From: Saturday, January 27, 2024
To: Monday, February 5, 2024
Minneapolis & St. Paul Winter Carnival 2024
Since 1886, the Saint Paul Winter Carnival has brought charming winter events and community pride to Saint Paul and the Twin Cities metro area.
- Stay close to the activities at Rice Park at the SpringHill Suites Downtown, rated “Fabulous” by guests with spacious modern rooms, highly-rated breakfasts and excellent location.
- Winter Carnival began as a response to a few misguided East Coast reporters who called Minnesota “another Siberia, unfit for human habitation.” But Minnesota knows one or two things about the cold and turned it into an advantage. Today Winter Carnival showcases one of the city’s busiest seasons in all of its glory, creating the “Coolest Celebration on Earth”.
- The festival attracts 250,000+ people from Saint Paul and beyond to celebrate winter in Minnesota.
- Split your time between the stunning Ice Palace, the magic of Rice Park’s ice sculptures, ice rink music and city parade and the Vulcan Snow Park with a snow maze, snow sculptures and more.
- Winter Carnival runs for 11 days – all day on weekends and evenings during the week.
- Most of the events are free to attend, apart from the Drive-Thru Ice & Snow Sculpture Park. You can also purchase a Winter Carnival Button which helps support local charities and serves as a collectable moment of your visit.
- Stay at the Drury Plaza hotel, rated “Superb” by guests, close to all of the Carnival events and parades.
- Landmark Center, located in the heart of downtown Saint Paul, the Minnesota State Fairgrounds, and businesses throughout the city play host to the festivities.
- Saturday, January 27th, 2024 – 2 pm – King Boreas Grand Day Parade -Don’t miss the St. Paul’s Winter Carnival King Boreas Grand Day Parade complete with the trampolining bouncing teams! The procession makes its way down West 7th at Smith to 5th Street to Washington to 4th Street and disassembly will start at Market on 4th.
- Saturday, February 3rd, 2024 – 5 pm – Vulcan Victory Torchlight Parade – Vulcanus Rex will use his wily ways to light up the streets of downtown Saint Paul for the Vulcan Victory Torchlight Parade. The evening parade route starts at West 7th at Smith to 5th Street to Washington to 4th Street and disassembly will start at Market on 4th.
Getting to St Paul
- St Paul is a 15 minute drive from the center of Minneapolis. You can also catch the Metro Green line which takes you to the center of downtown.
Recommended Hotels in St Paul/Mineapolis
The following hotels are close to all of the city’s top attractions and a 15-minute drive to the Carnival festivities.
Recommended Hotels in Minneapolis By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Minneapolis that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
The Chambers Hotel
5 Star, Luxury
The Chambers has had a front-row seat to the legendary Orpheum Theatre’s groundbreaking performances Our 60 art-infused guestrooms and suites have walk-in rain showers, deep soaking tubs and sweeping views of vibrant downtown. A show-stopping rooftop lounge and lush courtyard with a fire pit
4 Star – Great Amenities
Situated in the centre of downtown Minneapolis, within steps of Nicollet Mall and Target Center, this hotel offers elegant accommodations with free WiFi access and and chic on-site dining options. Each guestroom at the Minneapolis Loews Hotel is equipped with a wall mounted flat-screen TV and a fully stocked minibar
4 Star – Central Location
Connected to the Minneapolis Convention Center via a skyway, this city centre hotel offers easy access to top attractions and features comfortable accommodations, complete with many modern amenities. A 50-inch flat-screen cable TV and iPod docking station are provided in every spacious room
Hampton Inn & Suites
3 Star – Perfect Location
Every room at Hampton Inn and Suites – Minneapolis/Downtown provides a 42-inch flat-screen LCD HDTV with premium cable, a small refrigerator and coffee maker. A 24-hour fitness centre and 24-hour business centre are available on-site at Hampton Inn and Suites. Guests can grab a snack from the 24-hour snack shop.