From: Saturday, February 17, 2024
To: Sunday, March 3, 2024
Nice Carnival 2024, A spectacular series of parades and parties.
Every year Nice celebrates a colourful traditional Carnival in the modern era in its current form when the floats and tribunes made their appearance in 1873.
- Stay close to all the Carnival parades and parties at the Best Western Plus Hotel Massena Nice, a beautiful 4-star hotel, close to the old town.
Nice Carnival 2024
- Celebrate Carnival in one of Europe’s most stylish cities, complete with a dedicated gay Carnival parade! Famous for its stunning float creations of epic proportions, Nice Carnival has a unique theme each year, reflecting contemporary politics and world events.
- As well as the elaborate parades, other activities include a series of fun runs, Carnival Swim heats and street parties. Most people however come for the main parades, of which there are two, including a special gay parade.
The Carnival Parade – The Daytime Parade
- Awaiting Dates
- On the Place Masséna and around the Jardin Albert 1er – More than 20 allegorical or burlesque floats parade through Nice, accompanied by live entertainment, street art and international musical groups.
- This special show takes place in the afternoon, from 14:30 and lasts about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Each float tells a story, often in a comical or exaggerated way. An allegory is the expression of truths about human existence by means of symbolic figures and their actions.
- Stay right on the seafront with views of the Carnival at the Westminster Hotel & Spa Nice featuring stylish and spacious rooms in a historic building.
The Evening Parade – Carnival Parade of Lights
- Awaiting Dates
- The evening parades are held on each Saturday and Tuesday of the Carnival celebrations.
- Everything lights up, the visual spectacle becomes even more amazing, and the arts and music troupes that bring the route to life offer a real sound and light show.
- The parade kicks off at8.30pm on the Place Masséna and lasts around 1 hour 30 minutes.
The Flower Parade
- Awaiting Dates
- The Flower Parade features Floats decorated with floral compositions. The parade takes place beside the sea, on the Promenade des Anglais. Parades run from 14:30 and last about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- The grace and elegance of these processions of floats reminds us of the power of the flowers and shows off the floral heritage of the region. A more poetic facet of the Carnival, inseparable from the other more ironic side.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Nice for some of the best balcony views of the Carnival festivities.
The Gay Carnival – Lou Queernaval
- Awaiting Dates
- Lou Queernaval is the first gay Carnival in France and typically takes place on the Friday during the second week of Nice Carnival. The parade kicks off at 20.30 from Place Masséna.
- Queernaval is the first gay carnival in France, rooted in the Nice tradition of carnival festivities. It’s a popular event open to all. Lou Queernaval is committed to promoting the values of sharing, inclusion and living together. Feathers, makeup, sequins, extravagant parades, colourful troupes and strange creatures set the carnival alight.
- For the ultimate Carnival celebration, stay at Le Negresco, one of the most famous hotels in France with period furniture fit for a queen, over the top service and high-end amenities.
- Awaiting Dates and venue details – Expect an elaborate closing event from 14.00 across the city.
- Nice has one of the largest gay scenes in France, outside of Paris. The Carnival festivities attract French guys from around the country and international visitors from beyond!
- Most of the gay bars and clubs are located in the Old Town known as Vieux Nice. Other popular venues can be found along the Promenade. The Hotel Rossetti is rated “Superb” and is just 400m from the beach and right in the centre of the old town.
Recommended Hotels in Nice
The following hotels are all close to the carnival celebrations and the city’s lively gay scene:
Recommended Hotels in Nice By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Nice that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
The famous Hotel Negresco, dating from the beginning of the 20th century, overlooks the beach and the Promenade. From Louis XIII style to modern art, 5 centuries of history are exhibited throughout the hotel. Free Wifi, & a fitness centre. Each room and suite is decorated individually & features air conditioning, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.
4 Star, Readers Choice
Best Western Plus Hôtel Massena Nice is a design hotel in the heart of Nice, just 200 m from the beach. It offers air-conditioned rooms equipped with a flat-screen TV and free WiFi access. The guest rooms are equipped with a minibar and tea and coffee making facilities. Some rooms feature a balcony or a terrace. Most private bathrooms include bathrobes.
Le Meridien Nice
4 Star, Great Value
Right on the Promenade des Anglais, this hotel faces the Mediterranean Sea. and offers a panoramic rooftop terrace and an outdoor swimming pool. The hotel was renovated in 2020. The modern guest rooms have views of the sea, the Albert 1st Gardens, or the hotel patio. Each is air conditioned and includes free WiFi access, a mini-bar and satellite TV
4 Star, Location
Set on the seafront in Nice’s Old Town, Hotel Suisse is an Italian-style hotel offering a partnership with a local private beach, where meals and beverages can be enjoyed for an additional charge. Guests can access the private beach for a discounted rate. Air-conditioned guest rooms include a flat-screen TV, minibar and telephone, and most have panoramic sea views.
Video Of Nice Carnival
Carnaval de Nice 2018 : le Best Of