From: Thursday, Nov 25th, 2021
To: Friday, Dec 24th, 2021
Montreal Christmas Market 2021
Christmas Markets, local products, festive circuits, and fabulous settings, discover the unmissable events to visit during the Montreal Christmas season.
With the soft snowflakes landing on your palm and cosy log cabins offering mulled wine and hot cocoa, there is no better place to be than in the heart of Quartier Latin, in downtown Montreal.
Le Grand Marché de Noël
- The Montreal Christmas Village takes over the Atwater Market in late November with European style chalets featuring Holiday treats and trinkets. Enjoy a trip to Santa’s workshop, buy a Christmas tree, sample Sugar Shack fare, and—catch choir performances and live shows throughout the evening.
- Montreal’s Grand Marché de Noël also offers excellent gift shopping and stunning illumination of historic downtown streets. Seventy stalls sell decorations, artisan, and local products in a traditional holiday market setting.
- Book a room at the luxurious Le Mount Stephen for a genuinely fabulous festive escape housed in a historic mansion dating from 1880, beautifully decorated for the Holiday Season and offering the perfect location for exploring the best of Montreal.
- The Christmas Market is a 15-minute taxi ride from Montreal’s famous gay village.
Christmas Spirit at the Gay Village
- The compact Gay Village has an upbeat vibe and a lively club scene that turns festive in late November. The main drag, Rue Sainte-Catherine, is home to the city’s most famous gay bars and eateries. Rue Amherst is known for its boutiques and antique shops. Nearby, the neoclassical Saint-Pierre-Apôtre Church contains the Chapel of Hope, dedicated to those who have died from AIDS.
Merry Montréal in Old Montréal’s Place Jacques-Cartier.
- This atmospheric Market has friendly outdoor fire pits, warm wine, and live music. Visitors can browse dozens of stalls offering candles, crafts, gifts, and accessories. Merry Montreal is host to the biggest New Year’s Eve party in the neighbourhood.
Light at Luminothérapie
- Interact with luminous art exhibitions at the Luminothérapie in the Quartier des Spectacles, a perfect seasonal treat.
Noel dan le Parc
- You can feel the Christmas spirit when you enter the small log villages at Noel dan le Parc located in the heart of downtown Montreal. Discover a welcoming ancestral village with swing seats, seesaws, a sheep pen, wishing trees and even motorized carts.
- The Market features a cheerful canteen where you can enjoy hot beverages, sausages and marshmallows; you can even grill them to your standards around a bonfire! The atmosphere is festive: circus artists, fire eaters, storytellers, clowns, giant puppets and many other activities to entertain young and old throughout December.
Fireworks in Old Montreal
On Saturday nights in December, the sky comes alive with lights accompanied by music from award-winning composers.
With a lot of the streets being closed for pride in the gay area it is important to try and find a hotel close to all the fun.
We have found some of the best places for you to stay that have good ratings and put you where you need to be,
Gay Map of Montreal
Montreal has one of the largest gay villages in the world. Trendy bars, cafes, restaurants and clubs lined from St-Hubert Street to De Lorimier Street on Saint Catherine Street, and between Sherbrooke Street and René Lévesque Boulevard on Amherst Street, a distance of nearly two kilometres,
Recommended Apartments in Montreal
The property offers a seating area with a flat-screen TV with DVD player, a balcony and a terrace. There is a full kitchen and dining area. Free WiFi access is also available. city and garden views close to restaurants and shops.
Centre of Montréal
This apartment includes 3 bedrooms, a living room and a flat-screen TV, an equipped kitchen with a dining area, and 1 bathroom with a shower and a washing machine. Air conditioning and free WiFi
In the City
The apartment has 5 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 1 bathroom with a shower. private parking available on site and free WiFi.
Offering free WiFi and free private parking, La Conciergerie- 2 Stories with Private Rooftop is located in a quiet neighborhood a block from Old Montreal and close to eclectic Gay Village. close to the gay bars
Video of Montreal Christmas Markets
Recommended Hotels in Montreal
The downtown hotels in Montreal are close to the gay village. Hotels in the gay village are of the B&B variety and tend to book out fast! Hotels in the centre are close to the metro, local attractions and great for shopping.
Sofitel Golden Mile
5 Star, Location
Large rooms with great amenities and perfect location.
Hôtel Le Cantlie
4 Star, Great Gym
Close to gay district, large rooms, modern finish.
4 Star, Location
Rooms are stylish and large, hotel is great for shopping
Hotel Zero 1
3 Star, Stylish Design
Stunning hotel with great roof deck and soundproofed rooms.