From: Friday, September 6, 2024
To: Sunday, September 8, 2024
Gay CSD Salzburg Pride 2024
Salzburg is awash with rainbows in September as the annual Salzburg Pride festivities take over the city for a weekend of parties and parades.
- Are you visiting for Salzburg Pride? Stay close to all the festivities at the Hotel & Villa Auersperg Salzburg, a 4-star hotel rated “Superb” by guests with beautiful decor, exceptional views and a perfect location.
Salzburg Pride Schedule
Although small compared to other pride marches (with about 1,200 participants), the event is full of colourful events and parties. Each year the event has grown and attracts more visitors looking for an end of summer escape.
Opening Ceremony & Parties
- Friday – Events typically begin at 7 pm with a warm-up party at HOSI Salzburg featuring guest Drag artists, live performances, and a fun drag-bingo show. The official opening ceremony takes place at 9 pm.
- The party continues at 10 pm in Mexx Gay Bar with the annual “Queer Night” party. Those looking for something a little harder should head to Dark Eagle for the Fetish Night with several Mr Leather Sash holders from across Europe in attendance.
The Main Parade & After Party
- Saturday, Sept 7th, 2024 – Start your day with the Queer city tour from noon and discover famous gay personalities from the town.
- The main parade line-up is at 4 pm, and the march begins at 5 pm. Accompanied by music, the procession goes to Uniplatz in front of ARGEKultur, with two rallies at the Chamber of Labour and Mirabellplatz.
- Events continue at 7 pm with a closing programme featuring art, culture and acrobatics. Events continue from 9 pm the Pride Night/ CSD festival, a gay party night held in the ARGEKultur, an event and cultural centre.
- Stay close to all the gay bars at the NH Collection Salzburg City, a 4-star hotel rated “Fabulous” by guests featuring a modern gym, spacious rooms and modern decor.
- The after-party kicks off at 3 am in Mexxx Gay Bar.
- On Sunday, enjoy a pride brunch at Café am Kai directly on the Salzach from 9 am, offering a great view of the world-famous backdrop of Salzburg.
Other things to do in Salzburg
After all the partying, make sure you spend time exploring the stunning sights of Salzburg.
- Take the queer city tour, visit the Hohensalzburg Fortress,
- Explore the Salzburg Cathedral with its spectacular catacombs,
- Tour the streets of Salzburg’s old town.
- Other highlights include a Mozartkugel tasting. A Mozartkugel is a small, round sugar confection made of pistachio, marzipan and nougat that is covered with dark chocolate. It was originally known as Mozart-Bonbon, created in 1890 by Salzburg confectioner Paul Fürst and named after Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Relive your favorite scenes from the classic musical “The Sound of Music” on this Salzburg sightseeing tour. Visit filming sites around the city while your guide provides historical background on Salzburg’s top attractions and architectural jewels, including the gazebo where “Sixteen Going on Seventeen” was shot.
- Finally, don’t miss a photo op at the Rainbow bench on the Rose Hill in Mirabellpark.
Recommended Hotels in Salzburg
The following hotels are close to the pride celebrations and city’s top attractions:
Gay Map of Salzburg
Recommended Hotels in Salzburg
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Salzburg that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Hotel Bristol is situated in the heart of Salzburg, only a few steps away from Mirabell Palace & the Festival Houses. This historic 5-star hotel offers an award-winning restaurant & free WiFi. The spacious and elegant non-smoking rooms are air-conditioned. They overlook the city & feature a flat-screen satellite TV, a minibar, & a safe.
5 Star, Great Value
Located in Salzburg, 200 m from Mirabell Palace, Hyperion Hotel Salzburg features air-conditioned rooms & a restaurant. This property also provides guests with a terrace. The accommodation provides a 24-hour front desk, room service. Every room is fitted with a desk, a flat-screen TV, a private bathroom, bed linen and towels & a safety deposit box.
Hotel & Spa Auersperg
4 Star, Style & Luxury
Family-run for 3 generations, the small and elegant boutique Hotel & Petit Spa Auersperg features a charming garden terrace and a spa area with a roof terrace. The individually designed non-smoking rooms range from classic to modern style. They are located in the hotel and the adjacent Villa Auersperg, a city villa from the mid-19th century.
Hotel am Mirabellplatz
4 Star, Readers Choice
The boutique Hotel am Mirabellplatz is directly opposite the Mirabell Palace and the Salzburg Congress Centre, and only a short walk from the Old Town. Free WiFi is available. The modern and individually designed rooms of the Hotel am Mirabellplatz are equipped with a minibar, a safe, an air conditioner, & a bathroom with hairdryer & make-up mirror.
Video Gay Guide to Salzburg
Discover the best of the city.