From: Thursday, March 7, 2024
To: Monday, March 11, 2024
ChillOut Festival 2024
ChillOut, Australia’s number one Queer Country Pride festival, is held in the gay capital of regional Victoria – Daylesford! From humble beginnings, ChillOut has grown to become the biggest and longest-running Country Queer Pride event in regional Australia, and the largest festival in Hepburn Shire.
- Visiting for Chillout? Labor Day Long weekend is one of the busiest times in Australia, marking the highlight of the Summer season . Book your hotel or apartment early to ensure you have a place to stay.
When is Chillout Daylesford?
- ChillOut began as an annual festival of the Springs Connection, a local gay and lesbian business group in Daylesford. The first festival was staged in 1997 and each year the festival is held over the Victorian Labour Day long weekend in March.
Daylesford Chillout Festival Program
- Across two weeks from the end of February through to March, the festival transforms the Central Highlands of Victoria into “Queer Country”.
- There’s a carnival, a champagne bar, even a parade through the town. There are plenty of cowboy hats and flannelette shirts. Unlike your average bush dance, however, in Daylesford the cowboys will be spinning one another around the dancefloor.
- Events culminate in a final weekend of parties.
- Stay in the heart of Daylesford and enjoy easy access to all the parties and parade at the Albert Guest House, rated “Fabulous” by guests. The hotel has beautiful self contained apartment suites as well as 5 boutique heritage style rooms.
Chillout Festival Parade
- Awaiting Dates – The parade is held on the final Sunday of the event. it starts at 10 am and makes its way down Vincent Street. The parade ends at 11 am.
- Grab your spot early at the Daylesford Brewing Co for the best view of the parade with espresso martinis flowing and brunch on offer. The perfect way to start the day, before settling in for a lazy Sunday or jumping on the bus to the carnival.
- Awaiting Dates – Victoria Park, Daylesford, from 11 am to 6 pm – Set up a picnic for a day of community, laughter, singing and joy hosted by MC duo – the way-beyond-fabulous Nate Byrne and Art Simone.
- As well as the annual hilarity of Best In Show Dog Show and the Tug of Love.
- Take the shuttle bus from the centre of Daylesford.
- Awaiting Dates – Bar Merenda x Brew Jays Bloc Party from 1 pm to 7 pm – An afternoon of dancing and shenanigans featuring a live house music stage, espresso martini’s and spritz’s all in the private carpark space of Bar Merenda.
- Awaiting Dates – CiaoBoy Piazza Party from noon until 8 pm at the Convent Gallery – The perfect place to spend a few hours between Chillout Festival events. Cocktails, picnic boxes and lawn games – all while dancing into the sunset.
- Awaiting Dates – Daylesford Pool is transformed into the biggest pool party this side of Melbourne. Entertainment and activities throughout the day. Hosted by Frock Hudson, tunes with DJ Casio and special guests synchronised swimmers ‘The Floating Cows’.
- Stay just a 3 minute ride from the pool at the Daylesford Art Motel, offering 5 star luxury accommodation with spacious rooms and a “Fabulous” experience.
Late Night Events
- Awaiting Dates – Ballroom Blitz 8 pm to Midnight – Victoria Park lit up like a firefly. DJs will warm up the floor with special guests and your favorite queens.
- Awaiting Dates – Bush Dance – 8 pm to Midnight – Victoria Park
- Awaiting Dates – Highlights not to be missed include the Thick and Juicy Chill Out BBQ and party and the Poof Doof Drag Jamboree.
While events in the capital cities might be a lot bigger, ChillOut retains a relaxed, down-to-earth atmosphere with plenty of opportunities to let your hair down, and has found a special place in the hearts of gay men and lesbians across Australia – and the world
- Daylesford is a charming town. The roads are wide and lined with trees; a grand post office, topped with a turret, stands at one end of the main street; a turn of the century pub with a wide balcony shading the footpath below, at the other.
- The town of 2500, at the foot of the Great Dividing Range, is one of the increasing number of regional towns and outer suburbs LGBTI Australians are calling home. It is just over a one-hour drive from Melbourne.
Where to stay during Chillout Daylesford
The following hotels are currently trending with our readers:
Gay Map of Daylesford
Daylesford, Victoria is the secret gay capital of Australia. This picturesque rural hamlet is just one hour drive from Melbourne airport and 90 minutes from the city. Daylesford has a large gay population and united group of shop owners and tourism operators. Together they produce the largest gay and lesbian festival in rural and regional Australia when the entire town turns into one big gay village. All of the businesses in the area have been gay-friendly for more than 20 years.
Recommended Hotels in Daylesford By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Daylesford that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
4 Star, Comfort
Located in the heart of Daylesford, Hotel Frangos offers individually-styled guest rooms, each unique and with their own style and character. The property features an on-site cafe and bar. All rooms feature an en suite, flat screen TV, coffee machine, minibar, bathrobes and complimentary luxe toiletries. The on-site cafe, is open daily from 07:00 – late
Central Springs Inn
4 Star, Readers Choice
Located on a historic site in central Daylesford, offering air-conditioned accommodation with free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen TV. Beautiful gardens and free parking. Guest rooms are located in either the historic 18th century lodging or the contemporary motel building. All rooms include a refrigerator, tea & coffee making facilities, bathrooms with hairdryer and guest toiletries
The Royal Daylesford
3 Star, Great Value
Daylesford Royal Hotel offers a range of luxury accommodation options, most with a spa bath, en suite and a balcony. Guests can enjoy an continental breakfast, can dine at the in-house restaurant and cafe or simply unwind and relax over a quiet drink in the modern sports bar. The Convent Gallery Daylesford is 500 m from Daylesford Royal Hotel
3 Star, B&B
Pendower House B&B is just 2 minutes’ walk from Daylesford Bus Station and the main street. It offers 2 guest lounges with open fire, barbecue facilities and a fully cooked breakfast. Free parking is provided on site. All guest rooms have electric blankets and ironing equipment. Each has an en suite bathroom with a shower and free toiletries, an outdoor patio with views of the garden.
Video Of Daylesford ChillOut Festival
ChillOut Festival Daylesford Parade 2016 – Video Nadine Jade