From: Friday, Nov 3rd, 2023
To: Saturday, Nov 11th, 2023
Gay Games Hong Kong 2023
For the first time in Asia, the Gay Games will take place in the beautiful city of Hong Kong in November 2023.
The Gay Games 11, Hong Kong 2023’s (GGHK) is a unique combination of sport, arts, culture, fun and community, bringing together diverse groups of people to experience moments of joy.
The event will attract more than 12,000 participants, 75,000 spectators and 3Save,000 volunteers from 100 countries.
- There are 36 sporting events planned including new events such as Dragon Boat Racing, Dodgeball, eSports, and Trail Running. The games will begin and end with star studding opening and closing ceremonies.
A purpose built festival village will host Arts & Culture events with daily performances over 6 nights on the festival main stage, a Gala Concert, LGBTQ+ art exhibitions, and a variety of events to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Gay Games.
Gay Games Hong Kong Highlights include:
- Asian LGBTQ+ contemporary art exhibition
- 6 nights of performances on the Village Main Stage featuring exhibition dances, performance art, choir, concert bands, and more!
- The New Media Arts Expo hosted in the historic Tai Kwun Centre for Heritage and Arts showcases interactive and cutting edge artworks
- Visual arts exhibition celebrating young LGBT artists in Hong Kong
- The International Rainbow Memorial Relay
- A presentation of the Names Project Memorial Quilt with interactive engagement and a moving memorial service led by Hong Kong AIDS Concern
- A spectacular Opening Ceremony celebrating Hong Kong and the spirit of the Games, featuring local, regional and international artists, performances, lights and music at the Hong Kong Stadium
- Nightly Cabaret shows and breathtaking junk boat tours of Victoria Harbor
Everyone is welcome to participate regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, or background.
Gay Hong Kong
- Most of Hong Kong’s gay bars and clubs are located in Causeway Bay and the Central District entertainment zone (SoHo) on Hollywood Road area and Wan Chai on Hong Kong Island, Causeway Bay District of across Victoria Harbor in the Tsim Sha Tsui district around Nathan Road of Kowloon.
- Stay in The Pottinger Hong Kong close to all the gay bars and clubs, plus within easy reach of most of the city’s top attractions.
- Middle Bay, a small area next to Repulse Bay on Hong Kong Island, the most popular gay beach, is accessible by taxi or a short walk from Repulse. Walk a little further to find another gay section at South Bay Beach.
- Lantau Island’s south coast has a beautiful long stretch of sand called Cheung Sha Beach, where gay sunbathers spread their towels next to a rocky outcrop bisecting the beach.
Gay Hong Kong Nightlife is centered on Hong Kong Island around the areas of Soho and Lan Kwai Fong (LFK)
We have found hotels that make it easy for you to get to and from the bars,
Gay Map of Hong Kong
Gay Hong Kong Nightlife is centered on Hong Kong Island around the areas of Soho and Lan Kwai Fong (LFK). Weeknights can be a little quiet across HK gay nightlife but weekends make up for this.
Gay Hong Kong’s nightlife is mainly located in the Soho (South of Hollywood Road, HK Island) and LKF (Lan Kwai Fong, HK Island). Soho and LKF are separate areas but are within easy walking distance from each other (around 10 minutes). Zoo Bar in Soho (Jervois Street, HK Island) and Oosh Saturday Nights in LKF (Pottinger Street, HK island) are two of HK biggest gay venues.
Recommended Apartments in Hong Kong
Fitted with wooden flooring and living with flat screen TV and dining areas and 1 bedroom with a bathroom, studios also offer a kitchen which has a stove, microwave, toaster and fridge. They include a washing machine, sofa and flat-screen TV.
The accommodation is air conditioned and has a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. There is a seating and/or dining area in some units. All units include a microwave and refrigerator. There is a private bathroom with a bath and free toiletries
The apartment will provide you with a TV, air conditioning and an iPod dock.There is a full a kitchenette with a microwave and a refrigerator. Featuring a shower, private bathroom includes hairdryer. You can enjoy city view from the room.
Situated in Hong Kong, within 500 m of Victoria Park and 500 m of Hysan Place, V Causeway Bay 2 features accommodation with a living room with a flat-screen TV and a kitchenette, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom with shower .
Video Of best of Gay Hong Kong
GAY HONG KONG Travel Guide
Recommended Hotels in Hong Kong
Hong Kong, a towering city filled with skyscrapers, luxury malls and winding side streets all built on the side of jungle covered mountains. Spread over a collection of small islands and adjacent mainland, Hong Kong is home to 7 million people making it one of the most densely populated areas in the world. We have chosen hotels that are close to the best bar and clubs and to suit all budgets.
W Hotel, 5 Star
Urban Glamour & Design Lovers
Inspired by nature, the chic W Hong Kong towers over busy West Kowloon with its 76th floor outdoor pool, spa treatments & 24-hour gym.
Ovolo Southside 4, Star
Warehouse Turned Amazing Hotel
Ovolo Southside features modern-style rooms with tasteful decoration in Hong Kong. City or mountain views can be enjoyed in rooms. It offers free Wi-Fi
iclub Sheung Wan, 4 Star
Relaxing Theme in Gay Town
Each room has a cable TV and air conditioning, an electric kettle. Featuring a shower, private bathroom also comes with a hairdryer and free toiletries.
Travelodge Hotel, 3 Star
Budget Party Guys in Gay Town
On Hollywood Road near the Soho within walking distance from historic Man Mo Temple and the dining and entertainment districts of Soho