From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Folsom Down Under Melbourne 2024
Folsom Down Under Melbourne brings a taste of fetish fun and Berlin and San Francisco vibes to Australia, aiming to nurture, protect, normalize and celebrate sexually adventurous queer subculture. The event brings some of the hottest day and night parties to Melbourne.
- Stay at the “Fabulous” rated Lyall hotel and Spa, with beautifully decorated rooms and perfect location, close to all of Melbourne’s top attractions and the gay parties.
Highlights of Folsom Down Under
- The inaugural Folsom Down Under festival takes place in March each year with a series of parties, events, and BBQ/picnics.
- For adults 18 years and over only, expect Nudity, Sex scenes, Strobe lights, Smoke/haze and smoking on stage. Higlights include:
- This event was postponed yet again! – Moved to September 29th 2023 – 9.45 pm to 5 am. Chasers Nightclub – The flagship dance party of Folsom Down Under.
- Perversion is the ultimate sub-culture dance event presented by Folsom Down Under – the official Australian partner of Folsom Street Events San Francisco. Transmundane; provocative; inclusive. A party that celebrates sexually adventurous queer subculture through dress code, exhibitionism, and dirty, filthy dance music.
- Stay at the Ovolo South Yarra, another “Fabulous” rated hotel with chic rooms, a complimentary mini-bar and considered one of the coolest hotels in Melbourne.
- Awaiting dates for the 2024 edition – UBQ Collingwood – The definitive PERVERSION recovery party presented by Folsom Down Under.
- Deviants is a social afternoon for adults of all identities across the spectrum of queer subculture. Come enjoy a sausage and beer in gear, or in your own particular flavour of kink.
- Chasers Nightclub – 386 Chapel St, South Yarra VIC 3141, Australia. Chasers is a luxe nightclub with plush, retro decor, plus multiple dance floors with mirror balls and lasers.
- UBQ Collingwood – Gay & lesbian organization in Collingwood, Australia with a bar, event space and restaurant.
Where to stay during Folsom Down Under
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action:
Gay Map of Melbourne
Melbourne’s gay bars & clubs are located in St Kilda and South Yarra south of the city or in Collingwood, Richmond and Fitzroy north of the city and one in Yarraville.
Recommended Hotels in Melbourne By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Melbourne that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Rising above Melbourne’s vibrant Southbank precinct, Crown Towers offers spacious luxury rooms with views of the city or Port Phillip Bay. Each room features original artworks and marble bathrooms. Each room includes a large plasma-screen TV with laptop video-on-demand system, and a separate dressing room. The city and bay views are framed by floor-to-ceiling windows.
Lancemore Crossley St
5 Star, Readers Choice
Situated in Melbourne and with Princess Theatre reachable within 300 metres, Lancemore Crossley St. Melbourne features express check-in and check-out, non-smoking rooms, a fitness centre, free WiFi throughout the property and a bar. This property also provides guests with a terrace. The accommodation offers a 24-hour front desk, room service and organising tours for guests.
5 Star, Great Value
Located in the heart of Melbourne CBD, the Melbourne Marriott Hotel features a swimming pool, sauna and fitness centre. Guests can also relax at the restaurant, cafe or bar. All rooms are spacious and non-smoking, offering cable TV, a minibar and a desk with high-speed internet access. Located only minutes from Her Majesty’s Theatre, Federation Square
4 Star, Location
Located in the heart of Melbourne’s restaurant and theatre district on Little Bourke Street, Ovolo Laneways offers original artworks, luxurious bathrooms, quality furnishings and free high-speed wireless internet. Situated in the CBD, Ovolo Laneways is a 3-minute walk from Parliament. shopping, sporting arenas, art galleries, restaurants and bars all within easy walking distance.