From: Wednesday, December 27, 2023
To: Sunday, December 31, 2023
Rio The New World New Year’s Festival 2023
The New World (TNW) is one of Brazil’s biggest party promoters (formerly The Week) and brings the biggest parties to Rio for an epic Gay New Year celebration.
- Book your hotel in Ipanema and take a taxi to the parties. Stay at the Hotel Arpoador, rated “Fabulous” by guests, offering stunning beach views, spacious rooms and delicious breakfasts.
- Join the hottest boys from Brazil and beyond as The New World presents Rio De Janeiro’s “New Year Festival.”
- Expect world-class circuit DJs, the most unique, over-the-top stage shows, elaborate productions, amazing dancers, and state-of-the-art light and sound, synonymous with TNW events.
- The party attracts thousands of visitors over five days, hosting parties at some of Rio’s top events, including Sugar Loaf Mountain and a breathtaking open-air location for the signature La Leche event.
- Celebrate NYE like a rockstar at the legendary Fasano Hotel, rated “Superb” by guests with luxurious rooms, excellent gym facilities, rooftop infinity pool and beachside location.
- Thursday 28th December – Carioca – new Year Festival from 10 pm – pre Reveillon event at Morra de Urca.
- Other events to be confirmed.
- The Home Rio – Located on Rua Sacadura Cabral, 135 is an epic nightclub (formerly The Week) with stunning sound and light.
- Featuring multiple bars, a large dancefloor, and indoor and outdoor areas, it is the leading nightclub in the city and hosts several gay theme nights and circuit events.
- Located in the Centro district, the club is a 25-minute ride from the beaches of Ipanema.
Sugar Loaf Mountain Party
- 28th December – Morra da Urca – A pre-New Year’s Eve Tradition, the setting and vibe need no explanation; this is a party in one of the most famous places on earth, Sugarloaf Mountain.
- Party by one of the most famous venues in the world for one magical fun night in The Marvelous City in Parque Bondinho.
- In the heart of the Atlantic Forest and above Rio de Janeiro, the Parque Bondinho Pão de Açúcar enchants everyone with its stunning landscape.
- The Parque Bondinho Pão de Açúcar is formed by the Urca and Pão de Açúcar hills that, interconnected by a cable car, offer breathtaking experiences at the height of up to 396 meters above sea level.
Recommended Hotels in Rio
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Rio
Most of Rips gay bars are located in Ipanema and Copacabana. Ipanema’s gayest nightspot is on the beach block of Rua Teixeira de Melo, next to Farme.
Along Copacabana beach there is a traditionally gay-friendly area known as Bolsa, near Lido. Hustlers are pretty much part of the scene, and you should keep a good hold on your wallet
Recommended Hotels in Rio By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Rio that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Boasting a rooftop pool with stunning sea views, Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro offers luxurious beachfront accommodations on Ipanema Beach. The property also offers a spa and wellness centre. Elegantly decorated, rooms feature a balcony, air conditioning, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a minibar and a private bathroom with bath or shower.
5 Star, Readers Choice
The elegant 5-star Copacabana Palace, A Belmond Hotel, Rio de Janeiro offers luxurious rooms with marbled bathrooms. All offer king-size beds, free use of internet and a free pair of Havaianas flip flops and panoramic ocean views, located on Rio de Janeiro’s Copacabana Beachfront. Services include a wellness spa and 3 gastronomic restaurants.
5 Star, Great Value
Located right across from the famous Copacabana Beach, the Miramar Hotel by Windsor features a green granite pool and a modern gym. Offers butler service and free WiFi. Guests can start the day with a rich breakfast. Room here comes equipped with air conditioning, a flat-screen cable TV, safe and minibar. The bathroom includes toiletries and a bathrobe.
4 Star, Location
Facing Copacabana Beach and within 800 m from Ipanema Beach, Orla Copacabana Hotel features free WiFi, a rooftop pool and a restaurant. It offers panoramic views of Sugar Loaf Mountain and the ocean. Rooms at Orla Copacabana display neutral colours and modern décor. They provide air conditioning, cable TV and a minibar. Some also offer scenic ocean views.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Rio de Janeiro
Gay Rio de Janeiro, a city that pulses with energy, celebrates diversity, and embraces the LGBTQ+ community with open arms. Nestled between lush mountains and stunning beaches, Rio de Janeiro is not only a tropical paradise but also a haven for those seeking a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere. From the iconic Copacabana and Ipanema beaches to the lively Lapa district, gay Rio de Janeiro offers a kaleidoscope of experiences.
Ipanema | The heart of Rio’s beauty
- Ipanema, a neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro that’s known for its LGBTQ+ friendly vibe and diverse community.
- Nestled alongside the iconic Ipanema Beach, this area has become a hub for LGBTQ+ travelers and locals alike.
- With its relaxed beach culture, a range of LGBTQ+-owned businesses where you can enjoy the sand and surf during the day and explore the local nightlife after dark.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Ipanema
The iconic beachfront of Copacabana has a variety of LGBTQ+-friendly establishments & a diverse crowd.
Leblon is known for its beautiful beach, high-end shops, restaurants, bars and the best hotels in Rio