From: Friday, November 3, 2023
To: Saturday, November 11, 2023
Guadalajara Gay Games 2023
Organizers of Gay Games 11, the quadrennial international LGBTQ sports event scheduled in Hong Kong in November 2023, announced on Feb. 14 that they have named Guadalajara, Mexico, as the “presumptive” co-host city for the global multi-sport event.
- Are you visiting for the Guadalajara Gay Games? The event will attract thousands of visitors and athletes. The Central or eastern area of Zona Centro makes the perfect base to explore the city. It is full of pedestrian-only streets, charming hotels, and feels safe. The DoubleTree by Hilton Guadalajara Centro Historico is rated fabulous and has a wide range of breakfast options, rooms with great views and high-end amenities.
The Gay Games will take place simultaneously in the two host cities. It will be the first-ever Gay Games in Asia and Latin America in November 2023.
The Guadalajara Gay Games
- When Hong Kong won its bid to host the Gay Games, its organizers said 36 sports such as swimming, soccer, volleyball and other specific sports represented at the Hong Kong games. There is no decision yet as to which events will move to Guadalajara.
- “Under the theme ‘Unity in Diversity,’ the games will feature a wide variety of sporting events, opening and closing ceremonies, a festival village and arts and culture events.
- As preparations for the games are confirmed, this listing will be updated with the latest information.
- The gayest city in Mexico, Guadalajara, has two gay neighbourhoods, one in the historic centre and one in the Zona Rosa. The city has a huge gay culture and has remained authentic as it is often missed by tourists who shuttle between Mexico City and Puerto Vallarta.
- Centro Historico is popular with locals, and the atmosphere spills out onto the pedestrian streets at night. Drinks are cheap, and the atmosphere is friendly, if not downright cruisy and very authentic. Most of the activities here happen at night.
- The other hot spot is the upscale neighbourhood of the Zona Rosa (around Av Chapultepec). Here the gay bars and clubs tend to be larger, and drinks prices are higher. Venues are busy during the day and night with lots of bars with outdoor patios, larger discos and shops.
Gay Bars & Clubs in Guadalajara
Guadalajara boasts over 15 gay bars, saunas and clubs. Hare are some of the most popular:
- California’s bar – Fun bar with an eclectic mix of clientele and sexy gogos, hot guys and Latin pop.
- Babel Club – One of the best clubs in the city, hosting regular theme nights and pride parties, drag shows & dancing.
- Cabaret Bar – Trendy bar with several shows – reserve to get on the entry list ahead of time as it can fill up fast.
- El Arenal – Cruising Club with darkroom, sauna, video rooms and more.
- El Sótano – Stripper shows, massage, super clean and recently renovated.
- Renacer Day Spa – Gay Sauna with massage service and weekend pool parties.
Here are the hotels we recommend with good reviews, close to all the action:
Map of Gay Guadalajara
Recommended Hotels in Guadalajara mexico
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Guadalajara that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Hotel Casino Plaza
4 Star, Luxury
Nestled in the heart of Guadalajara, Mexico near the Metropolitan Cathedral, this hotel offers free wireless internet access, free on-site parking and an international restaurant. DVD players and Safety Deposit Boxes in each room. Dinner can also be enjoyed in the privacy of the room with the hotel’s room service.
Hotel Real Maestranza
4 Star, Readers Choice
The accommodation features a 24-hour front desk, airport transfers, room service and free WiFi throughout the property. At the hotel every room is fitted with air conditioning, a seating area, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a safety deposit box and a private bathroom with a shower, a hairdryer and a coffee machine.
Hotel de Mendoza
4 Star, Great Value
Located in the charming historic district of Guadalajara, Mexico, the Hotel de Mendoza offers guests a peaceful setting while exploring the attractions of this historic city. Guests can take advantage of Hotel de Mendoza’s inviting pool with hot tub, or get fit in the exercise center. The Restaurant offers guests fine Mexican and international cuisine
Dali Plaza Ejecutivo
4 Star, Location
This 4-star hotel is just a 3 minute walk from the Guadalajara Cathedral. Hotel Dali Plaza Ejecutivo features an on-site lounge, free Wi-Fi, a buffet breakfast and air conditioned rooms. Guest rooms include cable TV and a work desk. Free local telephone calls can be made from every room. Each room provides a private bathroom, and room service
Video of the Gay games
A look back at the last Gay Games in Paris