From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Heavenue – The Gay Christmas Market!
Heavenue is the gay Christmas Market taking place in Cologne each year from late November in the grounds of KölnBonn near Rudolfplatz.
- Stay close to the market at Maison Marasil, a design hotel rated “Fabulous” by guests in the heart of the old town, featuring individually designed rooms and apartments
- Heavenue is a produced by the same people who bring the “Sexy Cologne” parties to the city. The event is one of the highlights of Christmas in Cologne and features live shows and music every weekend.
- The Market forms part of the big pre-christmas circuit weekend, Sexy St.Nicholas the perfect way to kick start your Christmas celebrations.
- Heavenue is open for 4 weeks from Monday to Thursday from 16.00 to 22.00 and on Friday and Saturday from 14.00 to 22.00.
- Check out the top hotels closest to Heavenue.
- Awaiting confirmation of the 2023 Venue – The 2022 edition did not take place due to location issues. Organisers have confirmed the event will return in 2023.
- The pedestrian zone around Sparkasse KölnBonn at Rudolfplatz is home to the gay Christmas Market. The plaza between Hahnenstrasse and Staufenstrasse is transformed into HEAVENUE – a composite word of “Heaven” and “Avenue”.
- Colorful market booths in pop art style, decorated with romantic elements and snow-white garlands, characterize the look of the market.
- A sophisticated lighting design consisting of LEDs, chains of lights and special effects transforms the square into a colourful, dazzling sea of lights in the evening – which is sure to put a sparkle in the eyes of visitors. Everyone who walks through the heavenly entrance portal will be transported into a Christmas wonderland!
- The market is a 7 minute walk from the Neumarkt main christmas market.
- Get the insider guide on Cologne’s gay christmas market.
Recommended Hotels in Cologne
The following Cologne hotels are all close to the city’s top attractions, gay bars & Christmas Markets:
Gay Map of Cologne
There two gay areas in Cologne: Rudolfplatz, known locally as the “Bermuda Triangle” is more modern in style with Many of the cafes, bars and clubs around have started during the last twenty years. The Old Town is home to more Traditional pubs and bars for mixed ages.
Recommended Hotels in Cologne By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Cologne that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
This hotel is situated in Cologne city centre, 200 m from the Heumarkt Square. It offers spacious rooms and a restaurant. Some rooms include access to a health club with large indoor swimming pool. Spacious rooms with soundproofed windows and modern décor. All rooms include free tea/coffee facilities and a stylish marble bathroom.
4 Star, Readers Choice
Featuring a bar, 25hours Hotel The Circle is located in Cologne the facilities of this property are a restaurant, a 24-hour front desk and a concierge service, along with free WiFi throughout the property. The hotel will provide guests with air-conditioned rooms with a desk, a safety deposit box, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a shower.
Maritim Hotel Köln
4 Star, Location
Centrally located in Cologne, this hotel provides excellent panoramic views of the River Rhine. The Maritim Köln offers elegant accommodation and a spa with a gym and indoor pool. The air-conditioned rooms and suites are furnished in warm colours. All rooms include satellite TV, a desk and a modern bathroom. WiFi is provided free
4 Star, Great Value
This hotel lies in the heart of Cologne, offering a large indoor swimming pool and modern gym, and the sauna can be used for a surcharge. The bright and spacious rooms at Hotel Lyskirchen feature elegant interiors. All rooms come with a flat-screen TV, a desk and a coffee machine as well as a complimentary bottle of mineral water. Free WiFi is available.
Showtime mit DESIREE NICK
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Cologne
Cologne, affectionately referred to as the “Gay Capital of Germany”, boasts vibrant gay neighbourhoods brimming with history, culture, and LGBTQ+ pride. The city’s heart beats loudly in the districts of Rudolfplatz and the Old Town’s famous Bermuda Triangle.
Altstadt-Nord | Cologne Old Town
- Cologne’s gay scene is around Heumarkt-Mathiasstrasse in the Old Town (Altstadt). It is the city’s original gayborhood.
- The gaybourhood is home to low-key gay bars, a leather vibe and famous cruise clubs.
- One of the pioneering districts for LGBTQ+ rights in Germany, it hosts several post-parade parties during Cologne Pride.
- Discover the best things to see and do in the old town.
Nicknamed “The Bermuda Triangle”, located west of town and home to Babylon & Phoenix saunas.
Known for its hip atmosphere offering a blend of chic boutiques, trendy restaurants, & lively bars.