From: Friday, April 5, 2024
To: Sunday, April 14, 2024
Jasper Pride Festival 2024
Jasper, Alberta is a little mountain town that is the perfect vacation spot. Jasper Pride Festival takes place each year in April. The Snow Pride Festival includes a colourful rainbow flag skiing parade at Marmot Basin with around 100 km ski and snowboard runs.
Getting to Jasper
- Jasper is at the crossroads of Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver, all of which have international airports that are serviced by major national and international carriers.
- The Edmonton International Airport is the closest airport to Jasper. It’s located 360 km’s east of Jasper, approximately 3.5 hours driving time. There are shuttles available from the airport to Jasper.
- For a chance to sit back, relax and see scenery that you can’t see from any highway, take the train! There are two rail services that can bring you to Jasper. VIA Rail Canada and Rocky Mountaineer
Jasper is a fairy tale mountain ski resort in the Canadian Rocky Mountains with a traditionally diverse and welcoming community attracting travellers, workers, students, ski bums and residents from all over the world. This unique atmosphere is a perfect fit for the resident queer community, the LGBT traveller and the many LGBT couples who wed in Jasper every year.
Nestled in the heart of Canada’s largest Rocky Mountain Park, the town of Jasper offers visitors unparalleled access to one of the most breathtaking and pristine wilderness areas in Canada. Jasper has every conceivable world-class resort luxury, amenity and activity – plus gourmet dining with nearly as many stars as the clear midnight skies.
Where to stay in Jasper
- The Whistler’s Inn – Popular option in the centre of town with lots of charm and character.
- Fairmont Park Lodge – sitting on Lac Beauvert overlooking the mountains and host of several pride events just a 5 minutes car ride from Jasper Town.
- Located in Jasper National Park, Marmot Basin is the ultimate ski area. Nestled in the center of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, it offers stunning views, and a fun, laid-back atmosphere for everyone.
- Marmot Basin has 91 named runs on four mountain faces with 3,000 vertical feet of drop. The area has a lift capacity of close to 12,000 skiers per hour on seven lifts. The season runs from mid-November to early May.
- For those that don’t ski, try an ice-walk through Maligne Canyon, and then a snowshoe trek across Maligne Lake. You will be led by an experienced guide along the frozen canyon floor.
- Maligne Canyon Ice Walk – Discover the power of nature on the Glacier Adventure. Step out on a cliff-edge walkway where giant glaciers perch above you and the spectacular Sunwapta Valley spreads out below. The Glacier Skywalk experience features waterfalls, wildlife, fossils and more on an exciting 1-kilometre walkway that leads to a platform where glass is all that separates you from a 918-foot (280 m) drop.
- Book everything from white water rafting to a private SVU tour in advance and save.
Jasper Pride Highlights
Jasper Pride features a wide range of events including the always popular drag queen karaoke and a sizzling burlesque show. We are awaiting the full schedule for the 2024 event. Previous highlights have included:
Fun race and Fruit Loop Mountain Party
- The final Friday sees the legendary Alpine Fun Race from 11pm. Experience the ultimate thrill in our Alpine Fun Race! Emphasis on fun. Later on that evening Downstream Lounge hosts the Fruit Loop Mountain Party, one of Jasper Pride’s signature event
Ski Party and Parade
- The final Saturday draws the biggest crowds with the Pride Ski Party and Ski Parade at Marmot Basin from 11am, with colourful costumes, music and a BBQ! Holler and cheer as the run carries the Pride flag from upper to mid-mountain. Dress up in your best and brightest costumes and be sure to bring Pride flags!
- Saturday Night features the Pride Party, the biggest event of the week long celebrations. Hosted at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge where Pride and Canadiana collide for a kaleidoscopic gong-show of lumberjacks, rainbows, neon and flannel. Prepare to get wild as organisers welcome you back with drag kings and queens, duelling pianos, DJs, drinks and non-stop dancing.
- Need costume inspiration? Think beavers, log cabins, toques and onesies—dipped in rainbows and spangled in glitter.
Jasper is for Foodies and people who love their cocktails. The food culture in town is eclectic and unique. From Canadian classics, locally brewed beers, wild game and globally inspired restos – there’s something to tickle your palate on the Pride food tour.
- Famoso – Brings the taste of Naples closer to home with delicious italian style pizza.
- Evil Dave’s – Sinful dishes include Malevolent Meatloaf and the Typhoon Noodles, all served with the best cocktails.
- Jasper Brewing Company – Experience a wide range of delicious ales from Wicked White to Blueberry Vanilla! They also host the Pride Beer Lunch.
- The Den at Orso – At the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, offering a unique dining atmosphere complete with cozy fireplace,live music, serving organic meats and local seafood.
- Want a morning java jolt after a great sleep? Look for rainbows on the doors of Coco’s Café .
Where to stay in Jasper
The following hotels are the most booked by our readers for the past two Jasper pride events. They are close to all the major attractions and pride events:
Recommended Hotels in Jasper By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Jasper that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
4 Star – Central Location
Located on the shores of Beauvert Lake in the Canadian Rocky Mountains, this resort boasts an award-winning golf course, 8 on-site restaurants, and a 10,000 square foot spa.
Bear Hill Lodge
3 Star, Readers Choice
Set in the mountain village of Jasper within Jasper National Park, this lodge features a sauna and hot tub. Free Wi-Fi & cozy Breakfast includes freshly made muffins & scones
The Crimson Jasper
3 Star – Great Amenities
Offering an indoor pool and hot tub, The Crimson Jasper is only a 10 minute walk from Jasper Railway Station. C200 Restaurant serves gourmet dishes and a daily breakfast buffet.
3 Star – Good Location
Featuring a rooftop hot tub, this hotel is located within Jasper National Park, 8 km from the Jasper tramway. The hotel offers 2 on-site restaurants, a pub, free WiFi & a coffee maker in every room