From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Essential Manchester & Morning Glory 2023
Manchester’s biggest gay dance party returns to the city during long bank holiday weekends, special events and pop-up nights.
- Are you visiting Manchester for the party? Stay close to the host venue in Deansgate. The YOTEL Manchester is rated “Fabulous” by guests with a unique design, delicious breakfast options and just steps from the city’s top attractions.
- Starring THE ESSENTIAL ALL STAR DJs – Thaddeus, Aphrodite, Sharon O Love, Alan Stevens and Joshua Cole. Live PAs from ANGIE BROWN and KITTY SCOTT-CLAUS, featuring the Essential muscle boys, dancers, drag queens and The Sinz! With Mad Pat in The Pop Lounge Toilets and hosted by the one and only MISS CHRISSY DARLING.
- The party kicks off from 10 pm to 4 am. Dance along to a soundtrack of funky, uplifting house with spectacular light shows, muscle boy dancers, drag queens, circus acts, confetti and CO2 cannons!
- Albert Hall Manchester – Designed for worship and lovingly restored for cultural celebration, Albert Hall Manchester was initially built as a Wesleyan Chapel.
- Today, huge stained glass windows, ceiling arches and ornate vestibules create a stunning composition of grandeur. When transformed into a club space, the venue has a capacity of more than two thousand guests.
- The Grade II listed building is located on Peter Street adjacent to Deansgate, making it one of the most accessible and central event spaces located in the city.
- For a unique stay, book your room at The Edwardian Manchester, A Radisson Collection Hotel, rated “Superb” by guests, with a superb pool and spa.
Manchester has a thriving LGBT+ scene, centered around the world famous Canal Street – home of “The Village”. Stop by during the festive season and enjoy some cheesy Christmas music, festive themed party nights and a warm and welcoming atmosphere after a day’s shopping in the markets.
Located just south of Chinatown, the village features an eclectic mix of bars, clubs, restaurants and green spaces set alongside a long stretch of the Rochdale Canal. Manchester’s Gay Village has something to suit all tastes. Here’s our shortlist:
- Head to Number 1 Canal Street,http://www.no1canalst.co.uk/ one of the most highly regarded bars in the village, seen by many as the community heart of Canal Street. Its informal drinking and dining atmosphere and appreciation of the arts means that you might get to see a new play or exclusive book reading or art exhibition if you pop by.
- Bar Pop keeps the soundtrack of camp classics and nostalgic favourites coming. .
- G-A-Y is a pop music haven with music video walls and a roof terrace, offering regular drinks promotions to a lively crowd, whilst the gothic interior of Via is the perfect setting for a few pints of lager while enjoying the bar’s nightly entertainment of drag queens and DJs.
- For a relaxing glass of wine, Tribeca’s styled interior is a firm favourite, as is the legendary New York New York on Bloom Street – popular for its camp comedy cabaret nights. Cocktails reign supreme at the decadently decorated Oscars piano and showtunes bar, a must for all musical theatre fans.
- The Eagle on Bloom Street entertains Manchester’s gay male clientele with daily happy hours, themed fetish nights and late-night DJs. Nearby Company Bar also operates a male only door policy and is open late on weekends.
- Finally experience the Village’s more traditional pubs. The Rembrandt, Paddy’s Goose, New Union and Churchills
VIdeo Guide to Manchester Christmas Markets
Hotels in the gay district tend to fill up fast. Check out these deals on the top hotels close to Canal Street.
Here is our top selection of hotels, close to the center of town & the gay bars,
Gay Map of Manchester
Most of the gay bars are on canal street and are within easy walking dissidence from each other
Recommended Hotels in Manchester By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Manchester that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Located in the centre of Manchester, Hotel Gotham is a 3-minute walk from Manchester Arndale Shopping Centre. It offers a rooftop terrace and free WiFi. Serviced by a lift, all rooms and suites are air-conditioned and feature a telephone, a flat-screen TV, coffee and tea facilities. The bathroom offers free toiletries, slippers and a bath or shower & bathrobes
4 Star, Readers Choice
Boasting stunning rooms with contemporary décor, Velvet Hotel is on central Manchester’s vibrant Canal Street and a 5-minute walk from Piccadilly Rail Station. All rooms enjoy elegant furnishings and a flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi. The modern bathrooms are equipped with steam-free mirrors and luxury toiletries. A fully-stocked minibar and hospitality tray.
4 Star, Great Value
In the heart of the city, ABode Manchester is a splendid 19th-century building with free Wi-Fi access. Piccadilly Rail Station is 3 minutes’ walk away. ABode Manchester’s double-glazed rooms offer monsoon showers and luxury toiletries. Guests can also enjoy an LCD TV, and free internet.
3 Star, Location
Motel One Manchester-Piccadilly is located a 5-minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly train station, offering a central-city location, free WiFi and use of on-site bar One Lounge. The hotel offers rooms with an en-suite shower, flat-screen TV and a portable desk. The lounge and bar area serves a buffet breakfast.
Video – Gay Manchester Guide
Discover the best of the city, where to play and party!
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Manchester
Manchester has a rich and vibrant LGBTQ+ community and history. The city is known for being inclusive and welcoming to people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Canal Street | Close to the city centre
- Canal Street, often referred to as the Gay Village, is the epicenter of LGBTQ+ life in Manchester.
- It’s a pedestrianized street lined with bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops that cater specifically to the LGBTQ+ community.
- The area is known for its colorful decorations, rainbow flags, and a lively atmosphere.
- It’s not only a nightlife hub but also hosts various events, parades, and celebrations throughout the year, including Manchester Pride.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Manchester
Staying in the city center puts you close to many of Manchester’s attractions, shopping districts, restaurants, & nightlife.
This modern business & entertainment district offers upscale accommodations, trendy restaurants, & close to attractions.