From: Wednesday, September 7, 2022
To: Sunday, September 11, 2022
Freedom Gay Festival 2022
Freedom Gay Festival is a unique event in the Canary Islands, held in the Yumbo Shopping Centre in Playa del Ingles. Freedom Festival Maspalomas returns in 2022 after several years with a 5 day program full of parties, events and fun and starts in early September. After a long absence, the event will sell out fast and hotels are already filling up for September.
Freedom Festival Maspalomas Program 2022
- The event hosts a full program of activities which rivals some of the best festivals in Portugal, London or Madrid. Freedom festival kicks off with an opening party in the Yumbo Centre, the gay heart of Maspalomas. Events run for 5 more days. Typically the parties are held in the central square of the shopping complex complete with impressive stage, light and sound.
- Other events include dance nights with international DJs, A Drag Race competition, Pool Parties, Boat Parties and more.
- We await the full program for 2022.
Where to stay during Freedom Festival Maspalomas?
Each of the bars and clubs in the Yumbo will host special events, as will the hotels. The following hotels host some of the best pool parties and are close to all the night time parties, events and gay scene:
- Hotel Ritual Maspalomas – Hosts several pool parties throughout the pride, 4 mins walk to the Yumbo.
- Axel beach Maspalomas – Famous gay hotel with fun steam room, great rooms and large dance area by the pool. 7 Minute Walk to the Yumbo
- Los Almendros Bungalows – Charming exclusively gay resort hosts popular pool parties with a more intimate feel. 15 min walk from the yumbo or catch the bus (8 mins)
- Amadores beach Club – Host of the Pro Gay (Maspalomas Winter Pride organisers) Wet & White Party, one of the most popluar pool parties of the week. This aparthotel offers large rooms and great beach restaurants. – 19 mins by taxi of 0 mins by bus to the Yumbo.
- Sanom Beach Resort – An adults only resort with a large pool, two fun hot tubs, lots of space for sun lloungers and a chilled vibe. One of our readers highest rated places to stay in Maspalomas. 5 mins walk to the Yumbo.
- Seven Hotel & Wellness – Constantly ranked as “Superb” by guests, the Seven Hotel & Wellness is a gay men only resort with large stylish apartments, amazing views, a great pool and friendly staff. Their pool parties are some of the most talked about in the Yumbo! 7 mins taxi, 30 mins walk or 20 mins bus.
Recommended Hotels in Maspalomas By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Maspalomas that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Ofering an outdoor swimming pool, a garden and air-conditioned accommodation with a patio and free WiFi. Each unit comes with a sofa, a seating area, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a well-fitted kitchen with a dining area, a safety deposit box and a private bathroom with bathrobes. A dishwasher, a microwave, fridge, kettle & a coffee machine.
Bohemia Suites & Spa
5 Star, Adults Only
Offering large rooms with balconies, the adults-only Bohemia Suites & Spa features 1 freshwater outdoor pool and 1 saltwater outdoor pool and 2 outdoor jacuzzis. The stylish rooms feature yellow, terracotta or purple colour schemes with olive-wood furnishings. The rooftop restaurant offers creative local dishes and panoramic views & a terrace cocktail bar.
4 Star, Great Value
Located in Playa del Inglés. The complex features a swimming pool, 2 hot tubs, and free WiFi in all areas. Sol Barbacan offers a buffet restaurant and an a la carte restaurant, as well as a pool bar and an evening lounge with a terrace. Set in gardens, the complex includes minigolf and beach volleyball facilities. There is also a gym
4 Star, Adults Only
AxelBeach Maspalomas an outdoor pool, gym and tennis court. This gay and hetero-friendly, adults-only complex also has a hammam, hot tub and sauna. Opening onto terraces, the apartments have attractive, contemporary décor. All include air conditioning, a safe, free WiFi and a comfortable living area with a sofa and flat-screen satellite TV.
Video Of Freedom Maspalomas Gay Festival
Freedom Maspalomas Gay Festival 2016