From: Thursday, December 7, 2023
To: Sunday, December 10, 2023
Lyon – Fête des Lumières, Festival of Light 2023.
For three nights a variety of different artists light up buildings, streets, squares and parks all over the city.
- Are you visiting Lyon for Fête des Lumières? Stay in La Presqu’île, home to the city’s bustling gay neighbourhood. Stay at the Maison Nô – Hôtel et Rooftop rated “Fabulous” by guests with spacious rooms and a well-equipped gym and sauna.
- Festival of Lights Lyon brightens up December’s streets with dazzling displays and creates a huge buzz right across Lyon’s delightfully different districts. The event features over 70 light installations, creating a magical atmosphere. It’s a long weekend of pure magic – and all of it free!
- Millions of visitors both French and from abroad enjoy the friendly and joyful spirit of this unique event.
- The Festival of Lights extends the traditional festival of the 8th December, when the residents of Lyon celebrate the Virgin Mary, whose statue stands on the Fourvière hill, overlooking the city. Residents put candle lamps on their window sills and balconies and wander the streets of the city.
The Light Parade
- Don’t Miss the Light Parade featuring a parade of spectacular floats lighting up the city’s streets with amazing effects.
- Awaiting date, time and route for the 2023 parade.
Gay Lyon, Where to stay during the Festival of Light Lyon?
Lyon is the foodie capital of France, complete with a Unesco Listed old town and a lively gay scene. It is a university town with an international flair.
- Lyon’s gay bars and clubs are in the northern party of the Presqu’île, in the heart of the city. During the festival of lights, the party spills out onto the terraces of the gay bars and the streets for a unique festive atmosphere.
- Enjoy a Vin Chaud (Hot or Mulled Wine) with friends at popular bars including; La Ruche or La Chapelle Café with busy terraces and a friendly atmosphere.
Recommended Hotels in Lyon
The following Lyon hotels are currently trending with our readers in Lyon:
Recommended Hotels in Lyon By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Lyon that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
4 Star, Luxury
All guestrooms at the property are soundproofed and have air conditioning. There is a TV with cable and satellite channels, while tea and coffee making facilities are provided. The private bathroom offers bathrobes, a hairdryer, slippers and free toiletries. A buffet breakfast with local produce is served every morning in the dining room.
4 Star, Readers Choice
Set in a historical building, with original features, Hôtel Silky offers accommodation with free WiFi in the heart of Lyon. This 4-star hotel offers a 24-hour front desk and a concierge service. Guest rooms are equipped with a private bathroom and flat-screen TV. A safe and ironing facilities are available for free if you request them in advance.
4 Star, Great Value
Located in central Lyon, in a 19th century building. The hotel offers air-conditioned, art deco style rooms with free WiFi. Guest rooms at the Mercure Lyon Beaux-Arts are equipped with a satellite flat-screen TV and a minibar. Each room has an en suite bathroom with a bathtub or walk-in shower, and all rooms are serviced by a lift.
Hôtel Des Artistes
3 Star, Location
Hôtel Des Artistes is located in central Lyon, opposite the Place des Célestins and just 2 minutes’ walk from Place Bellecour. Free WiFi access is available. The air-conditioned guest rooms each have a private bathroom, a safety deposit box and a TV with Canal +, Canal Sport and CNN channels. 1 free bottle of water is provided in each room.
Video Of Lyon – Fete des Lumiers, Festival of Light.
Fête des Lumières 2017