From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Valencia Summer Colours 2023
Valencia Summer Colours is the LGBTQ+ Event of the Summer in Spain, taking place in Plaza Del Ayuntamiento in August.
- Stay at the Jardín Botánico Hotel Boutique located in the gay Carmen district. The hotel has parquet floors, whirlpool tubs and a contemporary design inspired by the city’s famous Botanical gardens.
- Valencia Summer Colours is a free event open to all; a party for diversity and inclusion, with a stellar lineup of guest stars, surprise performances, drag acts and more.
- Enjoy guest DJs from across Spain and beyond and surprise performances on the main stage right by Valencia’s Town Hall Square.
- The event is hosted by the fabulous Valencian drag artist Tracy Pop.
- Stay close to the venue at the Melia Plaza Valencia, rated “Fabulous” by guests with modern rooms, a stunning rooftop and perfect location.
- Valencia Summer Colours is organised by Tourism Valencia, The Valencia Town Hall and Gay Super Club Deseo 54.
- The event takes place at Plaza del Ayuntamiento, the Town Hall Square, the city’s most prominent and unmistakably impressive square.
- Plaza Del Ayuntamiento is dominated by an attractive fountain and is surrounded by beautiful sights, including several buildings from the 19th and early 20th centuries.
- In the evening, the Plaza del Ayuntamiento is attractively lit (like many other squares, fountains and historic buildings in Valencia).
Where to stay?
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Map of Valencia
The gay scene in Valencia is spread out in 2 distinct districts, The Botànic/Quart and Russafa (Ruzafa). Both are within close walking distance from the Old Town centre. The city also has one gay beach, Platja de l’Arbre del Gos which is outside of the city, however the city beach is packed full of gay boys throughout the season.
Recommended Hotels in Valencia By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Valencia that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
SH Valencia Palace
5 Star, Luxury
Located in front of the Palau de la Música in Valencia, this elegant hotel features a rooftop swimming pool and sun terrace. It offers spacious rooms with a classic design and free Wi-Fi. The Albufera restaurant offers local cuisine based on fresh products and gluten-free options are available. There is also a snack bar, an express bar and a lobby bar. A buffet breakfast is served
4 Star, Readers Choice
Zenit Valencia boasts a fantastic central location opposite Valencia’s Estación del Norte and the city’s bullring. It offers free Wi-Fi and has a fitness centre, sauna and car park. All rooms at the Zenit are stylishly furnished, with a private bathroom complete with hairdryer. Each room also contains a work desk, safety deposit box and plasma TV with satellite channels.
4 Star, Great Value
Vincci Palace is located in central Valencia, 5 minutes’ walk from the Cathedral. It is an attractive design hotel offering elegant rooms with satellite TV and free internet access. The Hotel Vincci Palace serves a buffet breakfast, which includes gluten-free products. There is a stylish on-site café selling refreshments and snacks, and a wide variety of restaurants can be found within a 5-minute walk
3 Star, Location
Decorated with bright red accents, the modern rooms at Kimpton Banneker Hotel feature a flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi access, and a work desk. An en suite bathroom and a minibar are also included. Bar Rouge offers breakfast, dinner, and weekday happy hour specials in a sleek, modern environment. Morning coffee and tea are available
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Valencia
Valencia is LGBTQ+ friendly, and there are several areas in the city that are popular among the gay community. The city is also known for its vibrant culture, stunning architecture, and rich history.
Ruzafa | A trendy & diverse neighborhood
- Ruzafa has historically been a diverse and inclusive neighborhood, attracting people from various backgrounds.
- It has a reputation for being LGBTQ+ friendly and is home to many gay-friendly bars, cafes, and venues.
- The streets of Ruzafa are adorned with colorful street art and murals, contributing to the neighborhood’s vibrant and dynamic atmosphere.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Ruzafa
El Carmen is the historic old town of Valencia, with its narrow streets, medieval architecture, and bohemian vibe.
One of Valencia’s most popular & iconic beaches. It’s a wide, sandy beach with a long promenade, perfect for relaxing.