From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Gay Salzburg Long Night of Diversity 2023
The queer scene is colourful and diverse. To celebrate this attitude to life, the Long Night of Diversity in Salzburg announces the arrival of the Austrian Pride season.
- Visiting Austria? Stay close to all the festivities at the Hotel & Villa Auersperg Salzburg, a 4-star hotel rated “Superb” by guests with beautiful decor, exceptional views and a perfect location.
The Long Night of Diversity
- The Austrian Pride season begins in Salzburg with the Long Night of Diversity and ends in Salzburg with Pride in September. The event is produced by the legendary Gigi Lapajette, one of Austria’s most famous drag personalities.
- The night begins at 5.30 pm with an opening party at Hosi Bar. From 7 pm, drag queens from Vienna’s Lipstick Ball will tour Salzburg’s gay scene.
- Other events include Porn karaoke, hosted by Gigi, where audience members decide who wins by moaning in ecstasy.
- Handbag and dildo throwing competitions return this year with a new category, Twerking.
The Venues & Tickets
- Businesses taking part during the event include Hosi Bar, Dark Eagle, The Mexxx and Fungo Bar, all located within the Andräviertel gay district.
- The combined ticket, which includes admission to all participating shops, costs 22 euros, and individual admission costs 6 or 8 euros.
- Enjoy a welcome shot in each bar. 100% of the proceeds will go to the HOSI Salzburg.
Other things to do in Salzburg
After all the partying, make sure you spend time exploring the stunning sights of Salzburg.
- Take the queer city tour, visit the Hohensalzburg Fortress,
- Explore the Salzburg Cathedral with its spectacular catacombs,
- Tour the streets of Salzburg’s old town.
- Other highlights include a Mozartkugel tasting. A Mozartkugel is a small, round sugar confection made of pistachio, marzipan and nougat that is covered with dark chocolate. It was originally known as Mozart-Bonbon, created in 1890 by Salzburg confectioner Paul Fürst and named after Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Relive your favorite scenes from the classic musical “The Sound of Music” on this Salzburg sightseeing tour. Visit filming sites around the city while your guide provides historical background on Salzburg’s top attractions and architectural jewels, including the gazebo where “Sixteen Going on Seventeen” was shot.
- Finally, don’t miss a photo op at the Rainbow bench on the Rose Hill in Mirabellpark.
we have found hotels that keep you in the gay area and close to all the sights Salzburg has to offer,
Gay Map of Salzburg
Recommended Hotels in Salzburg
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Salzburg that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Hotel Bristol is situated in the heart of Salzburg, only a few steps away from Mirabell Palace & the Festival Houses. This historic 5-star hotel offers an award-winning restaurant & free WiFi. The spacious and elegant non-smoking rooms are air-conditioned. They overlook the city & feature a flat-screen satellite TV, a minibar, & a safe.
5 Star, Great Value
Located in Salzburg, 200 m from Mirabell Palace, Hyperion Hotel Salzburg features air-conditioned rooms & a restaurant. This property also provides guests with a terrace. The accommodation provides a 24-hour front desk, room service. Every room is fitted with a desk, a flat-screen TV, a private bathroom, bed linen and towels & a safety deposit box.
Hotel & Spa Auersperg
4 Star, Style & Luxury
Family-run for 3 generations, the small and elegant boutique Hotel & Petit Spa Auersperg features a charming garden terrace and a spa area with a roof terrace. The individually designed non-smoking rooms range from classic to modern style. They are located in the hotel and the adjacent Villa Auersperg, a city villa from the mid-19th century.
Hotel am Mirabellplatz
4 Star, Readers Choice
The boutique Hotel am Mirabellplatz is directly opposite the Mirabell Palace and the Salzburg Congress Centre, and only a short walk from the Old Town. Free WiFi is available. The modern and individually designed rooms of the Hotel am Mirabellplatz are equipped with a minibar, a safe, an air conditioner, & a bathroom with hairdryer & make-up mirror.
Video Guide to Salzburg
Discover the best sights and things to do in Salzburg, Austria