From: Sunday, February 11, 2024
To: Sunday, February 11, 2024
Victoria’s Pride Street Party (Melbourne) 2024
A landmark program of pride events and projects will return to Victoria this summer as part of a statewide celebration of LGBTQIA+ communities.
- Stay in the heart of the Pride festivities in Fitzroy. The District Apartments have superb amenities and offer great views of the Melbourne skyline.
- The annual event, known as Victoria’s Pride (previously Melbourne Pride) is a state-wide celebration to support and celebrate the state’s rainbow communities.
- Victoria’s Pride is a unique, one-day festival in the city’s inner north, produced by Midsumma, the popular gay celebration taking place each year.
- Events kick off in December with a series of regional activities, culminating in a one-day street party in Melbourne’s iconic Gertrude and Smith Street precinct.
- The Parade typlically takes place on the Sunday after the end of the Midusmma celebrations.
- Visitors can expect live performances, music, a circus, community stalls and more. The festival will bring together the best of the city’s inner north shops and businesses in a celebration of all the colours of the rainbow.
- Stay close to the stage shows at the Brady Hotels Jones Lane, rated “Fabulous” by guests, with spacious and stylish rooms, excellent amenities and perfect location.
- Melbourne’s iconic Gertrude and Smith Streets will once again be transformed into an extravagant street party – with two live music stages and performances
- The street party takes place in Yarra, one of the city’s historical gay enclaves. The streets of Fitzroy will come alive as Melbourne celebrates that history and builds on the momentum for equality.
The following hotels are close to Melbourne’s CBD (Central Business District), the centre of the city, close to all the major attractions and a 10 to 15-minute drive to the Victoria’s Pride celebrations:
Gay Map of Melbourne
Melbourne’s gay bars & clubs are located in St Kilda and South Yarra south of the city or in Collingwood, Richmond and Fitzroy north of the city and one in Yarraville.
Recommended Hotels in Melbourne By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Melbourne that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Rising above Melbourne’s vibrant Southbank precinct, Crown Towers offers spacious luxury rooms with views of the city or Port Phillip Bay. Each room features original artworks and marble bathrooms. Each room includes a large plasma-screen TV with laptop video-on-demand system, and a separate dressing room. The city and bay views are framed by floor-to-ceiling windows.
Lancemore Crossley St
5 Star, Readers Choice
Situated in Melbourne and with Princess Theatre reachable within 300 metres, Lancemore Crossley St. Melbourne features express check-in and check-out, non-smoking rooms, a fitness centre, free WiFi throughout the property and a bar. This property also provides guests with a terrace. The accommodation offers a 24-hour front desk, room service and organising tours for guests.
5 Star, Great Value
Located in the heart of Melbourne CBD, the Melbourne Marriott Hotel features a swimming pool, sauna and fitness centre. Guests can also relax at the restaurant, cafe or bar. All rooms are spacious and non-smoking, offering cable TV, a minibar and a desk with high-speed internet access. Located only minutes from Her Majesty’s Theatre, Federation Square
4 Star, Location
Located in the heart of Melbourne’s restaurant and theatre district on Little Bourke Street, Ovolo Laneways offers original artworks, luxurious bathrooms, quality furnishings and free high-speed wireless internet. Situated in the CBD, Ovolo Laneways is a 3-minute walk from Parliament. shopping, sporting arenas, art galleries, restaurants and bars all within easy walking distance.