From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Budapest Gay Pride 2024
Budapest Gay Pride is the biggest annual LGBT event in Hungary and is a mix of political demonstrations, events, parties and concerts. Events run for an entire month, culminating in a final weekend of parades, festivals and circuit parties.
Where to stay during Pride?
- Attending Budapest Pride? Stay in Pest in the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 9th districts, home to the city’s popular clubs and bars, many within walking distance of one another.
- Stay in the Casati Budapest Hotel with differently styled rooms, in a quiet location yet close to the buzz of the city.
The Key Dates
- Awaiting dates – Event program features a range of activities spread across the city for the entire 4 weeks of the celebration. Most of the major events take place on the final weekend in July
Budapest Pride March 2024
- Awaiting dates – The main parade of Budapest Gay Pride is held on the Saturday of the 10 day event.
- The march starts at 14.00 and ends at 20.00. The march typically begins at Dráva utca and ends at Szabadság tér (Liberty Square). The route is typically confirmed a few days before the event.
- The speeches start at 17.30, which will be followed by performances.
- You can find many Hungarian NGO’s in the Civilian Village with guest DJs
- Stay close to the parade at the D8 Hotel, a charming 3 star hotel rated “Superb” with a wide range of breakfast options and excellent amenities.
Budapest Pride Rainbow Party
- Awaiting Dates – As Budapest pride procession ends, the alfresco Budapest Pride Rainbow Party awaits revellers at Budapest Park, where a full program of events is scheduled.
- The programme includes fashion shows, massages and face painting beginning at 6pm. The party concludes with a fireworks show starting just before 10pm.
- The Rainbow Party in Budapest park is hosted by Funhouse and will feature some of the biggest DJS, acts and live shows. Funhouse is Hungary’s biggest queer happening.
- Despite government efforts, Budapest has a vibrant gay scene with plenty of bars, parties, shops and gay friendly hotels and restaurants to keep you entertained. The city is also home to some of Europe’s most impressive historical attractions.
- The majority of gay venues in Budapest are situated on the Pest side of the Danube.
- The city is also famous for its monthly circuit parties such as Garcons and Triton, taking over large straight clubs and turning them rainbow long into the night! HELLO is the ultimate pop party!
Budapest Gay Bars
- Black Unicorn – New bar, popular for pre party drinks. Hosts drag acts and karaoke nights.
- Crush – Cafe by day, club by night with live performances and guest DJs.
- Habroló – Cosy gay bistro and cafe with delicious pastries.
- Polygon – Gay dance bar with shows and theme nights.
- Why Not Café & Bar – long running favourite of visitors and locals.
Cruising & Saunas
- Coxx – Cruising club with lockers bar cabins and slings.
- Magnum Sauna – Popular year round and especially during pride and post circuit parties. Large & Modern.
Where to stay for Budapest Pride
The following hotels are close to the city’s gay bars and attractions:
Map of Budapest
This “Paris of the East” has long been known as a gay center of Eastern Europe, but things have really taken off since reintegration with the West. There is no single gay neighborhood, but most gay-popular bars and clubs can be found in Pest in the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 9th districts, many within walking distance of one another. Defining lines aren’t drawn as sharply here as in the West – except at men’s saunas or cruise bars – and people mix more.
Recommended Hotels in Budapest By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Budapest that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Four Seasons Hotel
5 Star, Luxury
Built in 1906 and entirely renovated in 2004, Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace enjoys an incomparable location in front of the Chain Bridge, offering luxury units, an infinity-edge pool, a fitness room and a restaurant and bar. All rooms offer iPod Docking Station, satellite TV, wired and wireless internet and marble bathrooms with a bath or a shower
Hotel Palazzo Zichy
4 Star, Readers Choice
Located in the historic Palace Quarter in Budapest’s centre, Hotel Palazzo Zichy Budapest offers a free sauna and a free fitness centre. This neo-Baroque palace dating from 1899 also has free Wi-Fi access. All rooms are air conditioned and have a flat-screen TV, a laptop-size safe and a work desk. The private bathroom comprises a hairdryer and free toiletries
4 Star, Location
The 4-star-superior Continental Hotel Budapest opened in 2010 at the former site of Hungaria Bath, a protected Art Nouveau building. Each room category boasts Art Deco style and comes with free WiFi, soundproofed windows and air conditioning, an LCD satellite TV. The bathrooms have a hairdryer, free toiletries, shower or bathtub. A minibar
The Three Corners Hotel
3 Star, Great Value
This 3-star hotel, renovated in 2019, is located on a pedestrian street, next to the Kalvin Square metro, Three Corners Hotel Art Superior offers WiFi internet and sauna are available for free. All rooms feature flat-screen TVs and free WiFi. Apartments feature 1 or 2 bedrooms, and a living room.
Video Of Budapest Gay Pride
Budapest Pride Felvonulás 2017
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Budapest
Budapest’s LGBTQ+ scene includes various social spaces, bars, clubs, and events that cater to the LGBTQ+ community and its allies. The annual Budapest Pride is a significant event that brings together people to celebrate diversity and advocate for LGBTQ+ rights. The first Budapest Pride took place in 1997, and the event has grown in visibility and participation over the years.
District 7 (Erzsébetváros) | Close to the city centre
- This district, also known as the Jewish Quarter, is one of the most vibrant and diverse areas in Budapest.
- It has a number of LGBTQ+-friendly bars, cafes, and clubs.
- Király Street and Kazinczy Street are particularly popular for their nightlife.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Budapest
This is the heart of Budapest, known for its historic & architectural charm. It’s close to many major attractions.
Characterized by its elegant boulevards, luxury shops, & beautiful architecture.