From: Monday, May 27, 2024
To: Sunday, June 2, 2024
Here come the bears! Welcome to Lisboa 2024
If you have been to Portugal, you’ll know by now that most Portuguese men tend to be Latino-looking, dark and hairy. Thus, it is not surprising that it’s capital, Lisbon, has a large bear (and their fans) community. Lisbon is also becoming increasingly known as a LGBT travel destination for Europeans and others. It offers plenty of bars, clubs and things to do, together with fantastic weather, tons of history and fantastic value-for-money.
- Visiting for Lisbon Bear Pride? Stay in the Principe Real district, home to the best gay bars in the city. Stay at the charming Alegria Boutique Hotel, with spacious rooms and a great location.
Lisbon Bear Pride
- Lisbon bear pride 2024 will run for 7 days and will mark the return of several signature events.
- Events include several day parties and poolside shows at Villa 3 Caparica followed by night time events at Bar Tr3s Lisboa.
- Awaiting the full program – Weekend events include several parties such as the Gear Party (leather, rubber, neoprene, sports, boots and uniforms)at Tr3s and the fun Drag night and Bears Night Fever at Finamente Club.
- The MR Lisbon Bear Pride election is one of the event highlights, typically held on Saturday night.
- Other popular events include the bear cruise.
- Bar Tr3s Lisboa – Lisbon biggest gay bar serving the LGBT community since 2010. Bear owned and operated.
- Finamente Club – Compact but lively gay nightspot since 1976 featuring late-night shows of lip-syncing drag performers.
- Villa 3 Caparica – The First Gay Resort Hotel in Lisbon. Perfectly located between Lisbon and Lisbon’s gay beaches.
Where to stay in Lisbon
- Lisbon’s gay scene centers around the Bairro Alto and Principe Real neighborhoods, which are known for their trendy bars, clubs, and cafes.
- Bairro Alto – Situated just west of the central Baixa district, it is perched on one of the city’s many hills, offering fantastic views of Lisbon’s picturesque surroundings. Bairro Alto is known for its narrow cobblestone streets, colorful buildings, and vibrant atmosphere.
- Principe Real is located just north of the Bairro Alto district and is within walking distance from the central Baixa area.
- The neighbourhood is characterized by its elegant 19th-century architecture, featuring grand townhouses and palaces that have been repurposed into stylish shops and trendy bars. The area has a bohemian and artistic ambiance, attracting a mix of creative professionals, expatriates, and discerning travelers. It is also home to some of the most popular bear-friendly bars.
The following Lisbon hotels are all close to the gay bars and the city’s attractions
Recommended Hotels in Lisbon By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Lisbon that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
EPIC SANA Marquês
5 Star, Readers Choice
This 5-star property offers spacious suites and rooms that have bathrooms with a bathtub and shower. Suites include a living room with a workstation. Facilities include LCD TV with cable channels, minibar, and luxury and well-being amenities. Free WiFi, a fitness centre, concierge service and a 24-hour front desk. A heated infinity pool at the top of the building
Lisboa Carmo Hotel
4 Star, Homely
Located in the heart of the city, Lisboa Carmo Hotel features luxury rooms with contemporary décor. The upper floors of the hotel offer views of the Tagus River. The popular Bairro Alto district is a 3 minutes’ walk away. Each room is equipped with air conditioning, a flat-screen cable TV, minibar and a private bathroom with free toiletries.
HF Fenix Garden
3 Star, Great Value
The stylish Hotel Fenix Garden is situated on the Marquês de Pombal Square in the centre of Lisbon. Eduardo VII Park and Marques Pombal Metro Station are just steps away, while the high-end shops and boutiques of Avenida da Liberdade are at a short walk. Offering bright accommodation with air-conditioned room offers free WiFi, a work desk, cable TV
The Late Birds Lisbon
4 Star, Gay Resort
Located in Bairro Alto, in the heart of Lisbon Historical center, The Late Birds Lisbon – Gay Men’s Guesthouse offers an outdoor swimming pool, a garden, a sun deck and a lounge bar. Each air-conditioned room at The Late Birds Lisbon includes a computer, a cable channel TV, free WiFi access and a private bathroom with a shower and free toiletries.
Video Of Lisbon Bear Pride
Video Highlights of Lisbon Bear Pride and cruise.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Lisbon
Lisbon is generally considered to be an open and LGBTQ+ friendly city. The LGBTQ+ community in Lisbon has a visible presence, and there are several neighborhoods, events, and venues that cater to and celebrate the community.
Principe Real | In the heart of gay Lisbon
- Príncipe Real is often considered one of the most LGBTQ+-friendly neighborhoods in Lisbon.
- It has a reputation for being inclusive and welcoming to the LGBTQ+ community.
- Many LGBTQ+-oriented businesses, including bars, cafes, and shops, can be found here.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Principe Real
Bairro Alto is a popular nightlife district with a variety of bars and clubs, it’s known for its vibrant atmosphere.
Baixa is the historic downtown area of Lisbon, noted for its grand plazas, elegant squares, and wide boulevards.