho and a short ride to the exhibition centre:
Gay Map of SoHo / London
Stay in the heart of London’s gay SoHo District and you will be close to all the pride festivities and events. Book early with our hotel partner booking.com as this zone is one of the most requested during Pride!
Recommended Hotels in London By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in London that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Hotel Cafe Royal
5 Star, Luxury
A London landmark, the hotel features 159 contemporary guestrooms, including 54 suites and 7 signature suites. Each is designed with careful detail and features complimentary WiFi, Bang & Olufsen entertainment systems, media hubs and luxury bathroom amenities. Features a state-of-the-art-gym, a large lap pool, a sauna, a Hammam/steam room
5 Star, Readers Choice
In London’s vibrant West End, W London – Leicester Square offers luxury bedrooms and a stylish cocktail bar. The hotel boasts a sumptuous spa and beauty centre. Featuring floor-to-ceiling windows, iPod docks, 37-inch flat-screen TVs, and an impressive media library. All have bathrobes and luxury linens, and some have views over Leicester Square.
The Soho Hotells
5 Star, Great Value
Each air-conditioned room at The Soho includes a flat-screen TV, fully stocked minibar and an iPod docking station. An en suite bathroom is also provided. Guests can also make use of a beauty treatment room, which offers full body massage, facials and manicures. a fully equipped gym with an on-site personal trainer.
4 Star, Location
In London’s Theatreland, in the heart of the West End, this 4-star boutique hotel offers beautiful rooms with antique furniture and free Wi-Fi. There is a 24-hour front desk and a library lounge. The unique bedrooms at Hazlitt’s have sumptuous decor and elegant panelled walls. All rooms have a flat-screen TV, minibar and work desk, luxury REN toiletries.
Video The Best of Ru Paul’s Drag Con
Ru takes us through some of her favorite moments of DragCon UK!
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in London
From elegant royal parks to edgy urban districts, London is a city that celebrates diversity in all its forms. Stay in a chic, centrally located hotel in the buzzing heart of the West End, and you’ll find yourself just a stone’s throw from many of London’s top gay-friendly neighbourhoods.
Soho | Gay Centre of London
- Soho, a vibrant buzzing neighbourhood and London’s gay epicentre, brimming with LGBTQ+ friendly bars, clubs, and restaurants.
- The neighbourhood’s bustling streets are where the city’s gay scene truly comes to life. The historic Soho Square is a fantastic place to relax and people-watch.
- Explore Old Compton Street, the main artery of Soho’s gay scene, filled with vibrant venues, including G-A-Y, Village Bar, and Admiral Duncan.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Soho
Known for its shops, restaurants, theatres & close to major attractions, including the British Museum & Trafalgar Square.
Just a quick tube ride from Soho, known for its edgier, more alternative gay scene, including the royal vauxhall tavern