From: Friday, November 3, 2023
To: Saturday, November 11, 2023
Gay Games Hong Kong 2023
For the first time in Asia, the Gay Games will take place in the beautiful city of Hong Kong in November 2023.
- Stay in The Pottinger Hong Kong close to all the gay bars and clubs, plus within easy reach of most of the city’s top attractions.
The Gay Games – Hong Kong and Guadalajara
- Given the current situation in Hong Kong regarding Covid, organisers have decided to host the event in both Hong Kong and runner-up city, Guadalajara.
- The Gay Games 11, Hong Kong 2023’s (GGHK) is a unique combination of sport, arts, culture, fun and community, bringing together diverse groups of people to experience moments of joy.
- The event will attract more than 12,000 participants, 75,000 spectators and 3,000 volunteers from 100 countries.
- There are 36 sporting events planned including new events such as Dragon Boat Racing, Dodgeball, eSports, and Trail Running. The games will begin and end with star studding opening and closing ceremonies.
- A purpose built festival village will host Arts & Culture events with daily performances over 6 nights on the festival main stage, a Gala Concert, LGBTQ+ art exhibitions, and a variety of events to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Gay Games.
Gay Games Hong Kong Highlights
- It is not clear what events will continue given the current circumstances and what events will take place in Guadalajara. We await an update:
- Asian LGBTQ+ contemporary art exhibition
- 6 nights of performances on the Village Main Stage featuring exhibition dances, performance art, choir, concert bands, and more!
- The New Media Arts Expo hosted in the historic Tai Kwun Centre for Heritage and Arts showcases interactive and cutting edge artworks
- Visual arts exhibition celebrating young LGBT artists in Hong Kong
- The International Rainbow Memorial Relay
- A presentation of the Names Project Memorial Quilt with interactive engagement and a moving memorial service led by Hong Kong AIDS Concern
- A spectacular Opening Ceremony celebrating Hong Kong and the spirit of the Games, featuring local, regional and international artists, performances, lights and music at the Hong Kong Stadium
- Nightly Cabaret shows and breathtaking junk boat tours of Victoria Harbor
- Everyone is welcome to participate regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, or background.
Gay Hong Kong
- Most of Hong Kong’s gay bars and clubs are located in Causeway Bay and the Central District entertainment zone (SoHo) on Hollywood Road area and Wan Chai on Hong Kong Island, Causeway Bay District of across Victoria Harbor in the Tsim Sha Tsui district around Nathan Road of Kowloon.
- Middle Bay, a small area next to Repulse Bay on Hong Kong Island, the most popular gay beach, is accessible by taxi or a short walk from Repulse. Walk a little further to find another gay section at South Bay Beach.
- Lantau Island’s south coast has a beautiful long stretch of sand called Cheung Sha Beach, where gay sunbathers spread their towels next to a rocky outcrop bisecting the beach.
Gay Hong Kong Nightlife is centered on Hong Kong Island around the areas of Soho and Lan Kwai Fong (LFK). The following hotels are close to the city’s top attractions and gay nightlife:
Gay Map of Hong Kong
Gay Hong Kong Nightlife is centered on Hong Kong Island around the areas of Soho and Lan Kwai Fong (LFK). Weeknights can be a little quiet across HK gay nightlife but weekends make up for this.
Gay Hong Kong’s nightlife is mainly located in the Soho (South of Hollywood Road, HK Island) and LKF (Lan Kwai Fong, HK Island). Soho and LKF are separate areas but are within easy walking distance from each other (around 10 minutes). Zoo Bar in Soho (Jervois Street, HK Island) and Oosh Saturday Nights in LKF (Pottinger Street, HK island) are two of HK biggest gay venues.
Recommended Hotels in Hong Kong By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Hong Kong that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
W Hong Kong
5 Star, Luxury
W Hong Kong towers over busy West Kowloon with its 76th-floor outdoor pool, pampering spa treatments and its 73rd-floor 24-hour gym. Overlooking the city, harbour or ocean, the stylish air-conditioned rooms all come with a large LCD HDTV, oversized writing desk, rainforest shower. The signature W bed is fitted with 400-thread-count bedsheets. The en suite bathroom has a 15-inch flat-screen TV, a soaking tub and soft bathrobes.
Ocean Park Marriott Hotel
5 Star, Readers Choice
The 469 guest rooms and suite combine modern design with nature-inspired décor including Ocean Park interconnecting-themed room, featuring mascots from Ocean Park. High-speed internet access and a spacious work desk are also included. Hong Kong Ocean Park Marriott Hotel has an expansive pillar-free ballroom for holding events
iclub Sheung Wan Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
Each room here will provide you with a cable TV and air conditioning. There is also an electric kettle. Featuring a shower, private bathroom also comes with a hairdryer and free toiletries. You can enjoy city view from the room. Extras include a safety deposit box. furnished with large windows and marble bathrooms. Modern amenities include an iPod docking station, flat-screen TV and free WiFi.
3 Star, Location
Situated on Hollywood Road near the Soho area in Central, Travelodge Central, Hollywood Road is within walking distance from historic Man Mo Temple and the dining and entertainment districts of Soho. The hotel features non-smoking rooms. Equipped with a smart device-friendly multimedia docking station, LCD TV and en suite bathroom with hairdryer and free toiletries.
Video Of best of Gay Hong Kong
GAY HONG KONG Travel Guide
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s LGBTQ+ scene is a lively blend of Eastern and Western influences, seamlessly weaving tradition with contemporary elements. Set against the backdrop of the city’s iconic skyscrapers and bustling thoroughfares, a variety of LGBTQ+ establishments are ready to be discovered. From cozy bars in Sheung Wan offering live music and artisanal cocktails, to vibrant nightclubs in Central that synchronize with the city’s rhythm, there’s a spectrum of experiences awaiting exploration.
Soho | Close to the city centre
- The “Gay Soho” area is known for its inclusivity and diverse atmosphere.
- People from various walks of life gather here, creating a welcoming environment for the LGBTQ+ community.
- The Soho area features a variety of LGBTQ+-friendly bars, lounges, and clubs that cater to different preferences and vibes.
- These establishments often have events, themed nights, and live entertainment, making them popular destinations for the gay community.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Hong Kong
The bustling financial district of Hong Kong, characterized by its impressive skyscrapers, luxury shopping.
One of the oldest neighborhoods in Hong Kong it has become a hub for art galleries, creative spaces, & boutiques.