From: Saturday, March 18, 2023
To: Saturday, March 25, 2023
One of Europe’s biggest gay ski weeks 2023 at over 3,000m high!
With more than 600 guests from all over Europe, North America and beyond , European Snow Pride is the largest truly European gay ski and music festival.
In 2022, this will be an even bigger event, with guests from even more countries converging on Tignes to live together an unforgettable week of great skiing, partying and socialising.
Getting to Tignes
- By Train: – Daily and frequent Eurostar, Thalys and TGVs trains to Bourg-St-Maurice.
- By Air: – Geneva Cointrin, Lyon Saint-Exupéry, Grenoble Saint-Geoirs and Chambéry are the closest international airports to Tignes.
- Every year during European Snow Pride, Tignes Val Claret turns into a true gay village hosting Europe’s biggest gay ski week. It will take you less than 10 minutes by foot to go between 2 extreme points in Val Claret. In Tignes Val Claret, car traffic is restricted to baggage drop-off, making it a car-free resort.
- In case you need to go to Tignes le Lac, which is a less than 1km away from Tignes Val Claret, you can walk along the lake. Unless you are in a hurry or do not fancy the bucolic walk along the lake, you can use the free public shuttle linking le Lac and Val Claret and running every 10 minutes during the day (every 30 minutes from 9.30pm and every hour at certain moments of the night).
Where to stay
Most of the event venues are located in Tignes Val Claret. However some of the major events will take place in Tignes le Lac, including the parties in Tignespace and the giant Pool Party in the Lagon. For parties in Tignes le Lac, a free shuttle bus service runs continuously between Val Claret and le Lac.
- Les Suites – Maison Bouvier – 5 star, luxury option – beautiful rooms, exceptional facilities.
- Résidence Pierre & Vacances – 4 star aparthotel with spacious rooms and great amenities.
- Hôtel La Vanoise – 2 star, great location right on the slopes with charming owners.
If you are traveling in a group, why not elevate your stay with your own chalet. There are more than 400 options available in TIgnes Val Claret, many with some added extras such as jacuzzis and steam rooms! How about your own private Apres Ski?
- With a ski area culminating at 3450m above sea level at the glacier de la Grande Motte, Tignes & Val d’Isère is one of the highest winter sport resorts and among the largest and world class ski resorts. It is a fantastic encompassing 3 mountains and 2 valleys with more than 300km of perfectly connected pisted runs spread across 10.000 hectares.
- The world class Espace Killy is a huge and perfectly well interconnected ski area encompassing the internationally renowned ski areas of Tignes and Val d’Isère. It provides an incomparable variety of ski runs suitable for all skiing and snowboarding levels of aptitude.
- Thanks to its high altitude culminating at 3450m, the Espace Killy is also a snow sure ski area: Tignes is the first ski resort in Europe to open in the autumn and the last one to close.
- With a cumulative snowfall of nearly 11 meters (36 ft), Tignes was BY FAR the first ski resort in the French Alps to get so much snow last winter !
The Giant Pool Party
- Located on the lakeshore in the heart of Tignes le Lac, the Lagon with its unique teepee architecture proposes over 5000sqm three areas of mind-body wellness. During European Snow Pride, the beautiful Lagon will hosts the giant Pool Party, definitely one of the highlights of the week. Held on Monday (Blue) and Tuesday (Pink).
Tignes Pride March – Date to be confirmed.
- From 2pm: LGBTQ association and club fair [AIDES, Le Refuge, Tignes Pride] – Place du Curling, Tignes Val Claret
- 4:30pm: Meeting at the ‘Rainbow Point’ (Place du Curling, Tignes Val Claret). Free drinks: mulled wine, hot chocolate. Speech and symbolic destruction of the ‘Wall of hatred’.
- 5:30pm: Start of the Pride from ‘Place du Curling’, Tignes Val Claret
- 6pm: Arrival of the Pride at Cocorico (venue of European Snow Pride après-ski), featuring Jayne Luka
- After a full day of skiing and boarding in the company of your friends, the guided groups or the ski classes you will enjoy at your leisure the variety of great events that we provide throughout the week: après ski on a sunny terrace, cabarets and shows, parties with Europe’s best gay DJs and clubs.
- Events typically begin with Apres Ski, then a pool party or afternoon activity, followed by Dinner, then a big party night and for those who don’t sleep, the after party!
The Apres Ski
- The Apres Ski takes place in Cocorico – A beautiful and superbly decorated venue, directly in the resort and at the bottom of the pistes, with a large terrace. From 4pm to 7pm.
- Tignespace – Tignes’ brand new 3000 people capacity venue, hosting our major Pride party
- Le Lagon – Tignes’ beautiful aquatic and sport center stretching over 5000 sqm hosting our 2 giants Pool Parties
- Arobase Café – A very cosy and intimate venue to meet before dinner and hosting some of the befores and parties
- DropZone -A friendly venue hosting the Welcome party and some of our parties during the week.
- Blue Girl – one of Tignes’ nightclubs hosting the DJ parties
- Avant-Garde (Melting) – One of Tignes’ nightclubs hosting the DJ parties and after hours
Trending hotels in Tignes
The following hotels are close to all the parties and activities and were the most popular with readers at the last ski week event:
Gay Map of Tignes
We have chosen Hotels close to all the events European Snow Pride
Recommended Hotels in Tignes By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Tignes that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
This hotel is located in the heart of Val Claret, near the Espace Killy ski slopes in the Vanoise National Park. It offers an indoor pool and a spa centre. The luxury suites have bathrooms with rain showers and spa baths. Each features a living area with flat-screen television and DVD player, and a balcony. Guests can relax in Les Suites Du Nevada Maison Bouvier lounge area by the fireplace
Les Suites Du Montana
5 Star, Readers Choice
Hôtel Les Suites Du Montana is a hamlet made up of 5 Savoyard-style chalets. Decorated in an Alpine-style with wooden furniture, warm fabrics and stone, the spacious suites are equipped with satellite TV and free Wi-Fi access. All suites feature a fireplace or an Austrian stove in the living room and a private bathroom with a sauna, spa bath and heated towel rail.
4 Star, Great Value
Guests have access to the swimming pool, sauna, steam room and fitness area, all located in the nearby area, during the high season. Combining a modern décor and traditional chalet-style furnishings, the apartments at Le Jhana have a living area with a kitchen and a dining area. Some offer views of the mountains and include free Wi-Fi access.
Hôtel Le Refuge
3 Star, Location
Le Refuge is located in Tignes, in the northern French Alps, 50 m from the ski lift. It has spa facilities and massages. The guest rooms include a large flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi Internet access. All rooms are serviced by a lift. Some rooms have a balcony and/or views, subject to availability. Le Refuge serves a daily breakfast that can be taken in the hotel’s panoramic dining area
Video Of European Snow Pride
European Snow Pride 2016
Recommended Hotels in Tignes By Expedia
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Expedia
We have chosen hotels in Tignes that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
4 Star, Luxury
Ski into Hôtel Les Campanules, where you can relax in a full-service spa, enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge, or have a meal at the restaurant. All 40 rooms offer free WiFi and free wired Internet, plus room service and flat-screen TVs with digital channels. Other amenities available to guests include free newspapers, hair dryers, and laptop-compatible safes.
4 Star, Stylish
Ski into Hotel VoulezVous Tignes le Lac, where you can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge, eat a meal at the restaurant, and enjoy comforts including an indoor pool and a full-service spa. All 69 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and minibars. For a bit of entertainment, flat-screen TVs come with satellite channels, and guests will also appreciate thoughtful touches like espresso makers and slippers.
Hôtel Le Taos
4 Star, Readers Choice
With direct access to the slopes, Hôtel Le Taos makes guests feel at home with amenities like a full-service spa and an indoor pool. All 25 rooms feature thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers, along with conveniences such as sitting areas and coffee makers. For a bit of entertainment, flat-screen TVs come with cable channels, and guests will also find free WiFi and hair dryers.
Hôtel Le Diamond Rock
4 Star, Modern Classic
Ski into Hôtel Le Diamond Rock, where you can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge, eat a meal at the restaurant, and enjoy comforts including an indoor pool and a full-service spa. All 61 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and minibars. For a bit of entertainment, flat-screen TVs come with satellite channels, and guests will also appreciate thoughtful touches like espresso makers and bathrobes.