From: Thursday, March 14, 2024
To: Sunday, March 17, 2024
Starkbierfest 2024 Munich Strong Beer Festival
To appreciate the Munich love of beer you just have to consider what locals call the “fifth season”. It’s the Starkbierzeit (Strong Beer Time), a frenzy of early-spring stout swigging.
- Visiting Munich? Stay in the heart of the city in a luxurious suite at Beyond by Geisel a unique luxury concept putting you in the heart of the action. Meanwhile the Andaz Munich Schwabinger Tor, offers amazing views of the city and a great rooftop pool.
Munich is always brewing up some kind of excuse to get buzzed. Sandwiched between Carnival celebrations and Easter, Starkbierfest is Munich’s Lent-time justification for alcohol consumption. The festival is celebrated over a few weeks during early Spring
- Beer halls and breweries host their own Starkbierfests across the city.It’s a fabulous event where you have the supreme privilege of downing fresh, delicious brew that tastes like it was especially concocted just for you to drink on that specific day.
The Gay Event
- The Munich Leather and Fetish association, MLC host a special 4 day weekend version of their very own Starkbierfest each March.
- On Thursday, at the „Oberanger” a cosy and entertaining event with dinner takes place. This will be topped by the election of the new Bavarian Mr. Leather – the representative of the Bavarian leather and fetish community.
- After a cultural programme on Friday afternoon, two hot nights at the UnderGround are on the agenda: a “Hardcore” event on Friday, as well as the „Löwennacht” on Saturday. Those nights are a real feast for the eyes for all fetish friends. You can’t miss them.
- On Sunday, the Starkbierfest-weekend ends with one or more mugs of Maximator, the strong malty beer of Augustiner brewery, proper Bavarian brass music and lots of guys in traditional Bavarian leather shorts.
- The gay neighbourhood in Munich is quite compact. There are 9 gay bars most of them are in the old town around the Glockenbachviertel.
- Known as the vibrant gay district of Munich, upscale Glockenbachviertel offers trendy bars and nightlife venues that go into the wee hours of the morning. It’s home to the Gender-Ampel traffic light featuring diverse pedestrian characters, as well as boutiques, galleries and performing arts at the State Theater on Gärtnerplatz.
Recommended Munich Hotels
The following hotels are close to Munich’s top attractions and a short ride to the Starkbierzeit parties:
Gay Map of Munich
The best area to stay in Munich is the Innenstadt and is within easy walking distance of most of the city’s shops and bars. Gay life in Munich focuses around the Glockenbachviertel and Sendlinger-Tor-Platz.
Recommended Hotels in Munich By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Munich that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Hotel Bayerischer Hof
5 Star, Luxury
Offering 5 gourmet restaurants, 6 bars, and an exclusive spa with rooftop pool, this historic 5-star hotel is located directly in Munich’s fashionable shopping district. The luxurious rooms and suites each feature an original design, ranging from cosmopolitan to colonial style. They all provide high-speed WiFi and air conditioning. A complimentary fruit basket and a bottle of mineral water
4 Star, Good Value
Located directly at the historic Viktualienmarkt marketplace in Munich city centre, this environmentally friendly hotel features a gym, 24-hour reception and free WiFi. The stylish rooms use renewable energy sources. Highlights include a 32-inch flat-screen TV, hot drinks facilities, extra-long beds. Some rooms feature views of Viktualienmarkt marketplace.
Eurostars Book Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
Just 650 m from Munich Central Station, Eurostars Book Hotel offers a fitness centre and free WiFi. Literary-themed rooms feature a flat-screen TV. You can also enjoy the sauna. Each rooms is dedicated to a famous book. Features include tea/coffee facilities, a minibar and a private bathroom with hairdryer and free toiletries. The hotel’s restaurant serves a international specialties.
3 Star, Location
This quietly located, 3-star Superior hotel in Munich’s Old Town is just a 3-minute walk from the famous Marienplatz square. It offers air-conditioned rooms and free high-speed Wi-Fi. A large, tasty breakfast buffet is on offer at the Mercure Hotel München Altstadt every day. The modern rooms of the Mercure Hotel feature flat-screen TV. Minibars include free mineral water.
Video Munich Gay Guide
Israel Plata explores the best of gay Munich.